New Faction Secondary in White Dwarf

OldWherewolf

Saw this on Warhammer Competitive on Reddit (link).

FOR THE EMPEROR  (Purge the Enemy)

Score 1 victory point at the end of the battle round for each enemy unit that was destroyed during that battle round by an Astra Militarum unit from your army (to a maximum of 3 victory points per battle round)

Nothing special, but it looks to be something we can score ~10 consistent points on. 

The question I have is if the last model in a unit dies to morale, do we get credit or not (I always get confused on this).

Saw this on Warhammer Competitive on Reddit (link).

FOR THE EMPEROR (Purge the Enemy)

Score 1 victory point at the end of the battle round for each enemy unit that was destroyed during that battle round by an Astra Militarum unit from your army (to a maximum of 3 victory points per battle round)

Nothing special, but it looks to be something we can score ~10 consistent points on.

The question I have is if the last model in a unit dies to morale, do we get credit or not (I always get confused on this).

So the way it's worded, no. Morale would not count, because then it wasn't destroyed by a Guard unit, but by failing morale.

It makes it more restrictive than I first thought. Just kinda okay that way.

And it means we won't see a Codex for a few more months yet...but I guess we knew that already.

Edited by sairence

Really disappointed IG received a "Purge the Enemy" secondary.  What is more likely, you destroy 10-15 individual units or you destroy half as many vehicles/monsters.  It will have its use depending on your opponent, but I struggle to see it as a lock that you can build towards.  IG Desperately need scoring help due to how easily they give up kill secondaries and this sadly doesn't bridge the gap.

Maybe it is a typo and they meant to write:

FOR THE EMPEROR  (Purge the Enemy)

Score 1 victory point at the end of the battle round for each UNIT IN YOUR ARMY that was destroyed during that battle round for any reason (to a maximum of 3 victory points per battle round)