McFarlane Battle Sister hair help?

Evil Eye

I've been working on painting up my McFarlane AP Battle Sister, and it's coming along well. Recently I started painting the head (a resin upgrade from ToyMarineMaker on eBay) and here's what I've got so far.

lWMetPF.jpg

Now I want to give her blonde hair, but I have a dilemma on my hands; should I paint the hair "normally", or should I try using some metal medium or something similar to give a very slight metallic sheen to the hair, trying to recreate real blonde hair? It might look great, but I'm also worried it might end up looking like her hair is actually made of brass. Obviously at this scale (roughly 1/12) that would be less of a risk, but even so I just don't quite know.

If you do end up doing the metallic colors, I would keep them painted as only single, individual threads in the hair - something to spice up the hair, make it shine like some hairs can (but not all hairs on someone’s head will).  I definitely wouldn’t do all the hair with metallics, use it to pick out high spots on a few strands, etc.

Just don’t do the yellow blond hair thing.  :smile.: