=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

I have a Commission for some Scarab Occult TS's coming up and wanted to do a refresher for TS's blue. So I scrounged around in my boxes and dug out some old conversion's. Way, WAY back, when the GK plastics were brand-spanking-new I thought I'd have a crack at some Dornian Heresy Thousand Sons, I biult (mostly) 5 models and never touched them again......until now.

Here are the results of todays work, I did one in blue for my TS refresher, and one in Red because why not?

gallery_48988_17280_15043.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_289492.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_2920.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_176381.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

By way of a small photo update my test miniature is coming along OK.

My objective was a 'tabletop standard scheme' that can be replicated quickly as easily. I made a quite a few mistakes with this model and learnt A LOT in the process (I guess that's par the course when you've been away from painting miniatures for 20 odd years). Ideally I'd like to get the small dudes down to like 30 minutes a piece, this took me about 3 hours including drying time and messing around and figuring things out.

I'm a bit stuck on the base though... I don't know whether to go for something red/brown/dusty or cool blue, creepy... maybe even pink? I don't know. Any suggestions?

tyranid-test-scheme.png

Edited by Gribbles

By way of a small photo update my test miniature is coming along OK.

My objective was a 'tabletop standard scheme' that can be replicated quickly as easily. I made a quite a few mistakes with this model and learnt A LOT in the process (I guess that's par the course when you've been away from painting miniatures for 20 odd years). Ideally I'd like to get the small dudes down to like 30 minutes a piece, this took me about 3 hours including drying time and messing around and figuring things out.

I'm a bit stuck on the base though... I don't know whether to go for something red/brown/dusty or cool blue, creepy... maybe even pink? I don't know. Any suggestions?

Firstly, my apologies for NOT catching your vow as your 1st post here, Welcome to the B&C :tu:  and welcome back to the hobby. 

Secondly, that's a really good scheme and a horde of these on the table will look amazing. Once you start batch painting, you'll quickly find that the time per model drops substantially. 3hrs for the above model is great, and adding another 4-9 models won't add more than 30-45mins total.

Well, I think I'm going to add a Plodding Along vow to chip away at.

One Dark Angels Thunderhawk Gunship

One Legio Astorum Reaver Titan

I vow to complete these models by the end of June 2022

Edited by Danny Cyanide

I, Llagos_Tyrant, continue on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 Havoc Champion, 2 Obliterators, and 5 Terminators of the Iron Warriors, 5 Ultramarines Devastators, and 6 Necron Scarabs, by month's end.

51868366425_2dbc7d63fa.jpg

These Devastators will broken up into a few different squads after painting, in order to complete a Heavy Bolter Devastator Squad and two Tactical Squads with Multi-Meltas.

51867714661_93a614a728.jpg

Made some progress on the Terminators last month, but real life caused some major disruption to my plan to finish them in January. The Havoc Champion will be painted lose to exactly the same as another one I have currently painted - this one just has a Plasma gun because I want the squad Champion to have better than a boltgun in Crusade. I've never been fully satisfied with my Obliterators although I painted them ages ago - I really want to revisit and redo the skin on the models so it isn't just an inflamed purplish flesh.

51866748377_307a38a7ac.jpg

Hoping these will be quick and easy to hammer out. I still have 6 others on my shelf for a future vow.

So after a game and the new dex drop I need to paint up more models for agendas, so....

I, Focslain, continue on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete, 1 T'au Ethereal and 2 political operatives, by month's end.

20220206 093612

The ethereal is Etherea from WGE. The other two are some spare humans I had laying around. As I'm writing this I should have sprayed a pair of shield drones for her, I have a pack from WGE as well.

[Campaign note: The Ethereal was a free add on (well her relic) due to a win in a mission)

I, YoungWolf7 , continue on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to finish 1 12 man Boyz squad by month's end.

I forgot take a different starting pic. The decision was made to add 3 Trukks to the charity force so the big 30 man blob is being broken down into 3x 12 man squads to ride in the Trukks. the 7 shown here with paint on them were completed in January. This pledge is for 4 more Boyz and 1 Nob to lead them.
Starting pic:

Slugga-Boyz-01-Start.jpg

The big mother-of-all-plasma beat me :oops: I need to put it aside for a moment to get some perspective.
I'll try something easy and familiar plus something harder and unfamiliar instead:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 Eradicator and 1 count-as Death Cult Assassin for the glory of the Angel by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_1138757.jpgmed_gallery_105306_16875_984228.jpg

Hope this second one is fine, Grot? Scale is 28mm and it does have 2 swords :rolleyes:

Edited by Majkhel

I also finished my entry for the 2022 What if Challenge-

I created a curious mix of Chaos and Necron.

It had to fit in with my Night Lords, so having some sneaky assassins who can appear and disappear at will sounded fitting.

These guys have stolen Necron technology for the sole reason to perfect their ability to hunt prey and to spread terror.

Here they are:

A member of the Night Scorpion unit- a mix of a Chaos Chosen and a Necron Deathmark.

Night_Scorpion.jpg

Night_Scorpion.jpg

And then there is their leader, the Warp Stalker, a mix of Chaos Champion and Hexmark Destroyer.

Warp_Stalker_front.jpg

Warp_Stalker.jpg

I could not decide which one I liked better, so I leave judgement to you which one you want to count as my entry.

February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 14x Infantry by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_1275924.jpg

To do:

• Bases
  • Remaining detail (like lenses, power weapons, etc)
  • Touch ups

IRL is busy this month and I also need to work on my plodding Along vow, but I may add more should things go smoothly.

So, apart from a couple of clumps of static grass which I should receive tomorrow I consider this test model and Februarys vow finished.

I decided to try and pull the martian basing colours up the hind legs/hooves because it looked like the 'gaunt was plopped on top of the environment rather than in it (and because the superglue I used to attach the 'gaunt to the base had gone white around the connection point - what's with slotta bases annoying or what?!)

I think Martian was the right choice for the scheme and I'm really happy with this finished model - which is great because I'm normally hypercritical of anything I do.

Termagant1.jpg

Edited by Gribbles