Unit of the Week: Sorcerer in Terminator Armour

Wolf Lord Loki

Better protection and slightly expensivier than a Plaguecaster. Problem is this unit don't have a default modern plastic model which fit nurgle style well. Conversion from a blightlord may be the only route.

I would agree with this. One of the issues I have with our unique characters is the singular weapons choice.

While it might be more expensive I can tool this guy up to accompany my blightlord (or whoever) and be as good as them.

Characters like my plaguecaster or tallyman I wouldnt want to get too close to the action. But a terminator psyker with all the options available I would definitely consider getting stuck in!

Do people have go to spells for different units or just a favourite generic spell?

I prefer the plaguecaster for the extra mortal wounds and less points. I don' tgink the added protection gives much - if they get caught out in the open then both units are dead.

I do see some merit in deep striking with some termies/deathshroud for a combo of getting contagion range where you need it - deathshroud champ with chimes + gift of plagues spell gives you 12'' contagion range so you might get some more effectiveness from the gaunlets or maybe weaken the toughness of a backfield T8 unit so your entropies wound on 3s? Also if your opponemt doesnt screen well you might get a sneaky smite into a backfield target.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad Psyker, but just out classed, in my opinion, by the plague caster. I like a Sorc Lord in termie armor for normal Chaos, but not really for the Deathguard, given our other options.

It would be neat to get a plague caster unique model in termie armor though.

Edited by Marshall Mittens

Not a bad Psyker, but just out classed, in my opinion, by the plague caster. I like a Sorc Lord in termie armor for normal Chaos, but not really for the Deathguard, given our other options.

It would be neat to get a plague caster unique model in termie armor though.

He should be in diseased terminator armor like every other terminator in the DG codex (4++ not 5++).