+ Painting event: Sons of Dorn Expansion VIII +

Dosjetka

Happy easter everyone. I’ve managed to get this dev squad sorted, enjoyed being able to break out some red for a sergeants helmet, trying out some miniature chain during modelling, and having a go at zone mortalis style bases. Luck to everyone in bringing something in toward their vows – and cheers again Dos for another good honest imp fist painting event. More pics of these marines in my WIP thread ‘project 100’ if your interested.

gallery_80881_12688_620784.jpg

Starting to feel the relentless march of time myself, asking myself if I had to vow quite so many (to me) things in one go. While have done the vast majority - I got the sword brothers done, and all of the neophytes and crusaders are progressing nicely... but then there's that merry band of automatons belonging to Grimmy that aren't even assembled yet.

With a BIT of time to spare, I have completed my vow. Again, I did not do as much as I had hoped, but I am working on getting my focus and progress up. I certainly haven't been idle...just everywhere. So while there are still Space Marines to paint, this will be it for now. 

Here are my 5 Assault Intercessors, my Indomitus Captain, and Fafnir Rahn...who  is just a super rad model. My Imperial Fists scheme is very basic, not sure I really do them justice, but I appreciate the gritty and grimy idea. Either way, he and the others are complete! 

Group Done

Captain Done

Rahn Done

Scrapping in at the last minute my vow is done! As well as the original models pledged (Caestus Assault Ram, 5 Tactical Marines, 10 Heavy Support Marines, and a Aegis Defence Line) I picked up Fafnir Rann a little while again, so I have added him in as well. Really happy with these and it brings my army to 4K in total (at some point I will get pictures of it all together) and this means it is done. Just in time for a new edition to invalidate half of it…

Anyway enough of the chat, here are the pictures which is all anybody really wants to see!

gallery_33945_4970_495635.jpeg

Fafnir Rann and the Tacticals

gallery_33945_4970_683366.jpeg

Heavy Support and the Aegis

gallery_33945_4970_129785.jpeg

Caestus Assault Ram (such a beautiful model, really hope they rerelease it)

gallery_33945_4970_254745.jpeg

And everything all together.

really enjoyed taking part and love seeing everybody else’s models, thanks people!

I'm afraid I must admit defeat Fraters.

My vow is incomplete:

I finished Rann:

KfuRsee.jpg

ixxOwR6.jpg

s36mOIb.jpg

28bZDqI.jpg

I finished the Land Raider:

tP7Cxog.jpg

3Kg7Wpd.jpg

fdjh535.jpg

AejAW43.jpg

But sadly, I could not finish the Templar Brethren in time. This is as far as I got with them:

e9vC4cM.jpg

ZwZA1L4.jpg

wqNUIrc.jpg

pmGB1x7.jpg

I was unable to finish the Helmets, swords and backpacks :sad.:

Still, it was an honest effort and I enjoyed having some motivation to get them painted :smile.:

Edited by MARK0SIAN

Regrettably I have failed in my mission. The 24th is upon us and I am in no way done with what I set out to do.

I am including below some pictures to prove that I have not been wholly idle during this time.

Grimaldus and Retinue (No progress)

Hidden Content
Before:

med_gallery_65134_15160_100482.jpg

Retiune still on sprue.

Swordbrethren (mostly done)

Hidden Content
Before:

med_gallery_65134_15160_84662.jpg

After:

med_gallery_65134_15160_132567.jpg

med_gallery_65134_15160_48747.jpg

med_gallery_65134_15160_49827.jpg

med_gallery_65134_15160_27201.jpg

Crusaders (bit of progress)

Hidden Content
Before:

med_gallery_65134_15160_19869.jpgmed_gallery_65134_15160_25543.jpg

After:

med_gallery_65134_15160_429520.jpg

I must now embark on a crusade of penitence.

I am happy to report that my vow is successfully completed! While there are some elements I will revisit in the future (washes, decals, extra detailing) my demi squad is tabletop-ready and I'm satisfied with how my first painted minis have turned out. Thank you to Dosjetka for starting this event to give us all some inspiration to put brush to model.

20220424 222012

Edited by Mr. Oddity

Hello folks, sorry for disappearing for a hot minute there. :sweat:

First of all, congratulations to andes, Asbestress, Brother Argent, brother tycho, Cleon, Grotsmasha, Jud Cottrell, Magistrix Remiosa, Metzombie, Mr. Oddity, nusphigor, spinitron, and Wolf Guard Einar for completing their vow(s)! Thanks to you we managed to hit a 50% completion rate which is solid! You may now add the folowing banner to your signature and/or profile page. :tu:

300x100 pixels: gallery_45765_12339_43435.jpg

33x100 pixels: gallery_45765_12339_2281.jpg

As a special accolade for Metzombie who managed to complete three vows, here is banner fit for a champion that you may use. :tu:

300x100 pixels: gallery_45765_12339_22060.jpg

33x100 pixels: gallery_45765_12339_1087.jpg

Next, comiserations to all who didn't manage to complete their vows: life can be tough at times and there's no shame in not being able to dedicate time to your hobbies, though I hope you're all well and will get the opportunity to relax with some hobby time soon! :)

Last but not least, thanks to everyone for participating, for your patience during my frequent absences, and I look forward to organising the next event in the not-too-distant future. :D

• 7 months later...