Cursed City Conversions are back on the table!

Okay, I know it's a 40k forum, but I can't tell you how excited I am that we're getting a second run at Cursed City.

I've wanted Jessen Darrock as a model for Greyfax's retinue since I saw him. And Glaurio Ven Alten was made to accompany Janus Drake. Both of these models are pretty much ready to use in 40k as is- they do have guns. 

There are a ton of other models in the box I could put to 40k use. I don't want to modify too heavily, because I will want to play Cursed City itself- I LOVED Blackstone Fortress, and I think the maps from Cursed City are even cooler than the ones that came with BSF. This is great news.

Indeed!

I turned Glaurio into an Admech Marshal with a Serberys Alpha gun and head. Very easy and effective. That was the only one I converted, though... and felt okay about it given I also did all the Blackstone stuff so stock Glaurio just felt like 'another Janus' more or less without Meching him up.

Glad more people will be able to get these minis! I play DnD as well so that was the main reason for getting it, but since I've been amassing Fantasy minis for that, my group will be playing AoS soon enough with a good number of cross-over proxies like DG zombies as... zombies.

Anyway - have fun with it... Blackstone was slightly better for models IMO just because the renegades were sorely needed and 40k Beastmen hit me right in the grognards... The 'heroes' sets are definitely comparable in excellence, though, and Radukar and crew were a bit more interesting than the higher-level baddies in Blackstone.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

I'm interested in it for the potential Inquisition conversions- I really wish that they would give us a general release date (quarter 2 or something), so that way I could plan my hobby purchases accordingly.

I wonder if the big guys might have some utility; I've thought about a an Ogryn themed battle where the guard shows up to claim some bodies for the war effort but some of the ogryns have ideas of their own.

Not sure these big guys would fit in that capacity- I'd have to see the models side by side.

Are they releasing the original set?

That’s what the WarCom article stated. Plus expansions will be release. 

Same as others of you, I’m looking forward to using some of the models to make inquisitors and imperial agents. That ogre could be a dynamic Ogryn with some modification. Maybe the armored warrior could be a crusader?