Martial Ka'tah

I was at first very underwhelmed by these rules teased but I think it would be good to discuss what we know and how to potentially use them with each new iteration of rules we get teased etc.

Plus it's fun.

So thinking of Calistus as the main opportunity for Custodes, being able to advance first turn to get up the table quickly could be a great opportunity. Stance 2 can be used to help get a charge off potentially, as we can advance and charge because we count as stationary.

This is good for infantry but just imagine with Jetbikes zooming across the table first turn at 20" then charging! That us nasty.

Our champion getting extra attacks against a hordewoth Dacatarai is funny too. Limiting pile in moves can be painful but that's a little harder to pull off.

Remains to be seen what the others are but the 3rd to me seems a little weak and niche.

Rerolls are powerful and all, but a powerful unit that makes its hit rolls on a 3+ anyway is still going to hurt. Still the Blade Champion can use Kaptaris and his Comsumate Swordsman ability to be hard to even nail down. Just hard to pull off at the right time.

Stance 2 can be used to help get a charge off potentially, as we can advance and charge because we count as stationary.

We count as stationary in the shooting phase. So no advancing and charging.

That's disappointing. :(