=] The 12 Months of Hobby 2022 [=

Grotsmasha

Thanks again for the 2021 Hobby Challenge @Grotsmasha! It was a blast even though I didn't manage to finish as many models as I would have liked :)

Hopefully this year sees some more models finished and the first live game with my army!

I, Jaipii, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2022, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1x Primaris Captain and 2x Assault Intercessors of the Raven Guard chapter by month's end.

gallery_197938_16354_164837.jpg

Back to work after a short Christmas break...

This year my focus is getting my Hexfire inspired Grey Knight and Thousand sons forces Playable, along with the Omnissiah's Talon Ad mech Christmas force.

I figure one completion for each per month gets me there, but with January's weather potentially delaying getting undercoating done, some may slip into February so I'm targeting 6 Grey knight Strikes, 5 Rubrics and the 5 Sicarian Infiltrators, but only pledging the Strikes

I, Cleon , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete six Grey Knight Strike marines by month's end.

gallery_56701_17274_6990.jpg

5 man squad plus the old model of the month.

Edited by Cleon

My participation drifted off towards the end of the year, but the 2021 event contributed heavily to me getting a bunch of stuff painted so I'll join again this year and try and be a bit more targeted!

First off for January, 1x Genestealer Cult Biophagus and Alchemicus Familiar

gallery_84244_15233_198167.jpg

Then a Plodding Along vow, consisting of:

• Asuryani - Farseer Skyrunner
  • Asuryani - Spiritseer
  • Asuryani - Warlock
  • Asuryani - Bonesinger
  • Asuryani - Jain Zar
  • Asuryani - Illic Nightspear
  • Asuryani - Howling Banshees x5
  • Asuryani - Wraithblades x5
  • Asuryani - Support Platforms x2
  • Asuryani - War Walker
  • Asuryani - Wraithlord
In what is perhaps a good metaphor for how my 2022 is going so far, mere hours after I posted this my wife managed to knock the model off my desk and roll over it with the office chair. Whether or not it can be salvaged is yet to be seen. Edited by Halandaar

As decreed by our Liege Lord; I, Dwango, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1 Wave Serpent for Craftworld Mymeara by month's end.

This needs cleaning up, a new base coat and details etc.

med_gallery_141590_15861_155176.jpg

I also vow to complete what's in these boxes as a plodding along vow. That will range from fully painting to increasing the base size and adding decals/weathering etc. This should then cover all my infantry for my 30k Dark Angels. It may be interspersed with some vehicles along the way.

med_gallery_141590_15861_733163.jpg

*** edit - almost vowed all of this for this month :eek:

Edited by Dwango

Thanks again for the 2021 Hobby Challenge @Grotsmasha! It was a blast even though I didn't manage to finish as many models as I would have liked :smile.:

Hopefully this year sees some more models finished and the first live game with my army!

I, Jaipii, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2022, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1x Primaris Captain and 2x Assault Intercessors of the Raven Guard chapter by month's end.

gallery_197938_16354_164837.jpg

1mm ball bearings for the armor?

January

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1 x Predator by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_209043.jpg

To do:
  • Magnetise all weapon options
  • Paint all extras from plastic to completion
  • Highlights and remaining detail on what has already been done

Honestly I am in awe at the speed and quality you guys continue to produce models.  I have almost finished my guardians (after having them for about 20 years, just as the new damned kit gets announced)  but the quality is nothing on what you guys are cranking out...

@Kurgan the Lurker

Yes! I ordered ~500pcs of 1mm 'Kugellager' cheap from Amazon Germany (I live in Europe) :biggrin.:

Drilled shallow holes, put some super glue in (toothpicks are great) and then the ball bearings.

Thanks, did something similar recently myself and was starting to panic that I had gotten them too small.

Have I mentioned I suffer from ADHD?

:p

I spent much too much time on Ebay and found a real treasure, for a quarter of the money these old kits are usually offered.

Still in original shrink wrap.

It is going to be part of my role-play/ background story for my Night Lords army and represent the Pirate Ship they are sailing on. Still have to come up with a name and story.

I am going to make this the project for this weekend- assembling and starting to paint it up (I think it will be a quick and dirty paint job because it is ideal for dry brushing).

So here it goes, I Valkia the Bloody, expand my vow and now will also include a Chaos Battleship in my vow for January.

I am really excited getting my hands on one of these old metal kits. I just was hit with a huge wave of pure nostalgia from my very humbly beginnings in the hobby.

:D :D :D

Chaos-Ship.jpg

Vow January 2022 (1st Vow)

Calling it done

gallery_26778_16349_837568.jpg

I, WAR009, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete a Grey Knight Terminator Librarian by month's end.

gallery_26778_16349_571066.jpg

I, Llagos_Tyrant, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January I pledge to complete 5 Necron Warriors, 2 Ultramarine Devastators, 2 Ultramarine Honour Guard, 2 Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines, 1 Iron Warriors Predator, and 5 Iron Warriors Terminators by month's end.

51807243752_50abf57785.jpg

Not the best photo but I tried to get them in one. I need to redo the lascannons on the Predator, 2 Iron Warriors CSM, and 1 UM Devastator, fully paint 1 UM Devastator, redo/touch up parts of the UM Honour Guard (remove LT stripes, try to get a better armour gradient, edge highlighting), and finish off the Necrons (1 needs a rock on his base painted, the others need their bases done, as well as gauss, armour, and eyes/battle damage painted). Also need to finish hazard stripes and painting and basing the Chaos Terminators.

I also pledge to paint enough models to field a 2,000 point Firstborn Ultramarine army by June 30 2022. (I currently have about 1,000 points painted).

These are all in various states of completion, but after a very productive last few weeks of 2021 and first week of 2022 (managed to get through 20 models!) I'm trying to keep the hobby train going. I joined for the first little bit of 2021's challenge and fell off the forum for a little bit, but 2020 was a great and very motivating year to press ahead on the hobby front. Trying to recapture some of that magic and hobbyist ethic.

The Plodding Along pledge will complement my personal 2022 goals to:

1) bring my 2,000 points of painted Iron Warriors up to 3,000,

2) bring my 1,000 points of painted Ultramarines up to 2,000,

3) bring my 250 points of painted Necrons up to 2,000.

These are alongside other goals like painting 2,000 points of WFB Dark Elves, and 1,000 points of AOS Slaves to Darkness.

Going to be a very busy year.

... and now for something completely different:

Plodding Along

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the year of 2022 pledge to complete 1 x Herald of Slaanesh (proxy), 10 x Daemonettes (proxy), 1 x Zarakynel (proxy) by year's end.

gallery_62972_17279_354897.jpg

To do:
  • Create a blog in the C:D forum to track my progress
  • Herald - paint
  • Daemonettes - Build the other five (with unit upgrades) and paint
  • Zarakynel - Build, paint, acquire scenic/special base
  • Bases

Edited by Jolemai

I, Custom Hero , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete one Raven Guard member of the Deathwatch by month's end.

851527-DF-DA04-4712-8151-09-EA4-D844182.

Not sold on the head just yet, may go with a helmet…

Edited by Custom Hero