Wrath's Chaos Daemons

WrathOfTheLion

Howdy y'all,

I decided to start a small force of Chaos Daemons, picked up a few start collecting boxes (2 of Nurgle, 1 of Khorne) while those are still available, as well as a Beast of Nurgle and figured I'd start painting some stuff up before the Daemon codex comes out. Right now, I'm focusing on Nurgle and Khorne daemons kind of to pair at least thematically with the Death Guard and hopefully the upcoming World Eaters.

One question I do have is for when making the larger blobs of Plaguebearers/Bloodletters, do you normally take a banner and instrument per 10, or just one throughout the squad?

To start us off, I've just finished a Herald of Nurgle from one start collecting box, as well as the Beast of Nurgle that I picked up

f4qR6Zp.jpg

Some more images

NySjMU2.jpg

G5jczQ9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9kRy23f.jpg

Its 1 banner and instrument per squad in the current 8th ed 40k Codex and per 10 (for free) in Age of Sigmar so in a future 9th ed book who knows?

Yeah, I'm planning on also running Maggotkin in AoS. I have that book, but not the 8E Daemons book, which is really the source of the question, as they're free for Maggotkin.

I guess for now, what I'll do is just start two squads instead of the big blob, that should be the safest choice.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Its 1 banner and instrument per squad in the current 8th ed 40k Codex and per 10 (for free) in Age of Sigmar so in a future 9th ed book who knows?

Not disagreeing with the "who knows", but isn't it currently any number per squad in the current codex?  That said, given that there is no benefit of multiples in the same squad, it might was well be 1 each per squad.

Not disagreeing with the "who knows", but isn't it currently any number per squad in the current codex?  That said, given that there is no benefit of multiples in the same squad, it might was well be 1 each per squad.

Okay, so I have no incentive to really care about more than one per squad, even if they're free like in AoS.

I don't think there's anything gained in AoS either, it's just they're free so you might decide to.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Good to see more Daemons emerging into real space - you've got plenty of models to go so don't worry about too much right now the important thing is to get some basic squads done to start building on :) Looks like you're off to a good start here with a classic scheme and Contrast :tu:

Good to see more Daemons emerging into real space - you've got plenty of models to go so don't worry about too much right now the important thing is to get some basic squads done to start building on :smile.: Looks like you're off to a good start here with a classic scheme and Contrast :thumbsup:

Yeah, the contrast paints are working out really well for this kind of thing. I haven't really used them 'as instructed' before now, but I think this is the kind of job they really shine at. More importantly, I'm having fun with them as kind of more relaxing with a little less attention to detail in between some of the other things which require a bit more.

Got some Nurglings up next, have the other three also primed now and the basecoat done:

6o8c6I4.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little bit of progress on that and some other things, but mainly going to be working on some plaguebearers for the next vow for Anger and Arrogance

Got 10 primed to fill out a squad a bit more

fH5cFD5.jpg

• 6 months later...

Ahh I love Nurglings, adorable little chaps. Dont look too good painted brown though, wasnt one of my best ideas. Your Beast of Nurgle and Plague Bearers are looking great as well.