Tank Accessories

redmapa

Im currently repainting my Imperial Guard vehicles and I was thinking that its about time to add some more character to these vehicles, over the years I have seen a lot of really good use of tank accessories and I was wondering what are people buying when they want to add stuff like fuel drums, duffel bags, tools, etc and what scale are they? 

Zinge industries do a nice upgrade sprue for the taurox (along with wheel conversions) that also works for other IG tanks.

S-TAU02_B_1024x1024.png?v=1476112772

Blood and skulls have various engine & fuel tank replacements compatible with e.g. the leman russ, along with alt tracks, weapons, turrets and sponsons if you want to customise the tanks further.

s-l1600.jpg

Depending upon regiment, some camo netting can add a bit of character e.g.

394191-Catachan%2C%20Orkmower%2C%20Storm

You can use cheesecloth or coarse gauze, or buy pre-made.

For pulling from standard tank kits, 40k tanks are a bit of a weird scale, being a bit smaller than 1/35 for hatches and guns but 1/48 for size, though still rather tall and fat. 1/35 scale is about right for accessories such as these, though the tanks themselves would be far too big.

The traditional historical model companies often offer accessory kits for their WWII-era vehicles - it might be worth looking at their 1/35 and/or 1/48 scale range?

For example, Tamiya do a pack of fuel drums & jerry cans (actually two), and Italeri do a set of jerry cans. Tamiya do a set of assorted packs and rolls, and a mixed set of packs, rolls, and fuel cans.

There again, I've also seen people make tarp rolls from tissue paper and PVA (to harden the tissue paper) ...

Edited by Firedrake Cordova