Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

pawl's ultimate guide to cheap Warhammer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

pawl

pawl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
  • Faction: Heralds of Retribution (DA)
The title is a little hyperbolic, but I wrote a thing! 😁

I'm going to link rather than repost, but when you see it I hope you'll understand why!

pawl's ultimate guide to cheap Warhammer
  • Tiger9gamer likes this

Tiger9gamer

Tiger9gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts
  • Faction: 413th Lucius Expedition force

Just the advice I needed! Thanks!

• pawl likes this

"There is an art to dying, but it is a dying art."

-Corvus Corax

"War is the science of destruction."

-John Abbott

techsoldaten

techsoldaten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 892 posts

Oh, my. Good article.

Would add sections about purchasing armies instead of individual units, trading with people you know, and splitting boxed sets.

Knowing people in your community might be the best way to save on models. At various times, people I've known have been willing to sell armies cheap because they want to get out of the hobby or need money to deal with a real life crisis. It pays to trade contact info at random pick up games, I've gotten calls out of the blue from people I hadn't spoken to in years willing to take any offer.

The thing about buying armies: you get used models, but you're paying 20% - 30% of retail for taking the lot. Assuming you can use all of it, that's the biggest discount you can get.

pawl

pawl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
Thanks tech! 😁
I realised this morning that I hadn't thought about splitting boxes, but you've given me even more to add, thanks! 😅

Lord_Ikka

Lord_Ikka

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 800 posts
  • Faction: More than I should...

Stocking up on bits is worth it as well- sometimes eBay bits lots can get you whole models and lots of useful stuff for converting. As long as you stay firm and don't over-bid, you can wind up with a lot of bits that can personalize your army. 

I managed to make an entire DA army pretty much from bits buys- it took longer than just buying full sprues, but I spent about a third of retail price and have some unique models that I would never have got otherwise.

Edited by Lord_Ikka, 26 November 2021 - 10:04 AM.

tn_gallery_48988_16821_3192.pnggallery_48988_15094_8581.pngtn_gallery_48988_15094_11499.pngtn_gallery_48988_15094_8223.png

pawl

pawl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
You managed to win mixed bits without paying a fortune? Good work! Having seen the figures they reach I've considered quitting my job and reselling boxes in bits! 😂

I have a couple of additions to make tonight though 🙂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users