+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VIII +

Dosjetka

Very nice objective marker and unit of Imperial Fists. :thumbsup:

Now, how about painting the other half of the box? :tongue.:

Ah, thank you!

Sadly the other five have already been done up as SoH, and as I have no other unpainted Marines, this shall be the extent of my contributions.

VOW FINISHED!

Yes! Finally I can complete a vow in the last 2 years XD

*snip*

Congratulations! Great work on the paint job. :thumbsup:

Can we expect to see a second vow from you?

Thank you brother. I don't know if i'll be able to.

Right now i'm painting my Dark Elves for a Blood Bowl league that starts this saturday and i also have a lot of things to do before painting another of my 40k minis :/

That's why I only entered brother Javo here, as attonement for not being able to complete last year's sons of dorn expansion and this year's knightfall 

congrats to those with a finished vow already, and keen to see progress from Dosjetka's desktop - thanks for getting this event happening again dos.

thought id share some tinkering around on shields toward my vow, wouldnt want to overuse counters/shields but a few for interest might work out

med_gallery_80881_12688_1295501.jpg

I, andes, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Captain in Gravis Armour by 24th April 2022.

I declare my vow complete!

http://i.imgur.com/vgXzHDol.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LLgfVmml.jpg

Edited by andes

I usually end up jinxing myself when I enter something like this, but I want to get some minis painted so here we go.

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Brothers of the Palatine Sword to complete a squad of five neo-terminators by 24th April 2022.

For Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

Current progress:

uhJP8JA.png

Still finalizing the leader but here is the most recent pics of him:

X7SVf2Y.png

Going with a shield on the left hand and having some troubles with the getting everything lined up and looking good.

8azaZvi.png

Very nice objective marker and unit of Imperial Fists. :thumbsup:

Now, how about painting the other half of the box? :tongue.:

Ah, thank you!

Sadly the other five have already been done up as SoH, and as I have no other unpainted Marines, this shall be the extent of my contributions.

Fair enough, it was nice to have you onboard for a bit. :tu:

VOW FINISHED!

Yes! Finally I can complete a vow in the last 2 years XD

*snip*

Congratulations! Great work on the paint job. :thumbsup:

Can we expect to see a second vow from you?

Thank you brother. I don't know if i'll be able to.

Right now i'm painting my Dark Elves for a Blood Bowl league that starts this saturday and i also have a lot of things to do before painting another of my 40k minis :/

That's why I only entered brother Javo here, as attonement for not being able to complete last year's sons of dorn expansion and this year's knightfall

No problem, we all have other priorities and I'm glad you could join us even if just for a bit. :)

Thanks Dosjetka!

I’m planning on a Chaplain on bike next.

Probably won’t make it official as I have to get my Krieg ready first.

Understandable; thanks for joining us for a bit. :D

congrats to those with a finished vow already, and keen to see progress from Dosjetka's desktop - thanks for getting this event happening again dos.

thought id share some tinkering around on shields toward my vow, wouldnt want to overuse counters/shields but a few for interest might work out

*snip*

Cor, they look fantastic already! Look at that yellow! And the kitbashing. :wub:

I've been busy with Necromunda models and games lately but will have to pivot over to my Templars soon if I don't want to fail my vow (which isn't an option!).

I, andes, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists to complete a Captain in Gravis Armour by 24th April 2022.

I declare my vow complete!

*snip*

Fantastic work, andes, and congratulations on completing your vow! Anything else in store for your Imperial Fists?

Brother Gerhard completed, along with the angel on each shoulder also kitbashed from the Primaris Crusader sprue.

*snip*

The Sword Brother looks solid, Cleon. Congrats on completing your vow! Any more Sons of Dorn planned for your Deathwatch?

I usually end up jinxing myself when I enter something like this, but I want to get some minis painted so here we go.

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Brothers of the Palatine Sword to complete a squad of five neo-terminators by 24th April 2022.

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion and cracking conversion work already, BCK! Any ideas for their colour scheme?

*snip*

My cat decided to eat his head so project is on hold while I source another head for him. Not fishing in poop.

So in his place I will do a Crimson Fists Captain.

*snip*

Shame about the cat attack but at least the current state of progress looks good and you have something else to work on. :tu:

The Sword Brother looks solid, Cleon. Congrats on completing your vow! Any more Sons of Dorn planned for your Deathwatch?

Thanks, not at the moment, I got all my initially planned Deathwatch done over the last couple of years so they aren't a priority for more work this year, but when that sword brother sculpt came out I had to have him, so he inspired the Bladeguard squad. I'm probably going to add another couple of squads/killteams eventually but not quite sure what yet.

Here's the current sons of Dorn roster

Dorn

One Brother of the Imperial Fists
One Brother and one Dreadnought of the Crimson Fists
Three Brothers of the Black Templar
One Brother of the Emperor's Warbringers

I, Slave to Darkness, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Knights of Lazarus to finish my test mini I have been playing about with. Thought I may as well enter this to give me the kick up the rear I need to finish it, (I started it nearly 2 years ago).

med_gallery_75911_17374_62279.jpg

Try to the style of my DIY Chapter, The Star Leopards, arriving late and throwing themselves in over their head I Brother Argent vow to complete Strike Force Eliah of the Star Leopards for the Sons of Dorn Expansion. Although of the 13th Cursed Founding the Star Leopards clam Dorn as their gene-sire and evidence lends credence to their claim (as well as lend doubt to the theory but we wont mention that here)

Strike Force Eliah consists of:

1 Primaris Lt.

5x Intercessors

5x Helblasters (some needed a slight repaint, the Sgt needing his base and marking done)

1x Ironclad Dreadnought

gallery_36568_17249_52982.jpg

Sorry for the grainy pic...

I must withdraw my vow, accept the shame etc. Have personal and family health issues that were making it difficult, and now impossible. Glad to see others making progress and finishing their vows.

Once again, it's been a hot minute since my last update: please excuse me for this. :sweat:

I, Slave to Darkness, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Knights of Lazarus to finish my test mini I have been playing about with. Thought I may as well enter this to give me the kick up the rear I need to finish it, (I started it nearly 2 years ago). 

*snip*

Welcome to the Expansion, StD! You model looks particularly and fittingly knightly; what kind of colour scheme do you have in mind?

Try to the style of my DIY Chapter, The Star Leopards, arriving late and throwing themselves in over their head I Brother Argent vow to complete Strike Force Eliah of the Star Leopards for the Sons of Dorn Expansion.  Although of the 13th Cursed Founding the Star Leopards clam Dorn as their gene-sire and evidence lends credence to their claim (as well as lend doubt to the theory but we wont mention that here)

Strike Force Eliah consists of:

1 Primaris Lt.

5x Intercessors

5x Helblasters (some needed a slight repaint, the Sgt needing his base and marking done)

1x Ironclad Dreadnought

*snip*

Sorry for the grainy pic...

Nice to see your familiar handle around these parts, Argent. :) Welcome to the Expansion!

I must withdraw my vow, accept the shame etc. Have personal and family health issues that were making it difficult, and now impossible. Glad to see others making progress and finishing their vows.

No problemo: real life always takes priority. Come back to us next time and good luck with the issues you're dealing with. :)

My 3D printer just wasn't onboard with this project. The digital kitbash failed four times, in different places, but in places it had previously printed :wallbash: so I resorted to traditional kitbashing for the waist and up.

I, Grotsmasha, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Soul Drinkers vow to complete 1 Librarian by 24th April 2022.

gallery_48988_6285_81091.jpg

I, Magistrix Remiosa, pledge my bothers to the cause, to begin my Crusade in earnest to take back Imperium Nihilus! 

I vow 5 Assault Intercessors of the Magisters of Iron chapter. In addition, I vow Captain Deimos (Indomitus captain) to lead them alongside his mentor Arctirus Farahn of the Imperial Fists (Fafnir Rahn). 

These battle brothers shall join my spearhead and get me further to a complete Crusade force. For Humanity and for the future's foundation, we fortify!

Sons of Dorn Before 1

A bit late, but determined to contribute to the challenge and redeem my failure from last year!

I, Mr. Oddity, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn and the Fists of Olchis to complete a demi-squad of Intercessors by 24th April 2022.

SOD Expansion VIII vow