[OW/X - Tau]: Operation Fireknife (OOC & Discussion)

Mazer Rackham

The dropship flight would have been a standard, rapid approach to the landing site, which is the only one with a bit of bedrock close enough to the crash.

If you want to dive out early, not a problem, just write your narrative and I'll backfill.

It will be a hazardous drop though, since you know, sand and turbulence...

I've updated my recent post with some numbers for you Tro.

@ Beren, I do believe you are suspicious.  I assure you, in the name of the Tau'Va, it's all fine...

@ MG, oh you just had to didn't you!  Nicely done.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@ Beren, I do believe you are suspicious.  I assure you, in the name of the Tau'Va, it's all fine...

@MR - I don't know what you mean:cool.: :wink: :yes: :whistling:

@Beren - So you shoot the lizards with poisoned arrows and then you eat them?

Tro, I'll update my last post with some options for Monat, since she's Junior Birdman-ning she will have a decent view.

And done.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372817-owx-tau-operation-fireknife-ic-thread/?p=5789305

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@MR - I don't know what you meanB) ;) :yes: :whistling:

@Beren - So you shoot the lizards with poisoned arrows and then you eat them?

Given that the Kroot eat most things they kill, I'd imagine they o ly use toxins which they can tolerate.

Monat:

Your quick eyes and powerful sensors pick up the following:

• To the north in the mountains, a flash of sunlight on steel, or maybe glass
  • To the west, in the swirling mist and sand, 12 Tor'Kan from your landing spot, is a small, walled town
  • To the east, there seems to be an animal herd wandering the desert in column.  Flags and silks announce it some kind of nomadic tribe.  They are several Decs from intercepting any kind of tracking expedition heading into the mountains.

So some people to the right, lots of people behind walls on the left and maybe some people ahead of us, charming.

I know several players haven’t posted in a while and real life can keep people busy, so apologies if I am pushing this forward a little too much with Monats progression, I can edit to slow her down if needed. I just feel we might be stalling out a little over what I assume is a simple opening chapter to get the story momentum going.

No that's fine.  I intended to push things onward, but I'm quite busy professionally and personally, so my eye has slipped off the ball a bit for which I apologise.

I'll update again shortly and move us all on, the others can catch up to the regular posters.

I know several players haven’t posted in a while and real life can keep people busy, so apologies if I am pushing this forward a little too much with Monats progression, I can edit to slow her down if needed. I just feel we might be stalling out a little over what I assume is a simple opening chapter to get the story momentum going.

@Trokair - Maybe if the Scout in her fancy stealth-suit going off all 'Go-Go Gadget Jet Pack' actually reported back a bit, it would be nice.

OOC we know what you have found out. But IC we haven't heard from you apart your last squawk.