+++ Sally Forth: Hobby Challenge +++

duz_

Completely missed this, since I naively got used to challenges appearing in the banner on the top of the website. 

I'll have to poke around and see what kits I've unassembled...

This is my fault, I keep forgetting to get round to it... but it's nice to know people notice :P I will sort it this evening :tu:

I'll also delve into the mountain for Guard things so I can sort a small vow, I have a couple of ideas to explore.

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Colonel Jan van Liemeke, Commander of the Kellersburg 7th Irregulars, shall raise a 10 Crusaders and 30 Kasrkin by 28th February."

Edited by casb1965

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander War009 of the {Redacted by authority of the =][=} shall raise an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper squad (scions) by 28th February."

I'll get a picture when I'm back home :)

Edit : picture time

gallery_26778_16349_228067.jpg

Edited by war009

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Mordian Glory of the Mordian 50th Rifles, shall raise a Lord Commissar by 28th February."

Just a small pledge from me, I have a whole Bolt Action army I am working on already! xD

gallery_100266_17290_665426.jpg

Edited by WarriorFish
Format error fixed

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander GreenScorpion leader of the regiments allied to Cornelivs Maximvs, shall raise a small platoon composed by a command squad and 2 infantry squads (25 models) by 28th February."

I primed these last weekend and was wondering all week whether I should pledge them or not. Here they are now in their blackened state with the infantry squad members and those of the command squad being all mixed among them.

m0VZrWn.jpg

Brothers… I step back into this realm after months lost upon the tides of the empyrean. Joy, joy, JOY at a genial perusal of the data stream and I chance upon an opportunity to Sally Forth.

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander lion’o Judah of the 601st Artemesian armored, shall raise 1 unit scout walker, 1 unit infantry, 1b infantry transport, 1 CnC vehicle by 28th February."

What's the crack with something that may be 3d printed as the minis are decades out of production?

As long as the model / unit as something identifiable in the current codex or legends then its a good :tu:

Welcome back lion! Don't forget the before pictures ;)

So I've finished my test horse. He isn't table ready, but I'm pleased enough with the components to copy him to the other 9 horses. I've decided the horses are going to be painted identically, because Mordians value uniformity, even in their riding stock. Fluffwise we can just have it so the breeding worlds from which the Mordian 19th import their horses are bred to be identical in as many ways as possible. Given the strict husbanding of resources, the idea of importing horses to the hive world of Mordian (when many of its inhabitants would rather eat than ride them) means that the guard can import only the choicest specimans. if this pledge goes well, I was able to procure another 10 horses today, so I might do a second squad.

gallery_209737_16260_115776.jpg

open to thoughts and critiques. colour choice for the horse was to be bold, and striking, compared to my usual blue, black and silver chasing

I found my models, and it seems I have made more progress on my Stormies than I had thought as I don't have enough models to do what I planned... I want a few more hotshot troopers, but at least the codex offers an option:

In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander, I Lord Commissar WarriorFish of the 501st Arukan, shall raise a Stroomtrooper Command Squad by 28th February.

Yes, I have only four models left :laugh.: Sometimes things work out I suppose, the Emperor works in mysterious ways :wink: I hope to start assembly Sunday so should get a picture up soon :thumbsup:

edit: vow picture:

gallery_30308_10604_45234.jpeg

Edited by WarriorFish

Hello everyone, I'll contribute a Tallarn Dune Buggy to the cause:

"In the name of the Emperor and Lord Commander , I Commander Tallarn Commander of the Tallarn 23rd Regiment, shall raise a Stag II Recon vehicle (counts-as scout sentinel) by 28th February."

In the Tallarn 23rd sentinels are found at the company and regiment level. But Stag IIs are only found in the regimental recon company. Their larger sizes allows them to carry extra fuel and ammo for the sentinels during longer recon missions.

I think I can make something out of these various bitz from my bitz box

gallery_88062_11289_65437.jpeg

Tallarn 23rd, "We are many. They are few."

so I finished assembling my hunting lances, finding hobby dowel that diameter was actually harder than I expected, just prepping for paint

gallery_209737_16260_52426.jpg

As mentioned in my test horse post, I purchased an used bunch of extra horsies, and they came with some still on sprue bits, obviously for use on my Lieutenant or Cornet

gallery_209737_16260_121236.jpg

There is only one tiny, little, miniscule problem, not even really worth mentioning really (definitely not in the presence of the commissariat)

Hidden Content
gallery_209737_16260_79695.jpg