You know you've played too much 40K when...

The Yncarne

You know you've played too much 40K when...

You want to move through cover and ask yourself:

• is it -2 movement
  • half M distance
  • roll 2d6 pick the highest

You want to shoot some models near a wall. When do they get the cover bonus?

• touching the wall
  • 1" within the wall
  • 2" within the wall

You want to shoot some models in cover. You have to stop and ask "which happens again?"

• you subtract one from your hit roll
  • your opponent gets a cover save

It usually hits me the first few games of a new edition.

What moments make you think you've been playing this game too long?

…you long for the days when a humble warrior squad could glance a Land Raider to death

…you’re still in love with assault cannons because Rending was fun and it was A Good Weapon that could threaten nearly anything

…you remember when scarabs were a threat to anything with an armor value

‘Gee, I’d like to find a 3rd Ed rulebook and play a game of that, that sounds like it’d be fun’

…you sincerely think that VP scores should be in the range of soccer or hockey scores and not basketball.

I suspect the reason I’m tempted to get into Horus Heresy is because it has a lot of mechanics I miss, now that I think about it.

Or when I'm using the petrol strimmer to tidy the hedges and am quoting Dawn of War space marines.

I feel this in my bones, haha!

Edited by Azekai

When I still find 3" and 5" pie plates hidden away around the house, and sigh wistfully at the thought of using them again...

Or when I'm using the petrol strimmer to tidy the hedges and am quoting Dawn of War space marines.

While not space marines my nephew and I still randomly shout "Stop for no-one!" at each other. For some reason in one on the DoW expansions the Imperial Guard Kasrkin would yell this every five seconds or so and it settled into a running joke.

When I still find 3" and 5" pie plates hidden away around the house, and sigh wistfully at the thought of using them again...

Or when baking, you realize all the pies/ tarts are either 3' or 5' inches after you put them on the cooling rack. MFW

When you look at random packaging and see how it could be used to make terrain. Then hoard said material and not doing anything with it for a long time. Its like being Smaug, but instead of gold its random garbage. :teehee:

Hello yes mods I'd like to report a murder, the victim is m--oh wait, I'm a mod! :P

I picked up the Guide to Making Wargames Terrain at a HPB with the intent of actually building things. Guess who has not built a single thing out of that? Whatsoever? It me. 

• 2 weeks later...