The twice dead king

NemesorSobekta

if you've read this, do yopu think Oltyx ahould be a character necron and his dynasty get some special rules?

I haven't read it yet, but I still think he should. More options is never a bad thing and I like seeing things from the wider lore of the setting brought in to the game.

Maybe the dynasty should get a set of traits, but Oltyx himself is just the Indomidus Overlord w/scthye and tachyon arrow. He doesn't really have anything special, modeling-wise, to distinguish him from other Overlords. The submind-scarab thing could be really interesting though.

I don't know what Oltyx would bring to the tabletop that we don't already have. Maybe if he had different rules to reflect the different sub minds, and you chose which one or two to activate each turn.

Unnas would be an awesome choice to get a model though. A Flayed One King that has a lot of synergies with Flayed Ones would be a great addition. As far as the dynasty goes, we might need to wait for the second book to know if there even is a dynasty left anymore.

I think Oltyx and the Ithakas Dymasty would be excellent material for a White Dwarf supplement. Nothing super special, but nothing any different from what minor Astartes chapters got

Oltyx’ subminds would be a great mechanic for a special character. Such an iconic part of the book that they should be represented

Edited by sitnam