Black Templars FAQ

Joe

Good, we can put a few things to rest;

No imperial fist supplement :lol:

And no cheesing Devout Push to retreat into a transport! Otherwise this looks fairly innocuous, no?

Forgive me if this another can'o'worms, but does this clarification resolve the light/heavy/obscuring cover issue?

Edited by Marshal Mattias

Good, we can put a few things to rest;

No imperial fist supplement :laugh.:

And no cheesing Devout Push to retreat into a transport! Otherwise this looks fairly innocuous, no?

Forgive me if this another can'o'worms, but does this clarification resolve the light/heavy/obscuring cover issue?

Devout push into transports wasn't really cheese though. It's a 3" move that has certain qualifiers about direction. Compare that to fire and fade, which is more than double the movement and has no directional restriction. And you know, no core restriction. 

*Snip*

Devout push into transports wasn't really cheese though. It's a 3" move that has certain qualifiers about direction. Compare that to fire and fade, which is more than double the movement and has no directional restriction. And you know, no core restriction.
My bad, I should clarify;

It seemed wholly unintentional that it would be used in such a way, as it doesn't really fit the feel of that particular rule. Relative power-level aside, it seemed like a game-y application of the rule that, while technically correct, was clearly not the intention of a Devout Push. I'm not judging people for taking the advantage while they had it, but equally I'm glad it is gone :lol:

Edited by Marshal Mattias

I have a hard time arguing theme or feel of rules, especially stratagems. There's nothing thematic about only one rhino popping smoke when a bunch are under fire. Or why only assault intercessors can fight a second time compared to assault marines or normal intercessors. It also seems wholly unintentional that Dark Eldar get to party bus it up when no one else can mix subfactions in transports. But all these things are in the game.  

The fluff of push is that they're extra zealous and are motivated to move towards victory. That can mean anything lol. Like they'd think to carefully and precisely body block, or spread out an aura or wrap units in combat. But not get in a car.

It's specifically a surge towards the enemy or the objective, spurred on by their hate and religious fervour; whataboutism aside, that makes sense, while zealously boarding the bus doesn't so much.

It's a special rule selected to fit the unique theme of the army; if it was just about common sense behaviour, then it would be a universal rule.

I mean, all this stuff is still personal interpretation to some degree, so you're welcome to see it however you like of course.

Just glad Uphold has been clarified.

I'm mostly affected by the limitations to the Emperor's Champion in regards to Crusade Relics. Shame, as there are some cool builds out there and not all Crusade Relics are armour or weapons.

Don't feel any surprised when devout push FAQ'ed. But it is much earlier than I expected.

There haven't been any player tried this fire-and-fade trick in big events. So it can't be said "broken" or "not broken", but very different from intended design.

fire and fade ist still a thing. Just not into vehicles but behind walls.