Piercing the Veil - Knights of the Exilarchy

Xin Ceithan

So, with the new models and a possible new Lost and the Damned options on the horizon, I thought I’d turn an eye back on the Exilarchy as a whole, the Pure and especially any Chaos Knights that might be associated with them.

We have very little to go on here, but I think it might be fun to bounce a few ideas, maybe focus on small contingents of Dreadblades?

I recall ADB musing  that the local Knight houses “might use orange” which would certainly make for some  wicked colour schemes! 

With the very briton / Celtic feel of the Spears I was thinking about something feral, techno-druidic for the renegade Mechanicus elements …maybe taking a hint of the Fomorians from Slaine

… but that  might be a bit on the nose? 

Maybe play up the Roman/Greek style things as the Mechanicus came with the initial “bringers of civilisation” and the Ultramarines… go a bit Hades on them?  

I’d love to do something that gets the “feel” of something that feels “native “  to that region, if that makes any sense.

So, any crazy ideas or input from you, my fellow heretics? 

Well, with the preview that has been given it looks like the knight will likely have a fist and scourge. So you could do the iron hand and the heavy lash part of the civilization bringers. The darker side of what it takes to build an empire.

I know I'm currently repainting my knights to look like what I would envision house Korvax to look like.

I wasn’t aware of the Be’ Lakor / knight shenanigans up to this point - so thanks for this already ;)

While I understood the Pure see themselves more as liberators  from an empire that turned it’s back on them (from what we have been shown ) … there is certainly a place for someone shouldering the more heavy responsibility (as well as heavy hand and lash) of building something new from the ashes, I guess. Brothers’ Keepers and all that…

I am still more looking for a theme here… unless your theme is “I want this to have a giant trident” and start from there…

which could work anywhere.. ;) 

Of course, considering the Spears use a trident marking for their veterans so using a giant trident on a fomorian/ aquatic themed knight “ from beyond the ninth wave” … you could be on to something here … 

I am still more looking for a theme here… unless your theme is “I want this to have a giant trident” and start from there…

which could work anywhere.. ;)

Of course, considering the Spears use a trident marking for their veterans so using a giant trident on a fomorian/ aquatic themed knight “ from beyond the ninth wave” … you could be on to something here …

I was more encouraging the twist of the bringers of civilization theme you brought up in the original post as a theme to go with. I enjoy the roman vibe when it takes a dark turn, and Pluto/Hades is the perfect dark turn. Especially since some of his favored servants are Furies.

Oh.. that is actually quite nice and indeed fits the theme very well!

A darkish Roman vibe knight, maybe with some of the Furies or vulture thingies from Warcry should indeed look awesome !

I really need to make some molds for knight face plates…