=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Wraithknight done. I realised after I posted these in the Anger and Arrogance event that I had forgotten to shade the white areas. This has been fixed and I'll take some better photos and post them here. I'm also vowing a hemlock and crimson hunter exarch too. Got to get these done by Sunday!

gallery_141590_16070_76836.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_431302.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_615832.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_698117.jpg

I know I've been away for a while, real life family health issues very much got in the way the last few months I'm afraid.

But I think I'm ready to pick up a brush again and try something new!

The Calth and Prospero plastics have been sat in my Loft of Shame for years - finally going to try doing something with them for some Shadow Crusade era World Eaters to warm up for Heresy 2.0. The new mark VI scale prompted me to try 3d printing some new longer legs for my test models for my first tac squad - I plan to mix in some of the new mark VI models later when they come out.

vOwWqKO.jpg

Intercessor is just for scale, and I'm going to break them down for partial sub-assembly painting by airbrush, hence the white tac! Trying to paint white any other way strikes me as a fast way to end up as nuts as Angron.

I, Arkhanist, resume the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of May pledge to complete at least one World Eater legionary by month's end.

Well I finished this guys about a week ago:

gallery_36568_17249_19021.jpg

I cant help but feel the base is the best part of him...

That completed my Anger and Arrogance vow for Aeldari. Unfortunately a series of unfortunate events will mean I can't get my Chaos commitment to that challenge done in time but I intend on finishing it by months end so for the rest of the Month I vow to complete: 10 Chaos Marines and one Venowcrawler:

gallery_36568_17249_177139.jpg

Woooow, how slack am I?!?!?!  March Summary up, hoping to have April's complete tomorrow :oops:

No worries Grot, it's nice to ready your summaries.

(just please snip the February Summary from the March Summary :wink: )

Well-earned Halandaar! Congratulations!

You know that thing where you cut and paste, and then it's invisible so you paste again? forgot to check it this time

sml_gallery_48988_15094_627.png

I wanted to do Skyweavers as a Chaos Knights unit, but didn't manage to come up with a good idea for a model. So I changed the plan, grabbed a spare Armiger and tried some things with it. What if, instead of Skyweavers, Chaos Knights had a flyer? The Tyranid Harpy could be pretty cool if it was a Knight!

This abomination seems quite pleasing to the Dark Gods! I'll probably sculpt on some cables and add a few chains for good measure before giving it a coat of paint.

38GQ6tO.jpg

I also chaos-ified the rules for the Harpy.

Jm0dbjU.png

Okay, now that I've completed my Anger and Arrogance pledge, it's time to think about 12 Month.

I'm going to continue with Drukhari, but being mid month, I figured I'd play it safe and go with a character. The most logical choice was my Ascendant Lord:

May Pledge 12 Month

I, The PenitentOne pledge this Archon as my !2 Months of hobby pledge for May 2022.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this month, I'm stuck doing night shifts for the foreseeable future. I love my night shifts, but man do they ever eat into the painting time. :sweat:

That's not to say I have been idle, brothers - far from it. I've been very active the last few days, especially. On that note:

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of May, I pledge to complete One (1) Seraphim Superior of the Order of the Iron Tower by month's end!

Here's a picture of my uncompleted Seraphim Superior, circa ~3 days ago:

gallery_46204_9220_466656.jpg

and I'd also like to report this vow as Complete! :biggrin.:
Here's a picture of my Superior, circa ~25 minutes ago:

gallery_46204_9220_4913.jpg
Her hair is actually really bright yellow (Hexos Palesun I believe the shade is called), but even without the flash my camera makes it look white on most angles.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Eriann the Bold, Hero of Pelisephone Hive:

A pious and strong girl since youth, Eriann was, in her early days, known amongst her sisters as someone who made up the deficiency in her tactical acumen through absolute piety. Never one for complex plans or detailed analysis, Eriann was happy to simply follow orders and Praise The Emperor, staying mostly silent unless spoken to and simply doing her best.

When the Cult of the Burnt Rose, insidious worshippers of the Dark Gods, took hold in Pelisephone Hive, Eriann and her squad were tasked with defending the Governor's life while the more experienced Sisters took to the streets to hunt the insurgents directly.

It transpired, as the battle unfolded, that the Governor's daughter was not only one of the Cult's leaders, but that she had converted many of the Governor's staff to her cause, and set up several assassination attempts on her own father. Eriann's squad bore the brunt of these attacks. Six of her Sisters were martyred that day, including Rosany, her Superior. While the other remaining Sisters wavered in their courage, Eriann stood firm. She protected the Governor's life with her own, using her own body to shield him. She took six wounds from corrupted blades, and yet did not fall.

Instead, Eriann cast down the heretics arrayed against her, and gave an impassioned speech to her sisters on the nature of Faith, and how times such as these weed out the faithless, and reward His faithful with Courage. This speech stirred the hearts of the Governor and what remained of his still-loyal retinue, and the last remnants of Eriann's squad. Instead of making for the evacuation point as originally planned, they marched, with Eriann at their head, into the thick of combat on Pelisephone's streets and under-streets, leading charge after charge into enemy positions, as the Cult of the Burnt Rose got more and more desperate.

Eventually, at the spearhead of the Order of the Iron Tower's forces, Eriann and the Governor both led the charge into the Cult's vile headquarters. The Governor's traitorous daughter was slain in the battle, and for her devotion and courage Eriann was rewarded with promotion into the ranks of the Seraphim.

Every year, on the anniversary of the day the Cult of the Burnt Rose was destroyed in Pelisephone Hive, the citizens host a celebratory parade from the Governor's palace to the Cathedral, with one amongst the young female nobles chosen to bear a sword and represent Sister Eriann marching at the Governor's side.

Two decades have passed since that day, and Eriann now leads her own squad of Seraphim, and is considered by many of the faithful to be an exemplar of what it means to be one of the Adepta Sororitas.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I also finished my last two Repentia, but forgot to take pics of them unpainted. I've included pics of them, and more shots of my new Seraphim, in the spoiler below:

Sister Jorna, Repentant of the Sin of Cowardice:

gallery_46204_9220_62466.jpg
Sister Anpra, Repentant of Her Own Will:
gallery_46204_9220_3987.jpg
Seraphim Superior Eriann, Hero of the siege of Pelisephone Hive (with her hair in almost the right colour here):
gallery_46204_9220_96753.jpg
Eriann again, showing off her sweet jump pack:
gallery_46204_9220_8824.jpg
Group shot, my new girls ready for a night on the town, dispatching heretics and preaching to the faithful:
gallery_46204_9220_203452.jpg

This leaves only my Repentia Superior to go, and the Order of the Iron Tower will be complete and ready for battle in the Glastheim Rifts.:turned:

Assuming I can stop myself from buying more Sisters, this is.:tongue.:

Just dropping in to confirm completion of my entire plodding along vow!

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Warlock (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear (Completed JAN)
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5 (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5 (Completed FEB)
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2 (Completed MAY)
  • Asuryani - War Walker (Completed MAR)
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord (Completed MAY)

JANUARY - Warlock, Spiritseer, Illic Nightspear

And also crossed the Warlock, Spiritseer and "Illic Nightspear" off of my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_125410.jpg

FEBRUARY - Farseer Skyrunner, Bonesinger, Wraithblades

gallery_84244_17310_145878.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_43033.jpg

MARCH - Jain Zar, Howling Banshees, War Walker

During this month I also completed Jain Zar, Howling Banshees and War Walker from my plodding along vow:

gallery_84244_17310_165409.jpg

gallery_84244_17310_45807.jpg

New for MAY - Support Weapons, Wraithlord

gallery_84244_17310_31397.jpg

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 3 Outriders (Consecrated Blades), 5 Autobolter Intercessors (Ultramarines). by month's end.

If I finish these buy the middle of the month I'll add 5 Heavy Intercessors for my Ultramarine.

Had to stop the bikes for this month just not feeling it at all.

So with nearly 2 weeks left of May I will start on 5 Heavy Intercessors.

I love converting! Gets me all motivated to paint the result!

pdaz6b4.jpg

SiipxmA.jpg

1Ogv4Y2.jpg

I should also add something to plod along this year. Uh ... here goes:

I, TPS, vow to paint a Reaver Titan by the end of Year.

Yes, I bought a friend's half-painted Titan collection. I love painting those resin monstrosities!

E0gvkFG.jpg