Organized club heresy

Hi 30k gang! I'm looking to reignite the heresy in my local club and was wondering how other clubs do organized heresy "events"? Do you match everyone 1v1 and everyone plays the same scenario? Do you write up a story to play out? How many games to aim for in a day?

I'm looking to run a small intro event of 4 to 8 people. If I have 4 I was going to run 2v2 in a 4'x4' ZM board with 1k per person or if i get up to 8 make it 2v2 with bigger armies on a non-zm board.

We did 2x 2v2s to start (6ish people total) and then a day where everyone played the same mission in 1v1s.

I would recommend keeping it simple and modular. IMO the biggest aspects you want to impart is how different Scoring and Armor Values are; really press home the point that if you don't have weapons that can hurt tanks then you can't hurt tanks

• 5 weeks later...

MY club in MD, Beer and Bolters, has a Horus Heresy day every other Sunday. 

We generally show up with lists for 1K for ZM, or 2-2.5-3K for regular games. With new people we introduce them through 1k games of regular play, and their opponents responsibility is to teach without any focus on winning. 2v2 is definitely going to take too long and make the game confusing. 

Now our club also has around 20 full armies in display cases, so new players have access to lots of army and unit choices. 

MY club in MD, Beer and Bolters, has a Horus Heresy day every other Sunday. 

We generally show up with lists for 1K for ZM, or 2-2.5-3K for regular games. With new people we introduce them through 1k games of regular play, and their opponents responsibility is to teach without any focus on winning. 2v2 is definitely going to take too long and make the game confusing. 

Now our club also has around 20 full armies in display cases, so new players have access to lots of army and unit choices. 

This is really cool :).

Had our first get together for heresy. Only had 3 people counting myself. We did a 3 person FFA in a ZM setting. There was emperor's children, space wolves and custodes. Myself(SW) and the EC player have played 40k for years and had fun remembering the way 7th was played. The custodes started in 8th and was surprised at how differently the game played. We threw Russ, Fulgrim, and Valdor into the mix for the fun of it. Unfortunately my Russ got punked by fulgrim, oh the shame, lol. This has generated some buzz in the club though and there is more interest for the next event.