Bloody Rose Supplement: Vigilus Alone

Well, it looks like the Order of Our Martyred Lady will not be the only Order with a supplement for long.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/01/11/the-order-of-the-bloody-rose-get-even-more-fanatical-and-ferocious-in-their-new-codex-supplement/

This is good news; I'm really happy to see a different order get some attention. I wonder if there will be additional content for the Sisters in the book,

Honestly I'm a little upset about this. The Sisters dex is newer and already has one supplement for Martyrd Lady. Also, this supplement is for Bloody Rose which is already one of the stronger order choices.

If they want to do supplements there are other dexes that need help and have zero supplements (looking at you Necrons). If they absolutely insisted on doing a sister supplement why not do one for a less used faction like Sacred Rose or Valorus Heart?

Necrons need some alterations in general, not a supplement for a specific subfaction.

As for the Order, there's a dance they have to play here. They both need to not do Martyred Lady, while still picking a popular order to make people want the book. Thus, most likely we'll see Argent Shroud next if they do a third supplement.

I think it's a bit questionable that they're giving the most powerful order more stuff, but that's outweighed to me by the fact that they're pushing beyond just their studio paint job choice, as until now it's basically only been Martyred Lady that get anything.

Yeah, I can certainly see both of those points. I wasn't even sure about OoOML as the first supplement- lots liked it because they were a low power faction, but they were also the faction that's received the most special characters and fluff attention throughout the years. And I say that as an OoOML player.

I really hope either the stuff they aren't showing is much better or that Paragon warsuits are going to see a decent points drop, because all we've seen so far only really benefits them. The warlord trait is pretty barf tier and the relic is only really useful if they include some way to damage our own units.

Just when it looked like every Sisters army was not going to be Bloody Rose, now they are going to be Bloody Rose again.:sad.:

I am happy for the Red Rose players, but I can still hope for some across the board content, or maybe even just one additional Stratagem for each Order. :biggrin.:

I admit though that I am surprised and pleased that this supplement was for an order other than Our Martyred Lady. I think that is very cool! :cool.:

Edited by Montford

• 3 weeks later...

Extra charge range on repentia and being able to shove a none dominion loaded rhino up the board pre-turn one whilst not flashy are useful. Assuming they fix the bit that stops Vahl being taken there are things there that a mono bloody rose list can make use of, it's just no crusher stampede.

Yeah, it's too bad the Sanctified is merely a keyword and not a defined rule in the same manner as Imperial Agents. 

If you just make something a keyword, you have to put the exception clause in every subsequent rule that references it. If they had made it a rule instead, it would would automatically apply in relevant situations unless there was text present that said it did not.

This was obviously a mistake, and I expect it to FAQ'ed relatively quickly. 

Even so, whether or not I decide I want this book will depend more on Goonhammer's review of its narrative content than this supplement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still scratching my head over a 2cp strat for a +1 to charge, locked to a buff character being within 6", in the command phase.

golly gee are they thinking?

The warlord traits and relics are mostly garbage. (Though the relic powersword is decent for a palatine since it's literally her only weapon choice) the other 2 are bad miracle dice generators. None of the warlord traits come close to the 2 BR was already taking.

Assuming it gets FAQed to work with sanctified some of the strats are good. Scout moving a rhino full 12" and letting retributors shoot on death are both solid, and in certain matchups the +1 damage on 6s to wound in melee could make repentia not hit entirely like wet noodles into -1 damage targets.

• 1 month later...

https://www.goonhammer.com/warzone-nachmund-vigilus-alone-matched-play-review/

The Bloody Rose rules are apparently average and locked (possibly erroneously) behind a detachment mechanic that does not allow for the use of Sanctified units.

They fixed that in the FAQ thankfully. Though the rest of the supplement is more along the lines of "here's some free stuff for the army you were already taking".