+++ Sally Forth: Hobby Challenge +++

duz_

Good stuff comrades! I have been away due to the malign influence of Nurgle, but the foolish dark gods have yet to learn that His Hammer can not be stopped and will always prevail in the end! I hope to get to work this week or next for my own additions, keep the progress updates coming :thumbsup:

Great work war! :thumbsup:
Although be careful some of us will need all those 3 weeks :mad:

Not going to lie roach, those planks and basing came out even better than I expected! Definitely an effort to be pleased about :yes:

Completions updated, let me know if I've missed anyone so far.

Great work war! :thumbsup:

Although be careful some of us will need all those 3 weeks :mad:

lol and Im usually the procrastinator 

Excellent work here it's great to see, but the commissariat expects no less from the barracks :wink: Unfortunately I am somewhat indisposed rooting out the remnants of Nurgle's forces but be assured that as soon as the forces of chaos are defeated once and for all I will make haste to the battle field here to finish my duty. Onwards to glory comrades, no life lost in His service was lost in vain!

Some minor progress for me (so minor not pic worthy :lol: )

Finally straightened the commissars power sword.... ( :huh: )

And it's possibly warm enough to prime outside a balmy 10C so that should help expedite things since I won't need to airbrush prime

Edited by duz_

whelp I normally don't do a lot of hobbying during the week but I really wanted to finish these guys up.

so, just to make the bases feel a bit more "lived in" I went ahead and printed off some imperial posters and medical documents to scatter on the bases.

1owlKVQ.jpg

JdV0hrn.jpg

2SL7QCN.jpg

once that was done i went ahead and finished up the build.

so without delaying it any longer here is the finished entry

B3Sg5wI.jpg

QK7ei98.jpg

ssYB91a.jpg

JDHDbga.jpg

zLSHn3r.jpg

Really fantastic photos and work done by all.

I’ll be providing a text only update tonight, I’ve had some chances to work from home and take “frequent hobby breaks” without any ill effect on my workload.

I’ve got 6 of my lancers finished, and their mounts are at about 80%. I wanted very much to make these a “legend legal” force, so I’ve ordered the correct sized oval bases, they were lost in the vagueries of the warp, fortunately Canada post adepts finally found the parcel and it appears to be moving again. I also wanted to ensure wysiwyg so I ordered some holstered pistols from France as they have a bits ordering service that was fast and efficient and Mordians don’t have pistol holsters modeled. That just left the swords for 2 of my pistol wielding riders. I love the sheathed and scabbard swords on the deathriders, but that’s beyond my skill to replicate, so I’m going to strap it to their backs, the look is actually better than I had hoped.

I suspect I will finish the bulk of the actual painting over the next couple of days, then when/if the bases arrive it will be a sprint to the finish to base them up properly. I have lots of spare chaos bits to grind beneath their thundering hooves.

Awesome work Sviar! Valhallans have a special place for me as I almost picked them as my regiment back in 3rd. I hope to see more outside this challenge :tu:

Made some progress balmy 15C today between snow storms so finally managed to get the rattle can out and prime my commissar!

Next stop painting!

Made some progress balmy 15C today between snow storms so finally managed to get the rattle can out and prime my commissar!

Next stop painting!

Wow Todays high is predicted to be 77 F/ 25C and a low of 51 F/ 10 C........but we are only a few weeks away from the 100+ temps

Where there is a will there's a way - and the Guard always have a will ;)

I have been making slow progress here and there but all progress counts, and it's enough for me to be confident of success before the deadline :) Not that the commissariat understands any other concept of course :P Don't forget update pictures, I'll see about getting one up soon :tu: