Word Bearer themed Master of Possession?

Akylas

Hello all,

One of my goals for the new year is to finally make the Word Bearers army I've been wanting since I first played Dark Crusade. I'm thinking of leaning heavily into daemon units like possessed, warp talons and daemon engines. I'm guessing I'll want a Master of Possession at some point. Has anyone converted or kitbashed one for the word bearers? I'm wondering if I should try to make one that looks more like he belongs to the legion, or just buy one, paint it red and call it a day.

I converted one from the rider of the Lord Discordant with parts from the official model and elsewhere. I think it reads as additionally Word Bearers it took a fair amount of fiddling to get it to work because of the peculiar pose of the rider's original legs.

gallery_62155_11151_85866.jpg

Should be more photos in my plog or on insta (links in sig)

IMO the master of possession fits in perfectly with everything it means to be a Word Bearer. Of course this is subjective, and I don't think it should necessarily influence your decision (creating something special and unique is an awesome option), but what about the master of possession looks out of place to you?

Tzen has a particularly cool example of a stock MoP painted up in WB colors:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/354998-tzens-all-new-word-bearers-finished-thread/?p=5289558

Edited by Khornestar

Nothing especially wrong with the base model. I guess I was just imagining that a Word Bearers daemonologist looking different but I'm not sure how to explain it. The Master of Possession looks a lot like a regular sorceror to me.

Thanks for the suggestions. That Lord Discordant conversion looks great, Malign.

If you're not into the stock model, the FW Praetors and Thousand Sons Infernal Master are pretty decent options for a slightly smoother look. There are at least a few decent third-party options floating around as well.

I converted one from the rider of the Lord Discordant with parts from the official model and elsewhere. I think it reads as additionally Word Bearers it took a fair amount of fiddling to get it to work because of the peculiar pose of the rider's original legs.

Love the crouch on this guy. Absolutely devious fellow - as befitting of the Word Bearers!

If you're not into the stock model, the FW Praetors and Thousand Sons Infernal Master are pretty decent options for a slightly smoother look. There are at least a few decent third-party options floating around as well.

Love the crouch on this guy. Absolutely devious fellow - as befitting of the Word Bearers!

Thanks! I call him the Pastor of Possession, his body has been twisted and distorted by the foul daemonantic pacts he has forged over the millennia.