Anger and Arrogance - Event

TrawlingCleaner

gallery_94427_17329_6063.jpg

The Runes have been cast and sacrafices have been made. The Warbands of Chaos and the Hosts of Aeldari March to war!

Greeting Denizens of the Webway!
As you will have probably seen from this announcement in the NRBA forum, we're running a Chaos and Aeldari Joint event in the build up to codex releases. Each Vow you complete will be added to your factions total, as well as subfactions you complete vows for.

To get down to Brass Taxes, the rules are as follows:

• As long as it has a 40k Power Level, it can be Vowed - This includes Legends Units as long as they have Power Levels
  • You may Vow for these Subfactions: Craftworld Eldar (Ynnari), Dark Eldar and Outcasts (Including Harlequins, Exodites and Corsairs)
  • Vowed units can be any amount of models. Partial units will still count their full Power level
  • You need to provide a photo of the unit/s when starting the Vow and once the Vow is complete
  • You can Vow units you've not yet built but we need to see the sprue in the photo
  • Vowed units cannot be painted any further than a spraycoat to start the Vow (sprayed black, silver, grey etc)
  • Models must be painted to your own standard, basing is optional but everything needs 3 colours minimum
  • You may Vow for both Chaos and Aeldari however whichever faction you vow first for is the faction your Powerlevel goes towards. Anything you paint for the second side is not counted. For example, I vow for Craftworlds first and then Chaos, anything I paint for Chaos is not scored.
  • You can Vow for any of the included forums any amount of times but you cannot get more than one "Most painted" awards. You must complete the previous Vow before Vowing again
  • You won't lose your side points for not completing Vows, however unfinished units will not count towards the total

An Example vow would look like this:
I, TrawlingCleaner, vow to complete: 1 Autarch, 5 Rangers and 3 Shroudrunner jetbikes, for a total of 12 Power Level by May 16th
(Photo of vow)

Each Participant can add one of these Badges to their signature if you've completed a Vow for that subforum:

CWE Part

DE Part

Quin Part

As mentioned above, there will be additional Badges awarded for those who paint the most per-subfaction as well as the hard working Frater that paints the most for Aeldari as a whole :biggrin.:

The event will run from today (16th February) until 16th May 5PM GMT. You can start painting as soon as you've vowed.

If you've got any questions at all, please drop me a PM :smile.:

I will update Vow totals here for each Frater, each Subfaction's total and will also update the Faction as a whole's total

Vows made:

Dosjetka - 6PL

Dwango - 154PL

Halandaar - 105PL

TrawlingCleaner - 45PL

Nemesor Tyriks - 69PL

mithrilforge - 12PL

The Blood Raven - 83PL

dice4thedicegod - 83PL

Iron Father Ferrum - 29PL

Urkh - 12PL

01RTB01 - 14PL

ThePenitentOne - 3PL

Prot - 76PL

Dread - 37PL

Brother Argent - 21PL

Snazzy - 5PL

9x19 Parabellum - 12PL

Jack Burton - 42PL

Xenith - 6PL

Vows Completed:

Halandaar - 143PL

dice4thedicegod - 71PL

TrawlingCleaner - 45PL

The Blood Raven - 89PL

Prot - 53PL

Dwango - 154PL

Jack Burton - 42PL

Urkh - 12PL

mithrilforge - 12PL

Brother Argent - 21PL

Snazzy - 5PL

Subfaction Total:

Craftworlds: 477PL

Dark Eldar: 102PL

Outcasts: 53PL

Total Vowed: 852PL

Completion Total: 670PL

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Seeing as Eldar are my primary focus for the foreseeable future, it would be rude not to join!

Quick question; is there a cap on the total number of vows you can make (like in ETL)? Or can I just keep vowing new units each time I finish one? 

There aren't any caps on the total number of Vows, you can Vow as many times as you like :smile.:

Seeing as Eldar are my primary focus for the foreseeable future, it would be rude not to join!

Quick question; is there a cap on the total number of vows you can make (like in ETL)? Or can I just keep vowing new units each time I finish one? 

There aren't any caps on the total number of Vows, you can Vow as many times as you like :smile.:

And I presume that one must finish a vow before making another? Also, just to be clear, may I make a vow with Drukhari models?

And I presume that one must finish a vow before making another? Also, just to be clear, may I make a vow with Drukhari models?

Apologies, I should have made that clearer. You have to finish a Vow before moving onto a new one and you absolutely can make a Vow with Drukhari models :smile.:

I've made it clearer now in the Rules above now too :biggrin.:

Great! In that case:

I, Dosjetka, vow to complete 10 Drukhari Wyches worth 6 PL by 16th May 2022.

gallery_45765_17338_7080.jpg

Once I've picked up my sprues from the club, I'll post a "before" picture. :thumbsup:

Edit: Picture added.

Edited by Dosjetka

Yes, yes and yes. Definitely partaking. Just painted 3 wave serpents and on with an avatar now! Sadly its too far on to vow for this event.

I, Dwango, vow to complete: 10 wraithguard for a total of 19 Power Level by May 16th

sml_gallery_141590_15861_717912.jpg

Welcome Brothers Dosjetka, Dwango and Halandaar! Dos, you were the first Vow of the event! Maybe you'll be the first comepletion too :thumbsup:

Aeldari are storming out of the gates so far!

Is there a limit to the number of vows we can do in total?

There's no limit to the amount of Vows you make or for the factions you Vow for as long as you complete the previous :smile.:

I’d like to take part as I do have a Eldar conversion count as army that I have been meaning to work on since last year. I just have been pushing back the start while waiting for the codex. So subject to that, and mod approval for the count as/conversion being acceptable for B&C (they are a bit far from 40k - I have already asked a while back, just need to submit some actual conversion sample pictures once I have gotten that far)

On a tangent, are Aeronautica Imperialis planes allowed? The big 40k scale versions have power levels.

Edited by Trokair

On a tangent, are Aeronautica Imperialis planes allowed? The big 40k scale versions have power levels.

On the Tiny Planes and also Tiny Titan front, it's a no unfortunately. While the 40k scale versions have PLs, the size difference would be a bit unfair to those potentially painting the same thing just way bigger :sweat:

Hopefully your conversions get the O.K and you can join in on the event, Trokair! :smile.:

Is there a limit to the number of vows we can do in total?

There aren't any caps on the total number of Vows, you can Vow as many times as you like :)

:)
Guess I shouldn't post first thing after waking up! I'll make a vow when I get home, I am gonna be painting a ton of Eldar anyway

I vow to paint by May 16: 10 Rangers, 6 Shroudrunners, 1 Farseer (converted), 1 Wave Serpent, 5 Wraithguard, 5 Warlocks, 12 Fire Dragons. I think that is probably best totaled to 69PL. You could do the Warlocks as individuals and the Fire Dragons as two squads of 6 but I think it'd be more reasonable to count the Warlocks as a Conclave and the Fire Dragons as one squad of 7 and one of 5 for the sake of being sporting.

IFShSf6.jpeg

jkrZxVe.jpeg

Edit: I'm tired, my math may be off

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

I Mithrilforge,

Vow to complete  1x Death Jester, 1x Troupe Master & 1 x Solitaire - For a Total of 12 Power*

On or Before May 16th.

(Pictures will be added tomorrow.)

Mithril

*  - I grabbed these Numbers off the Net so if this is incorrect please let me know as I don't have the Harlequin's Codex.   

I can confirm the PL is correct.

These rules seem super open, but I am going to ask. I have my own craftworld (craftworld etruria), but I am also painting my friend's dark eldar (in exchange, he is building me a wartable). I feel with these rules I can vow both sides, and they would both count for eldar, yes? If so, I'll come up with a vow soon.

These rules seem super open, but I am going to ask. I have my own craftworld (craftworld etruria), but I am also painting my friend's dark eldar (in exchange, he is building me a wartable). I feel with these rules I can vow both sides, and they would both count for eldar, yes? If so, I'll come up with a vow soon.

Absolutely, here's the rules you're after on factions and subfactions. You can even Vow for Chaos afterwards if you want to :thumbsup: 

You'll need to Vow for either Craftworlds or Drukhari first and the when that Vow is complete, Vow for the other :smile.: 

• You may Vow for these Subfactions: Craftworld Eldar (Ynnari), Dark Eldar and Outcasts (Including Harlequins, Exodites and Corsairs)
  • You may Vow for both Chaos and Aeldari however whichever faction you vow first for is the faction your Powerlevel goes towards. Anything you paint for the second side is not counted. For example, I vow for Craftworlds first and then Chaos, anything I paint for Chaos is not scored.
  • You can Vow for any of the included forums any amount of times but you cannot get more than one "Most painted" awards. You must complete the previous Vow before Vowing again