SoT book 7: Echoes of Eternity - Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Ubiquitous1984

The lore about two people talking about the founding of the inquisition is from a text break out box in the Inquisition rule book.

I’ll see later on if I can find the exact quote etc

Yeah the Inquisition game rule book, the 4 founding members argue over the course to take regarding the Emperor and split. Was solid stuff.

The lore about two people talking about the founding of the inquisition is from a text break out box in the Inquisition rule book.

Yeah the Inquisition game rule book, the 4 founding members argue over the course to take regarding the Emperor and split. Was solid stuff.
Who are the Four again?

I know Kyril Sindermann and Moriana are two. Maybe a Sister of Silence is the third.

EDIT: Those Hive Cities should be all ruined and almost all the inhabitants dead

Edited by Moonreaper666

Who are the Four again?

I know Kyril Sindermann and Moriana are two. Maybe a Sister of Silence is the third.

EDIT: Those Hive Cities should be all ruined and almost all the inhabitants dead

This is long before that :)

I completely quit social media in 2017 (unless you count work-mandated WhatsApp, Discord with my Discord chums, this place and Goodreads as social media) because I think it's much more harmful than it is good. Or rather, it doesn't work for me (and many others, it seems). So every month or two I check in to ADB's Twitter, as a lurker of course, and see he still hasn't posted anything, and it's genuinely great to see

Very excited for the book. I was hoping for a Black Legion 3 namedrop though :oops:

Edited by Bobss

If ADB finished writing book 7 last September, I wonder how much of book 8 Dan has written so far?  It could be pretty much finished, if not already in the bag?

I suspect its done yeah. Plans seems to have been to release book 7 in the first half of the year, with Abnett's book 8 at the end of the year, we will see if all if this happens but I strongly suspect Abnett is done or nearly done. He's been working on this book for quite some time as I recall.

My guess, based on that article and the hardcover release date, is we’ll get a simultaneous LE/hardcover release in September.

Edit: in less selfish news, it’s absolutely awesome that ADB is still doing great! Happy for him.

You do get that feeling because the book was finished last year already and ADB has no idea when it comes out in the next few months.

Its still possible the LE releases in June of course, together with the launch of Heresy 2.0, it would seem logical. And June would be 3 months ahead of the regular release like they used to do.

I'm glad he's doing better. Like Bob I was kind of hoping he would say anything about Spear of the Emperor, or BL3, so perhaps these are not forthcoming this year after all.

Edited by Taliesin

I believed at first that it was being held back for a simultaneous release with HH 2.0 but that seems too much available cash spread over too many items at once, which could affect GW sales potential (and profit).  So now I’m in the simultaneous LE/HB release in September camp.

Good to see confirmation that ADB is doing fine.  Now get back to work! :rolleyes:

Yeah my money is also on a Sept 22 simultaneous LE/HB release of this.

Then if Abnett really has split book 8 into two (was this ever actually confirmed?) then 2023 will see both released maybe 6mths apart followed by the announcement of The Scouring series (lol, maybe just as your wallet was about to sigh with relief)

i would love a Scouring series, but expect they'll go back and focus on unification instead, based on Nick Kyme's previous indications/preferences

Unification of Terra? I'm afraid that would be too much behind the curtain for me. Valdor was perfect, and did enough for me in that regard.

i would love a Scouring series, but expect they'll go back and focus on unification instead, based on Nick Kyme's previous indications/preferences

Unification of Terra? I'm afraid that would be too much behind the curtain for me. Valdor was perfect, and did enough for me in that regard.

Yep, exactly. I'd much prefer the Scouring personally.

The trick with the Unification Wars or before is to give us just enough of a glimpse of the past to better understand the present (from 30k-41k) but not ruin the mystery of things which is what Old Night/Age of Strife etc should stay as.

I wasn’t too keen on the idea of the Scouring but it has grown on me the more I’ve thought about it. Huge potential there if handled right.

As for this book I’m pretty excited. Time for Sangy to shine!

The Scouring series could have possibilities. There are definitely some stories we know don't get resolved in the Siege.

Fall of Caliban

Iron Cage

Battle of Espandor. I would like to see Abnett to provide some sort of closure to the Alpha Legion arc.

Some stories from the post-heresy era have already been such as Abaddon taking control of the Black Legion, the Rubric of Ahriman etc

The Scouring series could have possibilities. There are definitely some stories we know don't get resolved in the Siege.

Fall of Caliban

Iron Cage

Battle of Espandor. I would like to see Abnett to provide some sort of closure to the Alpha Legion arc.

Some stories from the post-heresy era have already been such as Abaddon taking control of the Black Legion, the Rubric of Ahriman etc

I wouldnt want it to be a series. Call it a setting, and play into those events, but I feel 'series' attempts, have just reflected poorly on the finished product when its across multiple authors.

I look again at the Primarch books, Valdor and Luther, (VALDOR, I love that book) and thats really all we need.

Even what was advertised as a focused product, the Siege, has been anything but.

May we return to the topic now?

Think we had plenty of "what setting I'd like to see" brainstorm.

If not, there's certainly a fitting thread waiting to be revived. ;)

Well well!

Much like Warhawk was released early by independent retailers in Australia, it looks like Echoes has also been released early in the USA!

A member of the facebook Black Library Nutters group has shared a picture of his copy of the new book, picked up from an unnamed American independent store.

So if you’re in the States it might be worth a phone call to your local stores to see if they have a copy.

I don’t know how to share the image of the book here but it’s on the Black Library Nutters community page if you want evidence. The same person also has a copy of the unreleased inferno: The Emperors Finest too.

Edited by Ubiquitous1984