Titanicus Blunderdome - Worst Titanicus Lists

Hi folks, 

I originally put this the TIAT thread, but it was suggested I split it out.

I was looking on Goonhammer and saw their Blunderdome write up for 40k and thought it would be an interesting thought experiment to see how it would apply to Titanicus. The premise is you try to write the worst possible army list, swap it with your opponent and you get points if the list you designed loses and if you win with the list you’ve been given.

As some rough ground rules for this little thought experiment, you have to take a legal maniple, you have to spend 1500 exactly, you can’t take equipment which does nothing and you can only spend up to 10% of a Titan’s base cost on equipment, so a Reaver can take up to 25 points of equipment. This stops people taking three Warhounds and stacking on as much gear as possible.

If people actually take part, we can vote on which is the worst list.

I see your maniple of doom there... and raise you:

Blunderdome (Adeptus Titanicus 2018)

[1,500 Points] Battlegroup (Battlegroup)

Maniple Extergimus Battleline Maniple

Titan Legion Selections: Legio Mordaxis (Deathdealers)

Warlord Titan Selections:  Arioch Titan Power Claw, Arioch Titan Power Claw, Null Emitter, Paired Laser Blaster

Warlord Titan Selections:  Arioch Titan Power Claw, Arioch Titan Power Claw, Null Emitter, Paired Laser Blaster

Warlord Titan Selections:  Arioch Titan Power Claw, Arioch Titan Power Claw, Paired Turbo Laser Destructor, Spark of Vengeance

Allegiance Loyalist

good luck killing ANYTHING with that, Mordaxis can't push for movement so you'll never get to your opponent!

Hmmm

I don’t have the points in front of me, but I was thinking something along these lines:

Corsair Maniple

5x Reavers with volkite eradicator, dual powerfist

Legio: anything with no buffs to movement, so Mordaxis sounds great.

I like it because the shield stripping is particularly pointless when you have to get within shields to finish off. It’s not that dual close combat reavers are terrible, but with only those weapons I just think they’ll have to form a bit of a queue to get stuck into the owe Warlords.

If the Warlords have volcano, they may have to sacrifice one in the hope of taking out reavers and blocking progress to the rest, but if they have power fists, no problem, I’m walking up to be punched.

Great to see some replies here. I suspect the melee lists will be very dependent on the deployment type. Spearhead will see them murdering all in their path.

I had a particularly evil thought about Legio Vulpa and their Shikarian Conduits, though I’m not 100% on the RAI. Currently it is not clear if the Titan always suffers the -2 to BS or if it’s only when it pushes for movement. If it’s the former, that’s a no brainer to add to my list. I’ll also swap one of the Reaver meltas for a volcano cannon. Ideally I’d swap both, but then I can’t spend the last points without going over the 10% threshold for equipment per Titan.

Dallo

So that would be a minimum Lupercal with four support Titans for added cruelty, plus 100 points of equipment between them. If you use squadrons and hit side or rear armour, you might actually do some hits and shut down some Titans.

Might not be the worst? Though if you’re in range to shock lance, those melee Titans won’t be too far.

Dallo

So that would be a minimum Lupercal with four support Titans for added cruelty, plus 100 points of equipment between them. If you use squadrons and hit side or rear armour, you might actually do some hits and shut down some Titans.

Might not be the worst? Though if you’re in range to shock lance, those melee Titans won’t be too far.

Dallo

I mean, if you deliberately want to give it a fighting chance instead of just filling the points with more impotent Hounds that are physically incapable of hurting things. Then this would be just bad instead of useless, sure.

Not quite sure I understand your last comment Sherrypie.

The plan is you make the worst list you can, then it gets given to an opponent (who tries to win with it). So they will probably squadron to have a chance of damaging something.

Seven hounds are the most you can fit into 1500 points. As you can only put 18 points of equipment onto each hound (10% of base chassis cost) and you have to get to exactly 1500 points, I don’t think you can do six and follow the rules.

Or I may have completely misunderstood your comment?

Dallo

Ah, I actually misunderstood yours, Dallo. Yes, a minimum maniple with a swathe of support titans armed with silly stick launchers would indeed be the worst of that setup.

While squadroning and sneaky flanking tactics would be the obvious play when handed that list, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in general as far as your offence is concerned: not enough Dice, not enough Str. You wouldn't really be hurting things as much as annoying them while playing to the mission, which you'd hope to be about area control where you can just run rings and try to survive. Granted, if you're against the triple double-fister Warlords, isn't going to be much trouble :D

Actually I think the shock lance list has the potential to beat people - though obviously not easily. It would lose spectacularly to the dual-fist Warlords, for example. But in a contest of making the worst possible list I think they'd have a slight chance. Getting shut down is extremely bad news, after all, and they do have smash attacks, with which they could eventually take things down. Or of course they might just overheat and explode, since draining is among the awful features of the shock lance.

Instead I'd possibly go for dual volkite warhounds. They'd be useless against knights. Against titans they'd strip shields reasonably well but then be unable to seriously damage anything.