+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VIII +

Dosjetka

I, Cleon, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templar to complete Sword Brother Gerhard, tithed to the Deathwatch and sworn to lead the watch fortress Bladeguard by 24th April 2022.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Shield is only blu-tacked on for ease of painting, so no worry if it's not quite straight yet.

gallery_56701_17274_63550.jpggallery_56701_17274_29838.jpg

I, Khornestar, vow in the name of the genesire Rogal Dorn and the honor of his crusading sons, the Black Templars, to complete Brother Artin, Castellan of Chrysaetos Keep, and Brother Tigran, Marshal of the Ararat Crusade (and a second Castellan below in edit, so 2 Castellans total) by April 24th, 2022. The XVII Legion seeks to destroy the planet and erase the past, but they must get through the blessed sons of the God-Emperor first (1x Marshal, 2x Castellan):

X4kqECk.jpeg

A8US9gD.jpeg

Sniping in a 3rd mini, Brother Aleksan, Strategos of Chrysaetos Keep. This is a rank amongst the Sword Brethren, serving as a junior officer to the Castellan:

1ZZlaOs.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

I, sarabando, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, The Emperor, the people of Terra, and all those who hold fast to their oaths of loyality in these dark times. To my brothers of the Imperial Fists  to complete

2 tactical support squads (rotor cannons and meltas

1 assault squad

1 Warmonger in terminator armour

2 Centurion one with jumppack and one without. 

1 centurion Terminator armour

1 forge lord in terminator armour

1 librarian in Terminator armour. 

nEKZT0N.jpg

by 24th April 2022.

I have an idea, but .... Soul Drinkers, Yay or Nay?

Yay for spidey legs!

I, Nusphigor, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Black Templars to complete an Emperor's Champion by 24th April 2022.

(Small vow because my mind has been jumping between projects lately and I need to focus on small goals)

med_gallery_49745_11474_321558.jpg
Edited by nusphigor

Hello folks,

Just wanted to pop in and apologise for my absence here over the past few days: real life caught up with me and I've been very busy. I'll be sure to get this thread up to speed and post an update by the end of the weekend. :)

Thanks for bearing with me, take care!

beep: acknowledge incoming comms relay - reinforcements will be requisitioned...

I, brother tycho, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the imperial fists to complete two devastator squads by 24th April 2022.

20220227 055848

Edited by brother tycho

Well I’ve finished half my vow!

The Emperor’s Champion is one of my favourite sculpts in the range and was a joy to work on.

51907943665_9005085d11_c.jpgBlack Templars Emperor’s Champion

51907631419_e8e99f3e7a_c.jpgBlack Templars Emperor’s Champion

51907631424_2c653a8203_c.jpgBlack Templars Emperor’s Champion

Next up for the Templars will be the Redemptor Dreadnought!

I, Officio Medicae Attaché Asbestress, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the defiant Seventh to complete five Line Legionnares of the Imperial Fists, and an objective marker of a fallen brother, by the 24th of Quantus.

Paint Event 1

The objective marker will feature a mostly intact, barely alive Legionnare, along with dead Imperial Army troops. The Officio can only tend to the wounded, not the dead, but we do not have access to the equipment of the Legion's Apothecarion, so unless we get support, (I find the bits necessary to make the Marine look alive) the Legionnare will have sadly passed away by the time pict footage of the completed model is taken.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Asbestress

Finally managed to free up some time for this!

First off, a warm welcome to all the folks who have decided to join the Expansion since my last proper update: it's good to have you along for the ride. :D

Next, congratulations to Grotsmasha and Metzombie who have already completed their first vow! I'd very much like to see you both tackle a second one, if you have the models and time for it. :tu:

Last but not least, the post with the participants list has been updated and I'm now ready to keep up with regular updates and (hopefully) progress of my own!

Thank you for bearing with me, folks. :)

By Dorn, my vow is finished!
The transfers are currently missing, but I won't be able to get any for the foreseeable future, perhaps if the Heresy box comes with a few spare.

IF Objective Marker

Veteran Sergeant serving since the Great Crusade (mostly grey pre-finding Dorn paintjob)
Poor lad took shots to both his shoulders (curse you small gap between the body and shoulder pads!), and got cleanly cut in half.

Note the early production Mk. VII torso and yellow arm.
He is still technically alive, but as seen by the (very) light green corrosion on the bronze/gold parts, he's been there a while holding on to that auspex (he is an objective marker after all...)

20220309 153830

20220309 153846

20220309 153851

20220309 154014

Squad of five, with a Vexilla and a Veteran Legionnare acting as Sergeant (the one with the red bolter and chainsword)

20220309 154040

The yellow isn't that vibrant, it's just the camera.

Another three completions: excellent! :D

Currently digitally kit-bashing, and I'm close to having something workable. If all goes to plan, I'll have something to show by the weekend. I have some backup prints in case my idea doesn't work out.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

VOW FINISHED!

Yes! Finally I can complete a vow in the last 2 years XD

*snip*

Congratulations! Great work on the paint job. :tu:

Can we expect to see a second vow from you?

Great work nusphigor!

I’m happy to report I’ve finished my vow!

*snip*

Thanks.

Nicely done, Jud! Got any more Templars to paint? :D

By Dorn, my vow is finished!
The transfers are currently missing, but I won't be able to get any for the foreseeable future, perhaps if the Heresy box comes with a few spare.

*snip*

Very nice objective marker and unit of Imperial Fists. :tu:

Now, how about painting the other half of the box? :P