CA 2022 BA Discussion

Karhedron

Nice to see a few of our units getting discounts in CA. I wonder if the -2 ppm applies to Firstborn DC as well as Primaris?

q8Yr0d7OAP6kuOgb.jpg

Its interesting that they label it as just Death Company, so maybe it will hit all of them. But, I'm a little jaded and suspect it will just be for units they want to sell more of, so just primaris and their vehicles will get a points drop. Really hope i'm wrong though.

Well that's super exciting primaris DC are getting dropped in points. A squad now costs the same amount as a regular intercessor squad at current value. I like it. A unit of 10 in a repulsor, doesn't feel like such a point sink.

Going to be interesting to see what all changes we will be getting.

I agree, Primaris DC are now the cheaper than Veteran Intercessors, occupy the same slot, have Black Rage and have better stratagem support. I think I might have found a use for my Indomitus Assault Intercessors. :thumbsup:

I agree, Primaris DC are now the cheaper than Veteran Intercessors, occupy the same slot, have Black Rage and have better stratagem support. I think I might have found a use for my Indomitus Assault Intercessors. :thumbsup:

For sure. It's so many attacks, and they have such a good support system. I was already going to take a unit of 10. So yay!

They're still super vulnerable and die to a stiff breeze, though. They could have done with a 2+ save more than a 15pt drop - still worth checking out though. 

Same with the repulsor to be honest. I've heard so many stories of putting that big boi on the table, just to take him off after a single round of shooting. Super hopeful they get some TLC cause I kinda have three...

I’m happy about this!

I love the primaris Mephiston model and I converted up some primaris death company, so anything that helps get them on the table is good!

I mean, it’s probably not enough to become strong… but it helps!

It really just depends on what points level you are playing. At 1,000 points DC intercessors are one of the most feared melee unit in the game. Moving up to 2,000 I feel like jump packs are still better.

Regarding SM vehicles in general, BA Commander has recently made a video comparing Predator Destructor to DG Burst Crawler. Burst Crawler was used as a reference, because it's similarly costed and DG are generally considered "good but balanced". It was merciless... 

Yeah, I'd honestly go that -40pts across the board route if only points are to be considered. Otherwise SM non-dreadnought vehicles need a MASSIVE revamp.

EDIT: Mephy going down 15pts is just as it should be from the start.
DC - for the DC Intercessors that might be what they need, although they still have lots of competition in our elite slot. Really interested to see if firstborn will go down as well, which would be sweet!

Edited by Majkhel

Regarding SM vehicles in general, BA Commander has recently made a video comparing Predator Destructor to DG Burst Crawler. Burst Crawler was used as a reference, because it's similarly costed and DG are generally considered "good but balanced". It was merciless...

Yeah, I'd honestly go that -40pts across the board route if only points are to be considered. Otherwise SM non-dreadnought vehicles need a MASSIVE revamp.

EDIT: Mephy going down 15pts is just as it should be from the start.

DC - for the DC Intercessors that might be what they need, although they still have lots of competition in our elite slot. Really interested to see if firstborn will go down as well, which would be sweet!

I saw that video.

BA commander's input and group think tier list get too narrow minded sometimes, even from a competitive standpoint, I feel. However; the PBC comparison isn't wrong.

BA are a very bloated elite army. Which isn't bad with all the options out there! It's just some people think if you don't have 40 jump packs on the board your :cuss:

To be fair though, 40k is in a boot heavy focused meta currently.

Pretty nice that the points drop is for both DC infantry.

Sprues & Brews came up on my news feed and claim that the S.Ancient is also going down by 15ppm and Dantes gets a 10 ppm cut, but i haven't seen that tidbit shared anywhere else. Thoughts?

Dante is still mostly just a beat stick. 10 points helps a little but does not give him any new capabilities.

The Ancient sees occasioanl use, mostly to carry Wrath of Baal. I think 15 points will definitely make him look more interesting in that role.

Dante is still mostly just a beat stick. 10 points helps a little but does not give him any new capabilities.

But you don't have to use any CP to make him into that beatstick. You basically get artificer armor, a -1 to-hit, in addition to his warlord traits and you even get a CP refund for taking him and a free epic deed strat.

Sure, we can make a more potent beatstick, but if you wanted to make a very similar beatstick you'd be at a net -2 CP when compared to taking Dante (not including free the epic deed strat).

For further comparison, an alternate chapter master (made out of a captain) with a jump pack, relic blade, and inferno pistol is 165 and has -1 wound, -2 attacks, and a 3+ armor save, so if you want the qualities he brings to the table (chapter master, heroic bearing, jump pack, decent counter-charge, 2+ armor save) he really is a steal for what you're getting.

Edited by Paladin777

The thing is, you’d give that alternate chapter master a master crafted relic blade and push him to D 3. 2 damage is Dante’s major shortcoming at the moment.

I do agree with that. The Axe Mortalis really should be more than just a Relic Blade...

The thing is, you’d give that alternate chapter master a master crafted relic blade and push him to D 3. 2 damage is Dante’s major shortcoming at the moment.

I do agree with that. The Axe Mortalis really should be more than just a Relic Blade...

Yeah, I agree with that.

Maybe any unmodified successful wounds deal 2 mortal wounds instead. Dante would still mulch anything he could wound easily on his own without the +1 to wound, but then start to fall off the tougher the target gets.

That seems like a bit much... that would still put him at roughly 8 MW on the charge on turns 1/2 against most non-vehicle targets (Str 7) or 9 on turns 3-5. That would be ridiculous.

Its not too far from what he's doing already.

This is all assuming Assault Doctrine and Shock Assault are active, but no re-rolls.

Name / Target    / Damage current / Damage MW

Dante / T3/Sv5+/   11.102224         / 11.102224

Dante / T4/Sv3+/   9.248152592    / 10.71941718

Dante / T4/Sv2+/   7.394081184   / 10.34993837

Dante / T5/Sv3+/   9.248152592  / 10.71941718

Dante / T7/Sv3+/   5.551112        / 8.506969184

Dante / T8/Sv2+/   4.438224       / 5.911714368

Edited by Djangomatic82

You're forgetting about invul saves. It would make the axe Mortalis better than almost any weapon wielded by any infantry character against most characters in the game. I think either 3D or MW on a 5 or 6+ would be more appropriate.

The Axe Mortalis doing mortals would also nearly double his output against 1w models as mortal wounds carry over to other models, which would make it pretty ridiculous and would certainly require a price hike. I'd rather not have that hike...

Edited by Paladin777