Eilio Tiberius's 3rd Company + Ravenwing & Deathwing support

Helias_Tancred

I'm going to use your green armor recipe, it looks great and just what I imagine when the fluff talks about repainting the armor the green of Caliban's seas. Your Bladeguard in Deathwing colors look great too, I've always had a bit of trouble getting the bone to look just right.

When you have time would you post some more complete painting instructions, I've been on a break since the company vets came out and I kit bashed them into a battle company and I think I'm going to start again with the Primaris models, especially if they start releasing more with robes. Between a friend sending me some memes and your Primaris, I'd say I'm back in the hobby now... time to figure out the new rules and builds!

I'm going to use your green armor recipe, it looks great and just what I imagine when the fluff talks about repainting the armor the green of Caliban's seas. Your Bladeguard in Deathwing colors look great too, I've always had a bit of trouble getting the bone to look just right.

When you have time would you post some more complete painting instructions, I've been on a break since the company vets came out and I kit bashed them into a battle company and I think I'm going to start again with the Primaris models, especially if they start releasing more with robes. Between a friend sending me some memes and your Primaris, I'd say I'm back in the hobby now... time to figure out the new rules and builds!

Hey thanks! Here's the recipe:

1.They start off primed in Caliban Green.

2. I then use a liberal coating of Nuln Oil, all over the green armor. 

3. I go back and "block in" the armor sections using Caliban Green leaving the edges, and cracks dark.

4. Lastly is a modest edge highlight of Warpstone hitting the higher edges and spots where the light hits, keeping it to lines. 

5. For the eye lenses I use Vallejo white, then I cover them with the old Bloodletter glaze.

6. The chest aquila is Ushabti Bone, then Seraphim Sepia shade, then edge highlighting of Ushabti Bone. 

7. For my reds I go Mephiston Red, then a shade of either Agrax or Carrogsburg depending on my mood lol, then an edge highlight of Evil Sunz. If the Mephiston Red is too dark from the  shade then I make a Mephiston Red glaze and go over the shaded Mephiston Red. Then if there's any bolts or corners I do a small dot of Wild Rider Red.

Thanks a ton! How did you get the bone on your Bladeguard? In the past I've used bleached bone, or done white and 'dirtied' them up with drybrushing, but you got a really smooth and clean look and I'm interested in that too. Not only are all the new Primaris confusing me, but of course they had to change all the paints...

Thanks a ton! How did you get the bone on your Bladeguard? In the past I've used bleached bone, or done white and 'dirtied' them up with drybrushing, but you got a really smooth and clean look and I'm interested in that too. Not only are all the new Primaris confusing me, but of course they had to change all the paints...

They were based in Zandri Dust. I shaded with Agrax. Then I went back and "blocked in" Screaming Skull. FYI my leather holsters and pouches are Rhinox Hide, either Agrax or Nuln shade doesn't matter, then an edge highlight of Gorthor Brown. Hood, Tabard, and chest winged skull are Caliban Green, Nuln Oil, and then an edge highlight of Warpstone Glow. My golds are Retributor Gold, Reikland Fleshshade, and then a layer of Liberator Gold.

I'm still trying to figure out the bone recipe I want to use with my Deathwing Terminators?

Hey Zopher this is what they should look like after you go back and "block in" a second coat of Caliban Green.

gallery_81299_17263_224642.jpg

I understand that, I always had problems with the old bleached bone clumping on me and not thinning well.

I'm thinking of trying the simply spray of Wraithbone followed by heavy Seraphim Sepia shading? I figured I could always do a light dry brush of wraith bone over that if I felt it was too sepia'd looking? I'm just looking for a fairly quick and simple method for Deathwing.

Deathwing terminators I meant.

My painting has slowed down with the NFL playoff weekends :) ... that being said Go Bengals! ...I finished my first Deathwing terminator, and I'm happy with how he turned out. The only questionable part was the dry brushing of his armor. I'm not sure I'm going to go with that technique for the rest of them? I prefer how they look with the standard layer paint technique. My only problem is I have 10 that I dry brushed their armor a few months back lol.

med_gallery_81299_17263_563030.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17263_488394.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17263_562881.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17263_272138.jpg

med_gallery_81299_17263_410182.jpg

In hindsight, I'm sticking with dry brushing my Deathwing terminators. 

It was a big fat no-go when I attempted to layer paint and block in armor sections. Using Ushabti over Zandri Dust base coatings that have been hit liberally with Seraphim Sepia required around 3 coats. Ummm no. 

I'm happy with the dry brushing method at this point over the 30+ terminators I sprayed and shaded a number of months ago. If I had to do over again I would try spraying them in Wraithbone, hitting them with Seraphim Sepia all over, then dry brushing Wraithbone over it.

Working on the squad Sarge now.