Official B&C sanctioned loot thread

Blindhamster

Simple solution!

An official B&C sanctioned “loot” thread. Event miniatures and other exclusives only. Everything has to go through goods & services PayPal, same as the Facebook group. Can’t request more than value of mini plus postage.

Simple solution!

An official B&C sanctioned “loot” thread. Event miniatures and other exclusives only. Everything has to go through goods & services PayPal, same as the Facebook group. Can’t request more than value of mini plus postage.

Pretty sure the staff have laid out that they don't want to have to police aftermarket transactions, but hey i'm sure most of us can play nice.

Simple solution!

Pretty sure the staff have laid out that they don't want to have to police aftermarket transactions, but hey i'm sure most of us can play nice.

they could "hire" a mod or two specifically for the thread, ultimately it would be no different than the FB group - the forum accepts zero responsibility for any transactions, dont use due dilligence at your own risk, always use goods and services, always agree to tracked delivery, etc etc. Could easily have a requirement for having been a long standing member to be able to be a "procurer" of said exclusive minis (i.e. if someone joins the server and offers to get stuff, the post should be shut down/deleted or whatever).

Mostly just thinking, its a topic that appears whenever exclusive models appear that people can't get, the forums been a community a long time.

Hey i'm not knocking it but it is what it is. Doubtful someone would run a "shop" like that if they couldn't make a small profit unless someone is feeling altruistic and happens to be at the shop.

happens all the time on the FB group, people regularly post if they're going to events and offer to pick things up, have used it myself a number of times over the past few years. Important thing is that it shouldn't be thought of as a shop, no profits to be made, but no costs incurred either (seeing as you only offer to get other people an exclusive thing if you're going anyway, and you recoup the value of postage and model(s) requested).

But yeah, I don't really expect the mods to go for it, but do think it would be a viable option to have here seeing as it works on the FB group.

Anyway yeah, I think he's a cool model, I'll try and get him either by going to an event later in the year (warhammer fest, if it happens) or via the FB group. I only play casual anyway, so won't be an issue on the rules front.

Hey i'm not knocking it but it is what it is. Doubtful someone would run a "shop" like that if they couldn't make a small profit unless someone is feeling altruistic and happens to be at the shop.

Well the whole point of the Facebook group is that nobody is out to make a profit, and more people than otherwise would be able to get the limited items they are after without overpaying on eBay. It's been running for a couple of years now and has seen hundreds (maybe thousands?!) of successful trades. Yes it relies on people going to a store/event in the first place, but with over 5000 members people go to stuff quite often, and all over the world too so if you are in the US for example, you can usually find somebody over there who can get what you're looking for rather than having to pay shipping costs for people to buy and send from the UK.

The rule in that group is you can only charge the face value of the model, the exact amount payable for postage to the buyer and then 4% on top which covers your Paypal fees (because you must use Goods & Services, not Friends & Family, so the buyer gets some protection). You send them the money to buy the mini up front so they aren't personally out of pocket, so effectively they are acting as your proxy at the store/event and buying the model on your behalf. I've personally bought and sold on there before and it's always gone smoothly.

Edited by Halandaar

We won't be doing this per our normal sales/trades policy.

What you can do is utilize the + Events + forum. If anyone wants to offer buying event exclusive miniatures (or other swag) to members, you can post your intent in the discussion for that event and then other members can contact you via PM.

The reason it was suggested was the people lamenting being unable to use the facebook group for various reasons, providing a means to do it here would have been helpful. I personally have access to the facebook group so doesn't affect me much either way.

You've missed my point. There are ways that you can do it here already, so we're not going to create a forum solely for this purpose. The existing forum and methods of communication are (or should be) sufficient. The B&C won't get involved in the economics of it all, though, leaving such issues up to the participating members.

People should just join the Facebook group then there’s no problem at all then. I only use Facebook for that and my gaming club. Nothing else. No friends on there, don’t like any pages and keep it minimal as possible. That’s what I suggest if your not into Facebook like myself. 

I’ve used the group quite a few times and I’ve not had a bad experience ever. The admin root out the bad eggs and if you pay with good and services on PayPal your covered with your transaction.