Anti-Ghostkeel tactics?

ServoBadger

Brothers, I need your counsel.

I'm joining a Pariah Nexus Crusade with my Deathwatch and one of the other factions is new Tau. We're starting at 25PL and I'll be facing a Ghostkeel.

How would you kill this xenos abomination? It's T7 with a built in -1 to hit and cannot be targeted from outside 18". With the Sept it's from any attack of S7 or below is -1S and it has a 5+ FNP against attacks that are S8 or above. It has 12 wounds and a 12" move.

Vanguard Veterans with Hammers? I'm struggling to think of other options, particularly at 25PL.

Due to the range limitations I’m assuming your not going to have access to more complex units like termite drills (from now on I’m affectionately going to refer to them as mole pods).

Combat would seem to be your best option, for 115 points you can get a jump chaplin with fist, using the start you can have him use a litany then which would give +2 inches to him charge, if lucky they will place the ghostkeel near a solid wall you can hide behind when dropping in as well.

from there I would consider using a cp to give him a warlord trait and maybe a relic, problem with chaplains are is they can be squishy so you can either give him the weapon that’s d3 if with some vanguard or armour dominus that gives the 2/3+.

the extra wound and pushing to a 3 plus for 1 round will help.

if giving them a warlord trait you going to want to use paragon of their chapter and give them the trait that prevents overwatch or something that gives them more attacks which is likely BA or flesh Tearer territory,

Either way I hope my suggestion helps.

Thanks for the suggestions, which trait is it that prevents overwatch? That sounds like exactly what I need.

The warlord trait you want is Ravenguard, shadow master, he can’t be targeted by any overwatch which means no supporting overwatch either.

just remember if your soloing the model you need to kill it that round before it drops back in the following turn so you will want a 

I suggest painting a jump pack Ravenguard DW Chaplin, they have the advance and charge warlord trait as well so I often run mine to make my vanguard scary.

Another option as well is a jump pack Captain with terras teeth and shield but they won’t get the extended charge range like the Chaplin would.

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre

• 3 weeks later...