Adeptus Custodes biggest weaknesses and nemesis opponents

Damage réduction : death guard

I thought I added them to the list but totally forgot!

Oh damage reduction... everything Eldar wraith apparently.

Oh boy that's worrying.
It is.

The leaks show wraith as t6 with 3 wounds. 3+ save and -1 damage. With an ability to shoot into combat...yikes.

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar

I managed to get a quick, 1000pt game in tonight with the new Codex.

A really fun game against Harlequins.

They have always been an army that terrified me.

I still feel that way now!

So fast, loads of attacks, excellent synergy between units. If you are forced to roll a bucketloads of saves, you will eventually fail enough of them.

That damn Solitaire with a nasty weapon Relic (Cegorach's Rose, I think) blitzed and wiped out a 4 man squad of Custodes on his own, then my Vexilla, in exchange for taking just 2 wounds. I lost very badly, but it was fun, as Harlequins always are.

I find playing against Marines (loyal and traitor) to be quite straightforward. Armies with movement shenanigans are those that I do worst against. Maybe I'm just not a great player, though I am not a "must win" type of person. Genestealer-heavy Tyranids and Slaanesh Daemons are something I am also afraid of until I get more used to the new Codex. Again, due to sheer number of attacks and advance/charge abilities.

Damage Reduction

• Astartes Dreadnoughts

• Genestealer Cult vehicles

• Ork vehicles

• Iron Hands (6+ wounds shrug)

• Death Guard. ALL OF THEM

Ignore Invulnerable saves

• Tau Rail Gun/Hammerhead

• Tau Strategum of OP

• Custodes Lockwarden (funnily enough)

• Psyker Mortal Wounds

• C'tan Mortal Wounds

• The Nightbringer

• C'tan Strategum Entropic Strike

• Chaos Decimator (Soulburners)

Forgeworld deamon engine: decimator that has a gun that fires mortals with the soul burner.

Pretty sure it averages like 2 or 3 custodes a turn.

Edited by Captain Idaho

Damage réduction : death guard

I thought I added them to the list but totally forgot!

Oh damage reduction... everything Eldar wraith apparently.

Oh boy that's worrying.
It is.

The leaks show wraith as t6 with 3 wounds. 3+ save and -1 damage. With an ability to shoot into combat...yikes.

Wraithblades with axes get a 4++ thrown in and their axes hit like our Spears to boot, although slightly less accurate.

Oh haven't followed the rumours and leaks, what is that thing doing?

Let's try and work out what we can do to overcome these things, at least as best we can.

Wraith Guard... Dacatarai will help at least put a decent number of shots on the unit. They're possibly priority number one for Salvo Launchers.

Oh haven't followed the rumours and leaks, what is that thing doing?

Let's try and work out what we can do to overcome these things, at least as best we can.

Wraith Guard... Dacatarai will help at least put a decent number of shots on the unit. They're possibly priority number one for Salvo Launchers.

Salvos are actually sounding super inefficient. Better to kite and pop vehicles with those. Especially since it takes two wounds with salvo to kill one...and that's if it doesn't have the shield to give it a 4++. Yes the axe shield has a 4++.

So that would be four to kill one wraith. That's horribly inefficient.

I think Custodian Guard with Pyrithite Spears may be an answer, ESPECIALLY if the spears get Auric Weapons for the double shoot Ka'Tah.

With a Shield-Captain nearby for rerolls and half range for D6+2 damage, 5 guard with Pyrithite spears shooting twice will kill an average of 7-8 Wraithguard (goes down to 3-4 average for the ones with a 4++ from the Shield/Axe combo).

That (i.e. are they Auric Weapons) is something I am eagerly waiting to see from the next FAQ.

Wait, how many wounds do they have? Surely it's 3?

I mean, sure target vehicles first but if we need to hurt them in a turn with a charge, throwing a few melta missiles might work for a turn.

Yes 3. Apologies I was misreading their profile. Tagging a wound on them would be worth since one missile one kill if they don't pass save.

I get you though, it is a little inefficient depending on when you fire. Definitely don't want to be firing every turn at Wraith Guard when you could be melting Grav-tanks etc.

I think it's definitely a situation dependent circumstance.

@ L30n1d4s: it certainly is something we all wait on with baited breath! Who knows, maybe it will even be the other combi-weapon and Sagittarum get it! (That last one is tongue in cheek, I don't think that would happen)