Anger and Arrogance - Event

TrawlingCleaner

gallery_94427_17329_6063.jpg

The Runes have been cast and sacrafices have been made. The Warbands of Chaos and the Hosts of Aeldari March to war!

Greeting Denizens of the Warp!
As you will have probably seen from this announcement in the NRBA forum, we're running a Chaos and Aeldari Joint event in the build up to codex releases. Each Vow you complete will be added to your factions total, as well as subfactions you complete vows for.

To get down to Brass (:wink:) Taxes, the rules are as follows:

• As long as it has a 40k Power Level, it can be Vowed - This includes Legends Units as long as they have Power Levels
  • You may Vow for these Subfactions: Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Chaos Daemons and Lost and the Damned (Chaos Knights and Renegade Guard)
  • Vowed units can be any amount of models. Partial units will still count their full Power level
  • You need to provide a photo of the unit/s when starting the Vow and once the Vow is complete
  • You can Vow units you've not yet built but we need to see the sprue in the photo
  • Vowed units cannot be painted any further than a spraycoat to start the Vow (sprayed black, silver, grey etc)
  • Models must be painted to your own standard, basing is optional but everything needs 3 colours minimum
  • You may Vow for both Chaos and Aeldari however whichever faction you vow first for is the faction your Powerlevel goes towards. Anything you paint for the second side is not counted. For example, I vow for Craftworlds first and then Chaos, anything I paint for Chaos is not scored.
  • You can Vow for any of the included forums any amount of times but you cannot get more than one "Most painted" awards. You must complete the previous Vow before Vowing again
  • You won't lose your side points for not completing Vows, however unfinished units will not count towards the total

An Example vow would look like this:
I, TrawlingCleaner, vow to complete: 1 Warpsmith, 5 Chosen and 1 Forgefiend, for a total of 17 Power Level by May 16th
(Photo of vow)

Each Participant can add one of these Badges to their signature if you've completed a Vow for that subforum:

CSM Part

DG Part

TS Part

Daemon Part

LatD Part

As mentioned above, there will be additional Badges awarded for those who paint the most per-subfaction as well as the hard working Frater that paints the most for Chaos as a whole :biggrin.:

The event will run from today (16th February) until 16th May 5PM GMT. You can start painting as soon as you've vowed.

If you've got any questions at all, please drop me a PM :smile.:

I will update Vow totals here for each Frater, each Subfaction's total and will also update the Faction as a whole's total

Vows made:

Valkia the Bloody - 47PL

WrathoftheLion - 17PL

Iron Inspirit - 51PL

tinpact - 21PL

Plaguecaster - 11PL

Thrall_Love - 12PL

Marshall Mittens - 263PL

WarriorFish - 27PL

Slave to Darkness - 4PL

Metzombie - 38PL

Silas7 - 5PL

Vesalius - 59PL

sitnam - 10PL

TPS - 22PL

Torbenos - 10PL

Plague_ Lord - 33PL

Teetengee - 7PL

conscriptboris - 22PL

gaurdian31 - 13PL

Dr_Ruminahui - 15PL

Tallarn Commander - 14PL

nusphigor - 40PL

Brother Kraskor - 44PL

Muskie - 1PL

TheWillTheWay - 8PL

Vows Completed:

Plaguecaster - 11PL

WrathoftheLion - 17PL

Iron Inspirit - 51PL

WarriorFish - 27PL

sitnam - 10PL

Valkia the Bloody - 47PL

Plague_ Lord - 12PL

Dr_Ruminahui -15PL

gaurdian31 - 13PL

Vesalius - 32PL

Metzombie - 38PL

Brother Kraskor - 44PL

Tallarn Commander - 14PL

Teetengee - 7PL

Muskie - 1PL

TPS - 22PL

tinpact - 21PL

Silas7 - 5PL

Subfaction Total:

Heretic Astartes: 197PL

Death Guard: 172PL

Thousand Sons: 44PL

Chaos Daemons: 19PL

Lost and the Damned: 38PL

Vowed Total: 799PL

Completed Vows Total: 638PL

Vows not counted towards Faction total:

Brother Argent - 19PL

Halandaar - 5PL

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

You should extend the end date untill we actually get any info on when the chaos dex is comming - I for one will not build my new chosen untill I know what they can equip and I know a lot of other people feel the same :) This gives us chaos lads a little disadvantage, not that we are not accustomed to it ;)

I am going to join to add strength to the armies of Chaos. :D

I, Valkia the Bloody, vow to paint 5 Night Lord Terminators, 1 Night Lord hero and Fabius Bile and his Igor (total of 18 power level) for the greater glory of the Dark Gods.

I know, all my miniatures have a guide coat over the undercoat, but as you can see in my Night Lords thread, this will be totally overpainted. This just helps my old and tired eyes when I do painting. :p Hope this still counts.

I might extend the vow, depending on how motivated I am with finishing more of my Night Lords pile of shame.

Chaos-vow.jpg

You should extend the end date untill we actually get any info on when the chaos dex is comming - I for one will not build my new chosen untill I know what they can equip and I know a lot of other people feel the same :smile.: This gives us chaos lads a little disadvantage, not that we are not accustomed to it :wink:

If we get a more solid idea on when the Chaos Codex is dropping, we'll take a look at extending the event. If it's further out than a month of the end date, we'll leave it as is and who knows, maybe the Chaos Mods would look at a Chaos forum event :thumbsup:

I know, all my miniatures have a guide coat over the undercoat, but as you can see in my Night Lords thread, this will be totally overpainted. This just helps my old and tired eyes when I do painting. :tongue.: Hope this still counts.

I might extend the vow, depending on how motivated I am with finishing more of my Night Lords pile of shame.

Chaos-vow.jpg

Welcome Brother Valkia! The first Vow for Chaos!

That's not a problem for the first Vow, if we could get clean plastic/spray undercoat for future Vows that would be fantastic! :biggrin.:

Arf, just started some Daemon stuff yesterday that makes it now invalid... I got some trim started on a sorcerer that I might just nuke it all back down to black later if that works, I mixed up batches of paint to use for black legion gold anyways vs the balthazar those pieces of trim are currently.

I, WrathOfTheLion, vow to complete: 1 Cypher, for a total of 4 Power Level by May 16th

For the Heretic Astartes

(I assume Cypher counts since he's in the CSM codex)

9WvePIF.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Welcome WrathoftheLion, I'm looking forward to seeing Cypher painted up! You don't see many around, maybe that's because he's rather sneaky :thumbsup:

I'd do something else, but I'd just started two squads of CSM for some Red Corsairs like last week, so those are off the table as I'm not starting over :teehee:

Another question, does something that's a solid color from an airbrush count as spraycoated? I've got a couple deimos rhinos that are sprayed gal vorbak red on top of primer, but with no details done yet.

The primer has chipped a bit anyways, so I'll still have to give them brush coats of gal vorbak on top of it anyways.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Another question, does something that's a solid color from an airbrush count as spraycoated? I've got a couple deimos rhinos that are sprayed gal vorbak red on top of primer, but with no details done yet.

The primer has chipped a bit anyways, so I'll still have to give them brush coats of gal vorbak on top of it anyways.

That would be acceptable, yes :smile.:

Of course I must over-devote myself to the cause. I devote MORE Elite Chosen:

Theres actually 20 of them total, the other 7 just werent set for the pic yet. 

20 chosen = 24 PL

Welcome Iron Inspirit! A mighty Vow indeed!

Huh, guess it was serendipitous I had these guys laying about.

I, tinpact, vow to complete: 3 Myphitic Blight-haulers, for a total of 21 Power Level by May 16th

sbYpDHo.jpg

Edited by tinpact

Hi, I have a question:
I am planning a dark mech/chaos army based on an Iron Warriors splinter warband to start working as soon as i get the eldritch omens models but for the narrative for my Dark Angels i also have a Fallen project with my 30k models.
May I submit both projects as one vow (heretic astartes) or would they count for two different factions?

I mean more for project goals, as this is always what dictates what I do - I never care about points either :tongue.: I have some CSM ideas/plans but I'm feeling that a Daemonic reward and treat might be on the cards... will see what the dark gods have in store for me :smile.:

Hi, I have a question:

I am planning a dark mech/chaos army based on an Iron Warriors splinter warband to start working as soon as i get the eldritch omens models but for the narrative for my Dark Angels i also have a Fallen project with my 30k models.

May I submit both projects as one vow (heretic astartes) or would they count for two different factions?

If they've got a 40k Power Level, you can absolutely Vow them. On the Fallen + Iron Warriors front, they would both count towards Heretic Astartes and would be absolutely fine in the same Vow. :smile.:

Hi, I have a question:

If they've got a 40k Power Level, you can absolutely Vow them. On the Fallen + Iron Warriors front, they would both count towards Heretic Astartes and would be absolutely fine in the same Vow. :smile.:

Many thanks mate!

Then i'll have to start planing the vow as soon as i can.

I Slave to Darkness vow to complete 2 Fiends of Slaanesh for a total of ? power level for the glory of It who Thirsts... 

No idea what the power level is, dont have a copy of the Chaos dex here atm. Ill upload before picture later when I can find the minis, they are still boxed up somewhere from when I moved house.