I dun a fing! Go listen ya zoggin gitz!

A Vox in the Void

Good evening everyone! I have recently uploaded two new videos in my series of famous Warhammer 40k battle speeches. The one linked below is my take on Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka

Hope you have a listen my friends!

A Vox in the Void

Edited by A Vox in the Void

I listened to Grimaldus's speech at Helsreach before this one, and I say to you, THIS Thraka speech is the triumph imho.

Let's start with this fing what you done.  Sir Terry Pratchett once pointed out that, although history and poets write epic war speeches of great passion and such eloquence as "once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." the great warlords rallying his troops before breakfast were probably more along the lines of "ALRIGHT LADS, DEY'Z COME INTO OUR TURF TO TAKE OUR STUFF, SO WE'Z GO INTO DERE HOMEZ AND TAKE OVER, FOLLOW ME I WILL TAKE YOUZ TO ALL DERE STUFF!"  Your fing with what you done with Thraka is the universal and immortal "Take Their Stuff" speech.

My personal favourite thing was the callout to Commissar Yarrick.  It had the whole feel of this MMA promotion like you're calling out Conor McGregor for the money fight, as you're showing a little respect but not too much because you're riling him up, yet not insulting him too much either because you want him to agree to that fight for red banner night.  It's like a manifestation of that Ork mentality, win or lose, I want that fight to happen.

After thinking about this after listening to both your recent uploads (I'm already a subscriber), I honestly feel these intercepted voxes from xenos would be where I would explore, were I in your place and had your talents.  There's a lot of material from human perspective, most of the existing content is from human-driven narrative...as well as the tradition of most media, whether it be from books, TV, film...tend to be by humans for humans, which makes sense.  The trade-off is, I already know how Grimaldus sounds in my head.

However, there's still plenty of xenos content left untapped.  I'm just reading a Necron novel, The Infinite and the Divine, where there's a whole Necron court case, which I found both more intriguing yet way funnier than Imperium stuff (the one exception was in Gate of Bones when that Custodes cut up his cape and plopped it over a Guardsman's head like a poncho, that was the funniest, warmest, sweetest thing I've ever seen in the grim darkness).

I'm under no illusion: Space Marine voxes WILL get the most clicks.  People will gravitate to their factions and I bet Ultramarine and Blood Angel and Space Wolf and Dark Angel players will check out Grimaldus, just to imagine how their own Chaplains would sound, or other reasons.  But mix in some xenos stuff; people may come for the Space Marine stuff, so keep on working on those, but they'll stay for the xenos stuff, because they don't get to hear a lot of it.

Just my 2 crowns, not that serious.  But just to show where I'm at, this Thraka speech is the one I'm sharing with my friends who don't play Warhammer.

Edited by N1SB

Haha, 'red banner night', I like your style sir. First of all let me thank you for being a subscriber. That is awesome to read. Secondly I can't actually believe the thought and effort you put into that response. Very humbling. I'm definitely trying to find more xenos pieces to concentrate on next, if you know of any specific texts you think you would fit please let me know!

Vox

• 4 weeks later...