Chapter Approved 2022 Speculation and Updates

EmperorGTank

I completely understand. I am still going to hope that maybe the Anti-Tank missiles went down in cost along with the chassis itself. Maybe once we have the whole book we will see anything that was not leaked or possibly missed. If the Exorcist Missiles went down by 20 points we would at least get it to 150 even with the strat staying at 2CP. Even getting it down to 160 would be okay in my book.

As for the Castigator we'll just wait for 10th edition, and I will keep bringing it to casual games.

No effect if you play narratively though. This is only for Matched Play where mixing of Orders so you can min-max was way more of a thing so I don't mind them tidying that up. 

It's a bad change, honestly. Now players have even less tools to patch up GW's shoddy rules writing.

Edited by Blurf

According to the sisters subreddit, ret cherubs and dominions are going up as well:sad.: +5 for the cherub and +2 for dominions:furious:

Don't think they are confirmed but there's a spreadsheet of changes that matches sisters changes leaked so far:mellow.:

The point increases, then the sub faction changes have crushed my 2k. Shelving them till next ed:sad.:

Moving onto Eldar atm:happy.:

Edited by Emperor Ming

The +2 for dominions feel kind uf unwarranted to me.

The cerub kind of was an autotake. But the 5 points steps dont have enough granularity. 10 points is too much for a cerub.

Not saying they are an a bad space for me because i only play in a semi competetive environment.

Bit i am annoyed that the exorcist abd immolator did not get a lot cheaper. Ill play them anyways because the are awesome modles.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

Regarding the subfaction change, while I personally did not mix orders much, I understand that it is definitely a major hit to the competitiveness of the faction. Watching an Auspex Tactics video, he brings up how a better alternative would have to implement a CP tax for it similar to how they changed detachment costs, further hampering things like the old "Loyal 32 and friends" armies (though of course mono-faction bonuses, limits on CP farming, and other changes killed this build by late 8th). I agree that a CP tax of some kind would have been far better than outright banning it from matched play. But we will survive somehow I am sure, even if it just means BR (after their supplement) is just the only way to go again.

As for our points changes, the leaks definitely don't look great for us, but I am also seeing that the Castigator went down, so at least all of our vehicles (other than the Rhino) got drops of some kind (Yes I know 10 points is not nearly enough for any of them, but I will take steps at this point). I am disappointed in the Exorcist missiles not going down at least a little, 30 points is just way too much when the battle cannon on the Castigator is 5, but Dominions going up by 2 definitely feels wrong. This isn't back in 8th (and 7th for that matter) where Melta-Minions were the only way to play, and I think most lists have only been taking a few with Storm Bolters for the Blessed Bolts strat. I think at worst it should have been 1 point, same as what the Sacresants should have gotten. The main nerf that happened (and was expected) was Vahl, but everything else feels like a bit much for what actually dropped as compensation. The cherub change just mean I am back to bringing 2 and only 2 for MM Rets and that's it lol (used to bring a few more sometimes for a squad of HB rets whenever I knew I was going against Marines). 

While I know these changes are definitely not welcome and hurt us as a whole, I would also remind everyone that there is another Balance Dataslate coming next month and based on how every other army's points shake out, we could still be in a similar position in a relative sense (hopefully just dropping to a mid-high B tier instead of low-mid A). We have survived far worse over our last 25+ years of existence in the game, have Faith and perhaps after a few weeks of seeing how things play out, GW (and the Emperor) will bless us with a few of these nerfs rescinded or modified!

While I know these changes are definitely not welcome and hurt us as a whole, I would also remind everyone that there is another Balance Dataslate coming next month and based on how every other army's points shake out, we could still be in a similar position in a relative sense (hopefully just dropping to a mid-high B tier instead of low-mid A).

I was not aware of another balance dataslate. For the love of the emperor why is another one coming in just a month and where was this mentioned?

While I know these changes are definitely not welcome and hurt us as a whole, I would also remind everyone that there is another Balance Dataslate coming next month and based on how every other army's points shake out, we could still be in a similar position in a relative sense (hopefully just dropping to a mid-high B tier instead of low-mid A).

I was not aware of another balance dataslate. For the love of the emperor why is another one coming in just a month and where was this mentioned?

Yea it was in the WarCom article detailing the new secondary/mission/sub-faction soup changes. It was at the bottom so pretty easily missed, I will quote the exact line where it appears below and link the article.

As far as "why is another one coming in just a month," I agree that it is a bit soon after CA 2022 to be releasing another balance patch to the game. However, I also suspect (and I believe Tabletop Tactics even jokingly brought this up at the end of their Chapter Approved review) that this CA 2022 was, in addition to a business ploy of course, some kind of massive gamble/test by GW to hit subfactions hard and shake up the game in some way (not the right way of course), and so if this gamble looks to be causing more harm than good in a month's time (saleswise most likely) another balance dataslate next month gives them a chance to tone it down. Perhaps there will be a CP tax to bring multiple subfactions similar to current ally soup instead of the outright ban in matched play, maybe major vehicle changes get implemented helping all vehicles (including all of our tanks that just went down by 10 points) feel stronger or more effective, maybe certain weapon stats get adjusted again, maybe weapons points values get slightly adjusted too (Exorcist Missile Launcher going down to like 15 points max please!), etc. A balance patch so soon after CA (that would luckily be free of course) makes sense only because they want to see where the game is at when the dust settles (and their model sales of course) and then use the balance dataslate to make whatever adjustments they feel are necessary to help the game (which really means help them sell the models they thought CA would do but probably did not).

This is complete speculation on my end of course, but if nothing else at least a balance dataslate next month gives them the chance to possibly correct things that went "too far" in CA. I also respect the fact that they mention the Dataslate is "less far-reaching" than CA, which means any changes we see in it would probably be targeted (so maybe at least we see some Sisters vehicle changes or maybe even a 5++ on Warsuits who knows!) Maybe it does nothing, but the chance that something could happen next month makes this not feel as bad to me as it does for a large part of the playerbase. Again, the Emperor will provide!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/21/war-zone-nachmund-grand-tournament-mission-pack-means-new-tactical-challenges-and-more-exciting-games/

"Chapter Approved 2022 is available for pre-order this weekend. The next Balance Dataslate, which is important but less far-reaching due to the changes in Chapter Approved, will follow in early February, continuing to flesh out the season".

Oh yea they said quarterly didn't they. I happen to run a small business actually and my fellow Directors and I just kind of suck at having quarterly meetings so when they said quarterly I didn't really think they would stick to it lol. We always have the meetings "around" the correct time each quarter, but it fluctuates wildly all too often.