=] The Boxing Day Bash 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

gallery_48988_6285_311440.png

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword's 7th Annual Boxing Day Bash, the premise is simple; Build, Paint, and Base 1 (or more) model/s in 24hrs.

The Rules are as follows;

• Build, paint, and base one (or more) models.
  • 24hr limit, determined by the time of Participants "Vow" post. Everybody gets 24hrs starting at any time on THEIR local Boxing Day.
  • "Completion" standard set by Participant.
  • Each Vow made for the Participants sub/forum of choice.
  • Each completion earns one point for building the model/s, two points for building AND painting the model/s, and a total of three points for building AND painting, AND basing their model/s within the 24hr time period.
  • A fourth point will be awarded for multiple models completed within the 24hrs time period.
  • Two pictures are required, one picture of the bitz or sprue, and one of the completed model/s.
  • Primed bitz/sprue will be accepted.
  • Individual points can be earned for completing any one of the three criteria.
  • Sub-assemblies will be accepted for larger models.

Please post your vows here, in this thread with the following format,

I, {insert your name}, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base {insert unit/s here} for the honour of the {insert your sub-forum} within the 24hrs time limit.

You can signify your participation by adding one of the following badges to your signature if you so desire,

sml_gallery_48988_11572_6096.png

There will be other badges awarded at the conclusion of the event.

Have fun, lets see some cool models.

While Boxing Day is still many hours away here and I won’t be vowing until the morning I do wish everybody luck and fun in taking part.

I had planned to do a mini diorama, but unfortunately a major component for the basing that a friend was going to 3d print decided that it was going to fail. So I guess I will be just doing the building and painting, which is still a tall order.

Edit: Should this thread be in the Forge?

Edited by Trokair

Its Boxing Day here in Australia but I am about to head out for the usual extended family gathering that takes up most of the day.  I will vow when I get back so that I actually have a reasonable amount of time to get this sorted.

Figured after a six month absence from the forum this might be a good way to return.

I, Trokair, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint A Thunderhawk for the honour of the Play by Post subsection (of the Roleplaying Games section) here on the B&C within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_29932_13153_34639.jpg

Apologies for the glare, the shrink-wrap is still on. I have been saving this for today and I knew that if I opened the box, even just to look at it then it would get built.

I had meant to do a base/diorama with a landing platform and similar, but the platform failed to print, so I will have to leave that to another time or try and source a different landing platform (or attempt a scratch build).

I also have no idea on colour scheme yet, so suggestions would be welcome.

I, Trokair, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build and Paint A Thunderhawk for the honour of the Play by Post subsection (of the Roleplaying Games section) here on the B&C within the 24hrs time limit.

gallery_29932_13153_34639.jpg

Apologies for the glare, the shrink-wrap is still on. I have been saving this for today and I knew that if I opened the box, even just to look at it then it would get built.

I had meant to do a base/diorama with a landing platform and similar, but the platform failed to print, so I will have to leave that to another time or try and source a different landing platform (or attempt a scratch build).

I also have no idea on colour scheme yet, so suggestions would be welcome.

Templars!!! Space Wolves will also be acceptable. :D

I, Arkhanist, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base Taddeus the Purifier for the honour of the uhh, Other Games subforum within the 24hrs time limit.

m1KhFTQ.jpg

My hobby stuff all got boxed up 6 months ago in preparation for my move, which then got delayed due to Nurgle's gift to the world, so we only actually moved a month ago, with most of the boxes still in the garage since family expecting places to sleep etc taking priority. I spent what free time I've had today unboxing enough hobby supplies that I should be able to assemble and paint a mini now! I'm still missing my nice clippers and my good paintbrushes though, so it should be an interesting challenge.

At least I have a little corner study to myself now, instead of sharing the living room, so happy days! And it's still technically Boxing Day UK time. Just.

g9XgB0e.jpg

If I might be permitted a cheeky two vows to accept the Boxing Day Bash challenge...

Firstly, I vow to build and maybe lightly convert my Indomitus Eradicators, for the glory of the Liber.

IMG_2743.jpg?width=503&height=670

Secondly, the chap on the left here needs some basing, and weather permitting, tomorrow, the chap on the right needs a brand new coat of paint, vowed for the glory of the Necrontyr.

IMG_2744.jpg?width=894&height=670

(Nothing new or terribly exciting for Sanguinala, sadly, but I'm still working on Szarekh from last year so probably for the best :sweat: )

So it might be the end of the year, and the end of a 6 month hiatus but certainly not an end to my bad photography skills:

gallery_36568_17249_8782.jpg

Close to the wire but done. Will get some better pics up soon. When I start me new WIP thread for 2022. Hopefully not another year of broken promises and broken will.

Well, this is as far as I could get within the time limit; some parts are still drying, such as the windows. There are so many little details it is ridiculous. It was a nicer build then painting experience, possibly on account of the time limited, I was rushing all morning. I think due to the less than ideal conditions the undercoat developed a hydrophobic quality on some parts, so I had to do four or five thin coats in some places to get decent coverage. In retrospect I possibly should have just contrast the entire thing and then pick out some details afterwards, oh well.

gallery_29932_13153_66881.jpg

gallery_29932_13153_37057.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg?width=894&height=670

You will wear a helmet in this combat zone, sergeant!

Vow 1 done, complete with headswap for the Sgt. and drilled barrels all around!

Vow 2 has been primed and will be done as family permits.