Eilio Tiberius's 3rd Company + Ravenwing & Deathwing support

Helias_Tancred

I've been focusing on my Blood Angels of late, but after finishing their Bladeguard Veteran squad, I was real curious what my Dark Angel ones would look like. So here is the Sergeant. His latest version is with the checkered band on his hood. At some point I'll be swinging back to my Dark Angels for a bit and getting some of them painted.

med_gallery_81299_17234_223251.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17234_199682.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17234_137149.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17234_78979.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17234_262119.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17234_216320.jpg

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

• 2 weeks later...

Well ... I need a break from painting my Blood Angels, so I'm painting my Dark Angels, so I will be posting some more pics up here soon. Right now I'm working on metal Azrael and he is a pain! lol if it was the 90s and all of my collection was metal and old sculpts I'd give up the hobby and take up competitive checkers! We really have it good with the new sculpts and stuff!

Azrael & Watcher in the Dark.

Probably one of the more difficult miniatures I've painted. My parchment paper was floating in my wet palette and it was still hard to get a thinned down look. lol. Overall I did my best, I'm happy with the results except for the letters on the banner. After the third try I said heck with it lol.

I went with gold swords, and I couldn't stand the blue under robe ;) He will get a lot of table time.

med_gallery_81299_17198_69201.jpg med_gallery_81299_17198_49317.jpg med_gallery_81299_17198_534411.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17198_672004.jpg

Probably one of the more difficult miniatures I've painted. My parchment paper was floating in my wet palette and it was still hard to get a thinned down look. lol. Overall I did my best, I'm happy with the results except for the letters on the banner. After the third try I said heck with it lol.

I went with gold swords, and I couldn't stand the blue under robe :wink: He will get a lot of table time.

He is impressive! I found that writing on scrolls/banners/purity seals, works better with fine tipped pens rather than trying to actually write it with a brush :devil:

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Brother Immolator

I went with gold swords, and I couldn't stand the blue under robe :wink: He will get a lot of table time.

He is impressive! I found that writing on scrolls/banners/purity seals, works better with fine tipped pens rather than trying to actually write it with a brush :devil:

Merry Christmas!

Yeah I had some older Micron pens but two, the black felt ones, had blown up and were leaking ink, and the third was a brown that didn't look right lol. Merry Christmas too!

Thanks. I have a love/hate relationship with how GW does Dark Angel green armor. I prefer Dark Angel battle & reserve company armor to be .... dark green. But adding warp stone glow and especially moot green for the edging and highlights counters that. Its very easy to go too far especially with the latter color. So I've been working on a dark green armor scheme that I like, and I think I've got it? I base in Caliban Green, then I add a liberal amount of Nuln Oil all over the model which makes the Caliban Green even darker. Then I go back and "block in" a second layer of Caliban Green leaving the dark cracks and edges intact. Depending on your opinion, you could leave it at that if you like true dark look? It definitely looks shaded with dark recesses and crevices, it has a complete look.  I went one step further and added a modest edge highlight of warp stone glow. And I think thats what I'm going to go with?

I'll post a picture of a Dark Angel with just the Caliban Green-Nuln Oil-Caliban Green approach.

I like mine darker, so I just do the warpstone glow highlight and then corner highlights with moot green, instead of everywhere.

I agree with you on that, the moot green I think is a bit too much.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Thanks. I have a love/hate relationship with how GW does Dark Angel green armor. I prefer Dark Angel battle & reserve company armor to be .... dark green. But adding warp stone glow and especially moot green for the edging and highlights counters that. Its very easy to go too far especially with the latter color. So I've been working on a dark green armor scheme that I like, and I think I've got it? I base in Caliban Green, then I add a liberal amount of Nuln Oil all over the model which makes the Caliban Green even darker. Then I go back and "block in" a second layer of Caliban Green leaving the dark cracks and edges intact. Depending on your opinion, you could leave it at that if you like true dark look? It definitely looks shaded with dark recesses and crevices, it has a complete look. I went one step further and added a modest edge highlight of warp stone glow. And I think thats what I'm going to go with?

I'll post a picture of a Dark Angel with just the Caliban Green-Nuln Oil-Caliban Green approach.

That's exactly my recipe too, great minds think alike.

Thanks. I have a love/hate relationship with how GW does Dark Angel green armor. I prefer Dark Angel battle & reserve company armor to be .... dark green. But adding warp stone glow and especially moot green for the edging and highlights counters that. Its very easy to go too far especially with the latter color. So I've been working on a dark green armor scheme that I like, and I think I've got it? I base in Caliban Green, then I add a liberal amount of Nuln Oil all over the model which makes the Caliban Green even darker. Then I go back and "block in" a second layer of Caliban Green leaving the dark cracks and edges intact. Depending on your opinion, you could leave it at that if you like true dark look? It definitely looks shaded with dark recesses and crevices, it has a complete look. I went one step further and added a modest edge highlight of warp stone glow. And I think thats what I'm going to go with?

That's exactly my recipe too, great minds think alike.

Thank you for that compliment. :) ... on my characters I may use some moot green, or a little more warpstone glow like how my Azrael turned out ... but thats it. The rest of the battle company guys get a more darker look ... and tbh my next character is going to get experimented on using less of each highlight. When I look at the pics of the green armor models in our codex supplement I sorta gag. lol.