Possible strat dynamic?

So just had an idea for an interesting way to revamp strats or make strats more interesting.

So say you have a fight first strat for 1CP and your opponent has a fight last for 1CP. In this case they’d cancel out and combat would be decided as normal.

If your fight first strat is 1 CP and their fight last strat is 2CP their start would take precedence, and so on.

And maybe just a set of general canceling strats ranging from 1-3CP?

Would anyone be down for fewer overall strats but they have a dynamic like this?

I can't see the number of Stratagems in the game dropping or the way they interact being changed dramatically.

What I'd like to see is Stratagems being selected in the Army/List building phase so you're committed to them before the game starts.

For example with my White Scars at 2000 points I have 12 Command Points, so I decide to purchase:

• 2x Relic of the Chapter = 2CP
  • 1x Hero of the Chapter = 1CP
  • 1x Only in Death Does Duty End = 2CP
  • 2x Transhuman Physiology (5 man) = 2CP
  • 1x Adaptive Strategy = 2CP
  • 1x Fierce Rivalries = 1CP
  • 2x Encirclement = 2CP

That's it, I've bought them, that's what I have. Any "Bonus Command Points" gained during the game either at the start of each turn or through Warlord Traits etc can only be spent on "CORE STRATAGEMS" from the main rulebook.

Rik

I can't see the number of Stratagems in the game dropping or the way they interact being changed dramatically.

What I'd like to see is Stratagems being selected in the Army/List building phase so you're committed to them before the game starts.

For example with my White Scars at 2000 points I have 12 Command Points, so I decide to purchase:

• 2x Relic of the Chapter = 2CP
  • 1x Hero of the Chapter = 1CP
  • 1x Only in Death Does Duty End = 2CP
  • 2x Transhuman Physiology (5 man) = 2CP
  • 1x Adaptive Strategy = 2CP
  • 1x Fierce Rivalries = 1CP
  • 2x Encirclement = 2CP

That's it, I've bought them, that's what I have. Any "Bonus Command Points" gained during the game either at the start of each turn or through Warlord Traits etc can only be spent on "CORE STRATAGEMS" from the main rulebook.

Rik

Ohhh, I really like this idea. I was going to suggest something like a one use of each per game, but this seems WAY more interesting!