Declare your Shield Host (what colour did you choose?)

Hey all.

Just curious what Shield Hosts people like to use for their Custodes. Not just gaming but the style of play, theme and artistic preference of your collection too. Anything you want to talk about!

Obviously the competitive gamers here may wait to see what comes from the Codex and that's cool too, but what have you taken historically?

Personally, I enjoy the fluff of Shadow Keepers. The Dark Age of Technology and Age of Strife have plenty of scope to fire the imagination and the idea of a Shield Host operating to the Emperor's plans to protect the galaxy even in the 41st millennium against the unimaginable horrors that make even Chaos blush, well that's just cool.

Please provide pics if you can! I'm still working out how to but would love to see what everyone else has.

Oh, let's talk army theme too! Do you go Grav tank heavy or Dreads, do you use much FW at all?

Edited by Captain Idaho

Personally, Dread Host have my love !!!

The Host background is really...poetic :)

They slain all Emeperor ennemies, they strike them on Heart with all weapons...they strike them on mind...nobody survive to the Dread Host.

I paint m'y minibon gold, black and purple. With bases on Dark Green marble.

"I see your mind "

img_2472.jpg

"We strike your Heart"

https://servimg.com/view/13172953/2193]img_2480.jpg

Edited by Galthan Ironsturm

Shadowkeepers here!

I mainly got into them because I love their colour scheme, as their black armour helps the red and gold to stand out.

bajYHlm.jpg

The converted Venatari in the background are somewhat modelled for disadvantage with their huge wings, but they look amazing on the gaming table.

LPJKY9d.jpg

Army-wise, I'm quite heavy on infantry and bikes, with only few vehicles sprinkled in. I'm also running quite a bit of FW, to give me more options and some interesting units to paint. This Contemptor Achillus was an absolute delight to build!

KsZpBay.jpg

I like the dread host because of the teleport strat and I like the idea of mass terminators coming down in sparkling light.

I haven't kept to the scheme though, I'm painting my first one in an NMMish off white, a bit like the colour on deathwing knights. Still deciding whether to do the metallics all in NMM.

See if this here works:

gallery_15977_17240_554052.jpg

I've done a better job with my next models but I'll get them up soon as the unit is complete.

Shadow Keepers are my choice. I fancy going heavy on Dreadnoughts and maybe even Sisters for theme. Feels like the kind of gaolers who'd be down there guarding Emperor knows what.

Edited by Captain Idaho