Forgefiend in a bad spot

Plague _Lord

It just feels wrong that something with lots of barrels has so few shots, especially when loyalist marines get more shots for the same number of barrels. I wouldn’t be adverse to losing a pip of damage but gaining more shots, it would give the model a different role for sure. Agreed it would probably be less powerful but it would make more sense to me

As for the points difference between the redemptor and the forgefeind, bear in mind the redemptor reduces damage by one and has excellent melee output, not to mention the access to some excellent stratagems, chapter tactics and doctrines. In my opinion it is too cheap compared to the forgefiend, (or the forgefiend is too expensive).

You do realize the FF can regenerate a wound every controlling players turn? Maybe you still prefer -1d and redemptors as a whole..

Maybe you should just play C:SM with spikes models..

The FF was not developed to be a direct counterpart to a redemptor. It plays different, it has different ways of buffing, it has different stratagems, it is part of a different army.

Having gathered new information as this edition has continued on I would have to say that it's no longer just the Forgefiend in a bad spot. Most vehicles and monsters right now are overpriced for just how quickly they will be vaporized from the board. And those that aren't overpriced are literally the meta.

Anti-tank weapons have been juiced up this edition and are only getting more powerful from what it seems.