Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda Hive Scum

Necromunda: Underhive game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,058 posts

https://www.warhamme...with-kill-team/

Hive Scum

Bolster your gangs with four extremely expendable Hive Scum or get revenge on the major Houses of the Hive by forming an entire Outcast Gang. These versatile underhivers can form a gang of their own or join House Gangs as Hive Scum by being hired or through gang tactics and campaign choices, so it’s always worth having some spare scum to hand.

dYHyHiGKOkBgs0yy.jpg

Edit: anyone else just befuddled by the 4 man hive gang? Why is this even a thing?

Edited by Dosjetka, 28 January 2022 - 01:24 PM.
Split from other discussion, edited tag.

• Firedrake Cordova and Master Ciaphas like this

gallery_51296_10593_8492.pnggallery_94427_17329_1037.jpg
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Fiends of the Apocalypse

Cult of the Ochre Successor

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Legio Fuerans

Im guessing its gonna be like Ogryns and the "whole gang box" was a splash release? Handier for gangs just looking for a couple of scum but i suspect a lot more money to build a gang.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,058 posts
Just seems so odd with the 12 man box being available for fairly cheap, but the Slave Ogryn are a good point

Fiends of the Apocalypse

Widowmaker82

Widowmaker82

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts
  • Faction: Aeldari, Necrons

The exact same models can be used for the hive scum that any gang can hire. The weapon options for them are pretty much identical to those in the outcast gang.

They're not a very good option to purchase like that because they cost 30 credits plus weapons/equipment and only stick around for one game. However, there's quite a few other ways to use hive scum; gang tactics, boons from territories in campaigns, a couple of the alliances you can make with guilders/noble houses/criminals, probably a load of others.

Outside of the Outcast gang itself, most people will only need 5 hive scum and you can probably make do with just 4. I actually expect this is what they were designed for in the first place and the box of 12 (and rules for the outcast gang) came about afterwards in the overarching Necromunda design process as another way to sell them. I think that's what happened with the Slave Ogryn gang as well.

We just need a cool plastic Bounty Hunter kit now; a couple of bodies and loads of weapon/equipment options would be a great little kit.

• Firedrake Cordova, RedRowan and Antarius like this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,058 posts
Idk much about the actual game of Necromunda, so that’s makes a lick more sense. Really curious what the price for this will be
  • skylerboodie likes this

Fiends of the Apocalypse

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts
That seems kinda :cussty. I bet they’re going to raise the price per model

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,169 posts

Just seems so odd with the 12 man box being available for fairly cheap, but the Slave Ogryn are a good point

I think it’s because lots of people will be using them as hired guns, not as a gang. Sticking with the Ogryn example, I bought the two model box simply because it made more sense for me, as I would never use more than two. I guess this will be the same for many non-outcast players.

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,596 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: AT Fureans, AT Solaria

Presumably the 12 man box won’t be available for long.

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,777 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Price is £12.

Presumably the 12 man box won’t be available for long.

It sold out on the web store the day it went up for pre-release. :(

Edited by Firedrake Cordova, 17 January 2022 - 09:21 AM.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

That’s a crazy price for four basic models. Then I’ve never been that taken with the sculpts. They just seem uninspired compared to some of gw’s other characterful plastic sculpts.

• skylerboodie likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda: Underhive game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users