Thousand Sons 2k Competitive/Tourney

Xenith

I'm likely attending a team tourney in Feb, and now with Nachmund mixed Cults are dead, so I'm looking at either Time or Duplicity. 

Time is strong, and can work alone, however I'm unsure if Duplicity is strong enough solo - though my thought is for 1CP and a 9+ cast I can stil bring something back to life each turn, while Time can only ever teleport 1 unit with crystal.

Time List

+++ Thousand Sons 2000 Tourney - Cult of Time (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [106 PL, 9CP, 17 Cabal Points, 2,000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [106 PL, 9CP, 17 Cabal Points, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Cults of the Legion: Cult of Time

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Sorcerous Arcana [-1CP]: Additional Relics

+ No Force Org Slot +

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [7 PL, 2 Cabal Points, 120pts]: 23. Baleful Devolution, 33. Desecration of Worlds, Battle-psyker, Force axe, Inferno combi-melta

+ HQ +

Ahriman [9 PL, 3 Cabal Points, 180pts]: 11. Tzeentch's Firestorm, 12. Twist of Fate, 13. Doombolt, Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Sorcerer [8 PL, 3 Cabal Points, 135pts]: 12. Glamour of Tzeentch, 22. Weaver of Fates, Dilettante, Egleighen's Orrery, Immaterial Echo, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Umbralefic Crystal, Warlord

Infernal Master [5 PL, -1CP, 3 Cabal Points, 90pts]: 2. Seeker After Shadows, 21. Presage, 5. Glimpse of Eternity, 6. Malefic Maelstrom, Helm of the Daemon's Eye, High Acolytes

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [12 PL, 2 Cabal Points, 230pts]: Icon of Flame
. Aspiring Sorcerer: 21. Presage, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun
. Rubric Marine w/ soulreaper cannon: Soulreaper cannon

Rubric Marines [12 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 210pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: 23. Temporal Surge, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 9x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 9x Inferno boltgun

Rubric Marines [12 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 189pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Inferno Bolt Pistol

Rubric Marines [6 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 129pts]
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ warpflamer: 4x Warpflamer

Thousand Sons Cultists [2 PL, 50pts]
. Cultist Champion: Autogun
. 9x Cultist w/ autogun: 9x Autogun

+ Elites +

Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 150pts]: 2x Twin volkite culverin

Scarab Occult Terminators [21 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 425pts]
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: 23. Temporal Surge, Inferno combi-bolter, Rites of Coalescence
. 7x Terminator: 7x Inferno combi-bolter, 7x Prosperine khopesh
. 2x Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Soulreaper cannon + Hellfyre

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Spawn [4 PL, 92pts]
. 4x Chaos Spawn: 4x Hideous mutations
[/url]

Duplicity List

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [106 PL, 10CP, 14 Cabal Points, 1,975pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [106 PL, 10CP, 14 Cabal Points, 1,975pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Cults of the Legion: Cult of Duplicity

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Sorcerous Arcana [-1CP]: Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Ahriman [9 PL, 3 Cabal Points, 180pts]: 11. Gaze of Hate, 11. Tzeentch's Firestorm, 13. Doombolt, Disc of Tzeentch

Exalted Sorcerer [8 PL, 3 Cabal Points, 135pts]: 12. Glamour of Tzeentch, 21. Presage, Dilettante, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Master Misinformator, The Prism of Echoes, Umbralefic Crystal, Warlord

Infernal Master [5 PL, -1CP, 3 Cabal Points, 90pts]: 2. Fires of the Abyss, 2. Seeker After Shadows, 22. Weaver of Fates, 6. Malefic Maelstrom, Helm of the Daemon's Eye, High Acolytes

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [12 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 220pts]

Rubric Marines [12 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 183pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 6x Rubric Marine w/ warpflamer: 6x Warpflamer

Tzaangors [4 PL, 70pts]
. Twistbray: Tzaangor blades
. 9x Tzaangor w/ Tzaangor blades: 9x Tzaangor blades

+ Elites +

Helbrute [7 PL, 120pts]: Helbrute fist, Multi-melta

Scarab Occult Terminators [21 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 445pts]: 2x Hellfyre missile rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: 23. Temporal Surge, Inferno combi-bolter, Rites of Coalescence
. 7x Terminator: 7x Inferno combi-bolter, 7x Prosperine khopesh
. 2x Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Soulreaper cannon + missile rack

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Spawn [4 PL, 92pts]
. 4x Chaos Spawn: 4x Hideous mutations

Created with BattleScribe

Th goal with these is largely to get big units of rubes onto Objectives and hold them. SOT's stay in the middle and acy like a queen/sweeper, going where they're needed, or can relocate as needed. I'm prioritising presage over weaver as stuff can ignore invulns, and +1 to hit is pretty excellent with the SOT's, while +1save isnt so much - it only helps with AP-3 or better. 

Spawn are there as a distraction/tarpit if I can get weaver onto them.

I'm still torn between Ahriman reliability and points - I can get a triple casting exalted for a little cheaper.

Any thoughts on what can be tweaked? I might try and find 50pts to upgrde the hellbrute in list 2 to a volkie contemptor. Hellbrutes haven't done much for me, while the contemptor has. 

I have avaialble:

32 rubes + 5 sorcerers, 10 SOT's, can be 2x5, 2xmm hellbrute, plasma brute, maulerfiend, Ahriman+Disc, terminator sorc, 4x Spawn (can maybe add 5x more), Exalted sorcs. 

Edited by Xenith

What's the plan with the 10x Tzaangors in the 2nd list? I feel like either those or the Helbrute ought to go in favor of reinforcing the other. Drop the 'gors and you can upgrade your Brute to a Contemptor; drop the Brute and see about sourcing another 10 gors for a more resilient brick imo.

Ah, yea, I liked having a unit of cultists in there normally to do actions in my DZ - with big units of rubrics I really feel like I can't be doing actions as it wastes so much of the units abilities. I added tzaangor due to discussion on here, 20pts more for a 5++ and T4 seems ok, and they might double up as a tarpit if needed.

TS is really tricky, ~50pts gets you 2 rubrics, 2 spawn, a unit of cultists, etc.

You think it's work upgrading to the contemptor over just adding more rubrics?

I'm really tempted to try MSU. It'll bleed Abhor the witch points, but it'll improve my ability to do secondaries no end.