Definitely.

Been looking at how to expand this again. According to BattleScribe I have a unit of Daemonettes, one Herald, one Masque, one Zarakynel, and some WHFB Harpies I can run as Furies. Two more squads of Daemonettes will put me on 930 points but after that...

I've heard good things about fiends and keeper of secrets - the lists I have seen that do well have 2+ keepers, a couple of units of fiends, often a unit or 2 or seekers (sometimes with one of those being quite large) and really only use demonettes to score objectives.

Which is a bit of a shame, given that I have 60 of them painted. :(

Infantry

Two more Daemonettes and a Musician. Getting to grips with the skin tone and armour/hide now.

Applied rocks to the base and Ardcoat underneath the crust - looking a bit better imo.

Still working on getting the scorch marks how I want them - basic idea is that the Daemons taint to earth they walk on.

Ethereal idea seems to work ok - basic idea being they conjour up what they need and when from the warp.

Plodding Along update 3/6

7/13 complete

3 Daemonettes proxies complete

med_gallery_62972_17279_998178.jpg

med_gallery_62972_17279_1141004.jpg

Edited by Jolemai

• 1 month later...

Plodding Along update

Three "Daemonettes" complete

10/10 "Daemonettes" complete

10/13 models complete

As these are Raging Heroes models, please note that are considered NSFW:

Reveal hidden contents

and the whole squad together:

I went back and made the champion's crown ethereal too:

Spoiler

They look great - the highlighting on the claws and crown really makes them pop.

I'm generally not a fan of Raging Heroes models, but their daemonettes really share any aesthetic with the old metal Diaz daemonettes that I can appreciate.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Zarakynel WIP 

Finally getting around to the centrepiece model. It looks like a lot, but with the colourscheme nailed down and no trim or anything, it should be doable this month...

24 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

December

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of December pledge to complete 1x Zarakynel (proxy) by month's end.

IMG_20221207_101550490.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

To do:

~ Everything

13 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

This looks Promising !! :cool:  So we'll get to see it before Christmas ?!?... :thumbsup:

M. 

Nah, end of the year. Although I do have a review of the model to type out at some point...

• 4 weeks later...

Zarakynel (Proxy) complete

Finally done, will put a family pic of the year's progress later this week (hopefully). Because of the size I had to expand the colour palette to include a different set of purples on the different skin type and I think it's worked out pretty well.

Just now, Jolemai said:

December Complete

Plodding Along Complete

2022 12M Challenge Complete

1/1 Zarakynel proxy complete

13/13 complete

The following model is by Raging Heroes and NSFW

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20230102_105724731.jpg

IMG_20230102_105821850.jpg

IMG_20230102_105812875.jpg

IMG_20230102_105802583.jpg

IMG_20230102_105831134.jpg

IMG_20230102_105735892_HDR.jpg

Wow, she turned out great!  The purple flesh looks great, so I would say your addition of the new purple was the right decision to make.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the blue hair, as I feel it is too saturated in colour for the rest of the model.  That said, I didn't see the model without it or her with your other models, so can't comment on whether the rest of her looks so good because of that contrast, or whether it helps tie her into your broader force.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Wow, she turned out great!  The purple flesh looks great, so I would say your addition of the new purple was the right decision to make.

Only thing I'm not sold on is the blue hair, as I feel it is too saturated in colour for the rest of the model.  That said, I didn't see the model without it or her with your other models, so can't comment on whether the rest of her looks so good because of that contrast, or whether it helps tie her into your broader force.

Wanted to wait to answer this until I took the family shot:

IMG_20230107_132001588.jpg

IMG_20230107_132017653_HDR.jpg

The skin, hair, chitin(?), base, is the same. Any equipment required is manifested using warp energy (which in the Joliverse is ethereal coloured - my Legion of the Damned is the same too), whish is also the same. More important the model, more equipment is summoned.

Each model scorches the earth as it walks, with the larger one also branding the ground with Chaos star.

Great work, I love the theme  :thumbsup: put all beside each other really helps to show the tie ins and now I understand the colour choice (manifestation of power etc)

The basing rocks and i do love the scorched earth idea :cool:...

Cannot wait to see more of this army!

Cheers, M.  

On 1/11/2023 at 2:54 AM, Mumeishi said:

Great work, I love the theme  :thumbsup: put all beside each other really helps to show the tie ins and now I understand the colour choice (manifestation of power etc)

The basing rocks and i do love the scorched earth idea :cool:...

Cannot wait to see more of this army!

Cheers, M.  

I'm not sure where this will be going next and I think I've painted up what I believed to have been suitable. To use it on it's own, I'll need another ten "Daemonettes" and goodness knows what else to make it work, but back in 8th edition I considered using it with a Renegade Guard force (not entirely sure this is still doable and it's on such a slow burn that glacial is too fast a term to use to describe the progress).

I'll certainly be back for more should anything change and I've still got to finish off the review article for the Avatar of Shaah.