Dilettante upgrade

dice4thedicegod

Hey there fellow scheming sorcerers! I was toying with a soup list idea and noticed that (unlike a lot of upgrades) the legion command doesn’t require a thousand sons warlord.

So I was thinking of having a witch warrior sorcerer and a dilettante exalted sorcerer in a patrol. (Like the idea of gaze of hate with a reroll and firestorm with athenean scrolls for targeted sniping).

However… BattleScribe seems to not like that being done (specifically the relic from dilettante). It says that I have one too many relics on the guy (1 instead of zero). Am I reading it wrong, it seemed cut and dried? Especially as the faq says:

“Q: Can the Dilettante Legion Command upgrade be used to give a Relic to a model that doesn’t already have one?

A: Yes. Note that the cost of this upgrade includes the value of the Relic, and you are not required to pay any additional cost (e.g.

1 Command point for the Sorcerous Arcana Stratagem) for that Relic.”

Battlescribe has a separate relic option for the dilettante that you have to choose from - if you choose 2 relics from the same section you'll get the error. Are you sure there's not another model in the list with a relic triggering the error?