Chapter approved point changes January 2022 edition

exsulis81

IG player with the GW app found some other changes. Anyone here got the app and see any other SM/DA changes of note?

That's highly unlikely. GW update points / rules values in their App by pushing out an update. The last iOS update was 1 week ago for the Custodes/GSC codexes. I'd therefore expect the App to be updated in two weeks' time, in line with when CA2022 actually drops.

Just to be sure, I've gone through the DA datasheets in the iOS app, and all the points values are in line with CA2021.

Not a bad points drop but black knights are still way to fragile for there points and both flyers are mehh at best

Tanks are also still overpriced. I think both tanks and flyers are still paying for the sins of the Iron Hands in last edition.
In this edition, also. Iron hands was the most winning chapter in q3 and q4 2021 vehicles - heavier meta.

DA can't take stubborn defiance together with oath anymore. Thoughts?

I think the loss of the ability to take both is a bit of a hit but it shouldn't hurt too much given it's the same units you want doing both objectives. I've rarely seen both taken

Also less discussion of the 10pts drop for storm speeders. Do you tnink this reduction will make them finally be competitive?

Also less discussion of the 10pts drop for storm speeders. Do you tnink this reduction will make them finally be competitive?

Not really enough IMHO. At 20 points they might be worth taking but to me "competitive" means in the top 25% of units in a codex. Storm Speeders are still well away from that although the 5++ if you run them in a Ravenwing Detachment does make them at least viable.

Anymore rumored/leaked DA points changes? Or I guess Marines in general

I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping there's an adjustment to hb ABs. 60 for a MM AB is fair but 50 for a HB isn't. Edited by Vulshra