Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine 2 trailer analysis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vorenus

Vorenus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts

I haven't seen a thread yet discussing the new Space Marine 2 trailer.  I'm not an expert on Ultramarines lore, so I have some questions that I am hoping folks can help answer:

1.  Is Titus wearing Mark X armor now?  The helmet looks to me like Mark X armor.  

2.  If he is wearing Mark X armor, does that mean he is now a Primaris Space Marine?

3.  What is the significance of the chains on his right arm?  I thought chains were typically a Black Templars thing (also, Khârn and other World Eaters, but that's clearly irrelevant).

4.  What is the significance of the red and white stripes on his helmet?

5.  He used to have two long-service studs, and now he has four.  I can't make out the colors so I can't tell if they are gold or silver.  Does anyone know how many years have passed between Space Marine 1 and 2 based on the number and color of the service studs?  

Feel free to add any other questions or insights as you discuss.  Thanks!

• Commissar Molotov likes this

"I was told there would be cake.  The cake is a lie."  --Sten, DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS

"More corpses."  --Avitus, DAWN OF WAR II

lansalt

lansalt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts

1.  Yes.

2.  Yes, there's a surgical procedure called The Rubicon Primaris to upgrade an older marine to primaris

3.  At the end of the first game he leaves with some BT, so maybe he spent time with them and adopted that custom.

4.  HIs rank: Lieutenant. Is a demotion over Captain, so something must have happened.

5.  They're gold, IIRC for UM it means 100 years each.

"Infinite power cannot be overcome. We are finite, limited by law. So, deception. You will cheat them. You will cheat all of them. And us."

Vorenus

Vorenus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts

Thank you, very helpful!  It also looks like he has an Inquisition insignia attached to the chain on his right gauntlet, for what it's worth.

"I was told there would be cake.  The cake is a lie."  --Sten, DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS

"More corpses."  --Avitus, DAWN OF WAR II

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 365 posts

Game shows jump packs for Mark X armor!

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,422 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

That was amazing and I hope for a worthy successor to the original. They seem to know what they're doing judging from the trailer. Violet eyes on Cadians! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users