Rise of the daemons (crusade)

Hathor42

Greetings fellow servants of the dark gods. My store is starting a casual crusade and I've decided on taking daemons.

I was thinking of trying to build up a tetrigon of darkness from the old apocalypse rules (all four gods in one army), but don't want to go disciples of belakor as I dont have belakor and I want to use greater daemons.

I'm planning to start with Slaanesh (cause I really like the keeper) and one other god and slowly build up from there.

What god do you guys think works well with Slaanesh and what would be a fun start at 50 power level?

I have a lot of Slaanesh and Tzeentch as well as some nurgle and khorne already.

Welcome to Daemons! The Keeper is a great model you'll enjoy it, though it isn't a quick one for it :tongue.: I'm not sure how well a mixed god army works currently as you suffer drawbacks for it unfortunately. That said, there's not a great deal of Stratagems to use so multiple Detachments may be viable? Hopefully the updated codex whenever it comes can correct this.

In the meantime, a core of Daemonettes is a good start but they are sadly not very effective (outside of catching bullets?). Keepers are very dangerous but fragile, so be sure to check out the Exalted options to give them a boost. I always give mine the 4++ bonus which makes all the difference compared to a 5++. Daemon Princes are good too, but Daemons are an HQ heavy army as they rely on auras a lot so you may be juggling options there.

Fiends are more great models and effective on the table top too so are well worth adding to your Slaaneshi forces. They ramp up the speed to 11 (ok, 14" technically) which can buy you vital time and give you precious reach (as you have all but none from ranged weapons). As I mentioned it's all about the auras, so get used to making the most of them and you can do quite well. Even opponents who know the rules can still be caught off guard by just how fast Slaanesh daemons can move.

As for the first addition to Slaanesh, I'd go with Tzeentch as it adds something a little different. It also gives you a little bit of ranged options, and they're a bit more durable with their 4++ too.

Don't forget to keep us updated with pictures :thumbsup:

I think its a good time to start chaos daemons. We will propably get a new codex this year and to gather a mix of intersting and fun units is perfect. I also agree with you, the greater daemons are great. All of them look good.