500-2000pt Kroot League Lists

Tawnis

New slow grow league is coming up in a few weeks and I'm bringing my Krootsade back into the fray with their (and subsequently the Tau's :happy.: ) shiny new codex. So the league is broken down into 8 rounds, 2 games at 500, 2 at 1000, 2 at 1500, and 2 at 2000. Like before, I'll post the various lists I'll be using and how the matches go as the league progresses. What I learn from them and how to improve future games and lists as we go. Also, always happy to hear thoughts and feedback from the community. 

Kroot 500pt Batallion Detachment, Dal'Yth Sept

HQ

Kroot Shaper with Ka'Chak'Tarr (Relic) and Grenade Belt. 25pts. 

WT: Master of the Hunt

Kroot Shaper with Shaper Rifle and Ritual Blade. 25pts.

WT (1cp): Pack Leader

Relic (1cp): Borthrod Gland.

Troops

30 Kroot Carnivores: 180pts.

Elites

6 Krootox Riders: 150pts.

Fast Attack

20 Kroot Hounds: 120pts.

Total 500pts, 30PL.

So the plan, much like it was in the last league is to hit hard and fast while clamping down on the objectives. We're just a little more flexible with it now. The entire army now has the 7" pregame move, and with advance and shoot pult Ap-1 and wound 1 re-rolls from Mont'Ka, we'll be able to easily get into the midfield and lay down a lot of small arms fire with the Carnivores.

The Hounds can pretty easily get in to melee turn 1 with their 7" pregame move, 12" actual move, and 3D6 pick the two highest charge from Pack Leader gives them an average effective range of about a whopping 28". They can tear up light infantry, or tie up large vehicles with poor melee abilities. If they are not countered right away, they can easily pressure the opponent's backfield objective on turn two.

If the opponent has more multi-wound infantry, I'll have the 6 Krootox in the front to fight with their large melee buff and have 10 carnivores in the back on objectives, otherwise, I'll have two Krootox hang back and keep the larger quantities of bodies and small arms fire up front. 

First game will still be several weeks away, but I'm really excited for the new dex and wanted to put this up now. :biggrin.:

Edited by Tawnis

Just waiting to see the report on what happens when you bring 200 Kroot to your 2k point game. It is going to rival the legendary 200 Guardsman list!

I wish I had that many, even so I quite liked the hybrid lists I was playing around with last time. 500 and 1000 will be all Kroot and 1500 and 2000 will be a mix of both Kroot and Tau. 

• 4 weeks later...

First round is finished with the Kroot duking it out with a Custodies army once more. It was a close game that provided quite a few tactical conundrums, so I had a blast. 

He ran a Blade Champion, a Venerable Contemptor Dreadnaught, 3 Custodians with Sword and Board, and a single Allarus Custodian. We played Display of Spiritual Might from the new Nachmund book, which I know is supposed to be for Incursion, not Combat Patrol, but it seemed to play fine to me.  

He put his terminator in Deep Strike, put his Dread on one side, and the rest of his units on the other. I focused most of my units on away from the Dread an resolved to try and ignore it as best as possible for the match. He took the secondaries: Assasination, No Mercy No Respite, and Stand Vigil. I took Decisive Action and Banners, but there really wasn't a good third option (really missing the mission specific secondaries as that is often what I would take.) I settled on To The Last and hoped that at they very least (making that my two 3 man Krootox units and a unit of Carnivores), I just could keep those key units away from him if things turned sideways. I was really hoping to go second so that his forces would have to split up and I could pick them apart, but it was not to be.

Turn 1:

So I was left with a tough choice to make here, if I didn't swarm him turn one, I would give up much of the board control and would allow him to contest the midfield easily, however, if I did swarm him in his zone, it would be against both his Blade Champion and his Custodians together, rather that picking them apart piecemeal. I settled on the charge popping my gland (after doing some careful measuring to make sure I'd just be in range after they charged) and, moving everything up the table leaving only my TTL squad of Carnovires back with my Warlord to banner the back objective and putting one off to the side where his Dread was to take that objective. In shooting, I managed to take out one of his Custodians and then send the doggos in. Both hounds made that charge easily, and thanks to the 3D6 pitch the lowest, my carnivore unit on that side got in too. (I needed to feed more bodies to the shield captain and thought that I could contest the back objective by falling them back onto it the next turn if need be. I lost 8 carnivores and 6 hounds, while taking 1 wound off the custodies, and 2 of the 8 wounds off his buffed champion. 

For his turn one, he moved up his Dread into the center and flamed my carnivores while trying to make a 7" charge to connect with my Krootox instead. (I figured he'd go for the easy objective, but he thought denying me 10 VP and getting a character kill would be more worth it.) He failed both the charge and re-roll and was bogged down for a turn. In combat, only seven hounds went down after some unlucky rolls from his champion and I plinked another wound off his champ and shield boys for good measure.

Turn 2:

I fell back my Carnivores and last seven hounds onto his backfield objective and pulled back my Krootox and shaper until they were just barely in range of the objective. I also put my injured carnivore squad behind some terrain that kept them obsured form part of the board , but still tagging the west objective and bannering it up. In shooting, I plinked 2 more wounds off the champion with Ka'Chak'Tar, bringing him down to 3, but little else. 

On his turn, I realized I hadn't screened quite as well as I'd thought and he snuck his terminator in a perfectly sized terminator gap between my two large carnivore squads. Some shooting took out a few carnivores as well as one of the Krootox dying to the Dread's flamer. In assault, the guard killed the carnovires and 4 more hounds in the backfield, but I did manage to get one more wound off and reduce his unit to only one. The Termi chopped up most of the carnivore squad on the west objective and the last two ran away to failed Ld. The Dread also finally charged in killing 2 of the 3 Krootox in one of my units. 

Turn 3:

I was sweating pretty good at this point. I was well ahead on score, but fast running out of models and took a good few minutes deciding where to go next. After some careful measuring, I advanced up my Warlord and last Carnovire squad right into the terminator's face. I fell back my Krootox from the Dread, bringing him just into range of the objective my Warlod had just abandoned. I moved my other Krootox and shaper in the opposite direction, but still keeping them just in range of their objective. Then, I finally caught a break with my shooting. My Warlord one shot the terminator with her relic which was fantastic. The Krootox took 2 wound off the Blade Chamption and my other Shaper just managed to plink the last one off with his Shaper rifle. Now with him down to two models, I felt like I'd managed to stabilize. 

On his turn 3, his Dread chopped up the last two Krootox and Shaper in the midfield and his Guard finished off the last of the hounds.

Turn 4: 

I basically just hid. My last Krootox rand behind some cover in my backfield near the objective, and my Warlord took cover near the midfield one. I moved up my Carnovire squad to get a line on his shield boy, thinking I might be able to contest in on turn 5. 

He broke my expectation and ran off of both the objectives (still getting used to send player scoring at the END of turn 5 XD). The guard shot and charged my carnivores, killing 6 of them, and the Dread flamed my Warlord to death. I used some of my banked CP to auto pass their morale. 

Turn 5: I went away from the objectives to make him choose between points or chasing my units and he went with the optimal route of more-less both. His dread got onto an objective and still managed to flame my Krootox to death, while the guard chased down my carnivores, killing all but one, that I used my last 2 CP to auto pass, saving me 5 VP. 

At the end of the match, I'd kept him off Primaries for most of the game, and denied him any VP from Stand Vigil, while managing to just squeak in 5 from my long shot To The Last. Final score was 76 to 48 for me, thought he game was much closer than that score makes it sound. If I hadn't taken out BOTH the Blade Champion and the Terminator on turn 3, I think he had a real shot of pulling it back. Taking on his melee blob with mine seemed like a big risk at first, but I did tie them up long enough to make the difference so it worked out well. I'm looking forward to when my dogos will get to jump something that's not crazy strong in melee. :D 

Hope that was interesting for you all, next round will be in a couple weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just wrapped up game 2 against AdMech last night, we played Cleanse the Land from Warzone Nachmund. 

He ran a Skitarii Marshal, 10 Skitarii Rangers, 5 Sicarian Infiltrators, 1 Sydonian Dragoon, and 1 Skorpious Disintegrator. 

I took the same secondaries as last time again, Decisive Action and Banners like always, and To The Last again as once more I didn't see anything else having the potential to net me more than 5 points and I figured I could probably keep at least one of the three units alive. He took Uncharted Sequencing, Assasination, and Grind them Down. 

He spread his units out to two sides of his deployment zone, with his tank in the back right and his Dragoon behind it to move on the right corner objective. He put his skitarii and his marshal to the left side, while forward deploying his infiltrators onto the left objective. I put one unit of hounds and Krootox on the center right to deal with the tank, and a unit of carnivores to grab the middle objective, I hung back a shaper and another unit of Krootox to hold and banner the backfield, while the other two carnivore squads and the hounds set up on the left with my other Shaper. 

I rolled first turn and once more the exceptional reach of the army just trivialized the small board we played on. The two carnivore squads on the left moved up on the Infiltrators, the hounds, towards the rangers, and the rest into the center of the board. He had a 3" move with the rangers and backed them up, but it wasn't enough space. 

Turn 1: The carnivore units on the left surrounded the Infiltrators and the hounds got within 2" of the rangers. The Shaper stood in between them so he could buff them both. The other unit of hounds and Krootox closed in around the tank, and the last unit of carnivores set up on the midfield objective. The backfield Krootox stayed put to be close to the shaper who was bannering the objective. In shooting, The center Krootox took 4 wounds off the tank while the other Krootox killed two of the Infiltrators. The two squads of carnivores on the left shot the remaining Infiltrators off the board while the other squad and the shaper took down 4 Rangers. In the charge phase, the hounds finished off the rangers and ate them for a 5+ FNP. The Krootox and the other hounds connected with the tank and brought it down to 4 wounds after loosing a few hounds to overwatch. 

Despite the game being a foregone conclusion already, my opponent was a great sport about it and went out swinging. His marshal came out from some cover and took on the hounds, while his Dragoon came around to back up the tank. The tank didn't' kill anything in shooting this time (he was in Conqueror Imperative turn 1 after seeing my pre-game moves), and my hound made it's FNP save against the Marshal's pistol. The marshal took out three hounds in close combat before being eaten, and the tank crushed one under it's treads. The standout though was the Dragoon who used Chain-Taser protocols rolling a 3,5,6,6 for a whopping 10 hits, even with my T5 he inflicted 7 wounds, for 14 damage, killing my whole squad of Krootox in one attack. 

Turn 2 was the end though, I shot his Dragoon off the board then charged everything into the tank and finished it off, though he did auto explode it and take 5 more models down with it. Final score 92-13. He took 5VP away from me by killing the Krootox, while simultaneously gaining 3VP from that same kill since they were the only ones in range of his turn one Uncharted Sequencing objective. 

The weaknesses of the small table size really show in match like this, and it reminds me of how crazy the 1000 point games are going to be which are on the same small board (am I even going to be able to fit everything in my deployment zone?). While the Kroot's ability to be in their face so fast is really thematic for an army that specialized in ambush tactics, it's really punishing when an army can't come close to weathering the storm on turn 1. That being said, had the situation been reversed, I could have seen things being a lot more even. Those Sicarian infiltrators were easily within charge range themselves had he gone first and he could have easily charged multiple Kroot Carnovire squads, killing most of them on any kind of decent roll. The tank and the rangers thinning numbers would have really helped too, though I feel like I probably could have still pulled it out, just in a much closer match. I get why the table sizes are they way they are, but I really wish they were larger and could add more tactical positioning/movement. 

I love my Kroot to bits, but I'll probably play something different in the next league. My opponent was a great sport, but I'd rather play an army that can't win by the end of the first turn. (Though perhaps that is merely because of the small table and point size that early kills matter so much more, we'll see how things go in the 1000 point games in a few weeks.) 

Edited by Tawnis

• 3 weeks later...

Just wrapped up game three, a VERY close game against Black Templar. I'll get into the details in a moment, but I wanted to go over the 1000 point list first and the modifications I had to make to it. I had ordered a pair of Great Knarloc's online to be used in this league so that even if one got focused down, I'd be able to do something with them, but sadly they still haven't arrived yet. So while my original fallback was to just toss in my Knarloc Riders to compensate, I had already done that in the last league and found that my Great Knarloc being the only big model would get shot off the board turn one. So I pulled a little Tau firepower in the form of a Ghostkeel to hopefully soak some of that anti-tank fire so I could actually do something with my Great Knarloc. Without further ado, here's the list:

999 Points, Dal'Yth Sept

1 Ethereal on Disk with Marker Drone: 75pts

WT: Unifying Influence 

1 Kroot Shaper: 25pts

WT: Master of the Hunt

Relic: Ka'Chak'Tar

1 Kroot Shaper: 25pts

Relic: Bothrod Gland

6x10 Kroot Carnivores: 360pts

3x2 Krootox Riders: 150pts

1 Ghostkeel with Fusion Collider, Fusion Blasters, Flare Launcher: 185pts

19 (10/9) Kroot Hounds: 114pts

1 Great Knarloc: 65pts

Total 999 points. 

As I mentioned, I was paired against Black Templar and we played on the mission Surge of Faith. He ran Grimaldus, an Emperors Champion, 5 Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles, 5 Hvy Intercessors with Executor Bolt Rifles, 5 Sword Brethren, 4 Centurions with Flamers and Hurricane Bolters, and 3 Eradicators with Melta Rifles. The secondaries I took were Decisive Action, Banners, and Assasinate since Grimaldus would give up so many. He took Stranglehold, Grind them Down, and Bathe your Blade in the Blood of Your Foe. (Challenging his Emperor's Champion to kill my Ethereal.) I rolled the first turn and pre-game moved almost everything up into the midfield.

Turn 1: 

I learned my lesson against charging near characters in my match with the Custodes, but I had to take some ground. I moved around to keep everything 18" away from his army while moving two carnivore squads just close enough to the midfield objective on his side of the table to tag for both a banner and Surge of Faith. My Ghostkeel took out one of the Centurions, and some other small arms fire took down a Sword Brother, but all his stuff was in cover, and with Armour of Contempt and nerf to Mont'Ka, I wasn't getting much past the ceramite. Though I did also manage to deal 1 mortal to the Emperor's Champion with the Kroot Relic Sniper.

On his turn 1, he moved up closer to threaten charges next turn, but kept most of his army still in cover. The centurions however moved up, torching a full squad of Carnivores and killing another 8 from a second squad with their hurricane bolters. I auto passed their morale so I could soak overwatch with them next turn. He also took out one of my Krootox and took 4 wound off my Great Knarloc while not managing to wound the Ghostkeel. 

Turn 2:

I popped my Bothrod Gland and moved in for some melee on the right flank. Positioning my Knarloc and the remnants of both my Krootox and Carnivore squads to take on his centurions, I got a pack of hounds in close to his intercessors. On the left, I moved two carnivore squads out of cover to within 12 of his Sword Brethren for both Rapid Fire, and ignoring cover from my Warlod Trait and also providing a screen for my Ethereal. The hound on that side didn't have a good charge, so I used them to screen my Etheral who had given the Great Knarloc +1 to wound before he ran off after the centurions. In shooting my Ghostkeel dropped two more of the centurions, and the massed carnivore fire managed to kill the rest of his Sword Brethren. I also took another 2 wounds off the Emperor's Champion with the Relic Sniper. The squad of 1 carnivores soaked the overwatch and died and the Great Knarloc gobbled up the Centurion, though with only 5 wounds left, I decided not to give him the 5+ FNP. The big mistake I made here was also charging a unit of hounds into his Intercessors. The plan was to tie them up for the next round of shooting and hold them in the backfield, instead he counter-attacked and wiped the whole squad creating a gap in my lines. I still held 3/4 objectives and had done a decent amount of damage, but then things started to turn. 

On his turn 2, he brought everything left other than his Hvy Intercessors on his back objective out to fight. The Eradicators rolled fantastic and blew my Ghostkeel off the board. There was some other incidental shooting, but the big thing was when the charging started. The Emperor's Champion came out and killed the Great Knarloc, Grimaldus knocked off two Krootox, and the Eradicators took out my Bothrod Shaper. The Intercessors got into the Carnivores on the right, but I intervened with the strat bringing my last three Krootox to bear against them. He took out one Krootox and I took down only one Intercessor in exchange after he popped Transhuman.

Turn 3: 

At this point, the Black Templar train was rolling and with my heavy hitters now dead, I had to mitigate damage and hold on. I pulled back as far as I could while still holding the objectives. I gave my Shaper +1 to wound and then ran my Ethereal away (I mad the mistake here of forgetting to Marker the Emperor's Champion after booking it which would come back to haunt me). Some incidental shooting took a wound off an Eradicator, but that was it. I whiffed hard on my Relic Sniper, missing all of my shots (but rolling three 3's that would have hit had I markered him) and leaving the Emperor's Champion on the table. I ran my last squad of hounds in behind Grimaldus to go after the servitors, but after my charge there, I wiffed hard again, hitting only 12 of my 27 3+ attacks. An average of 4 wounds on that, then him making 3 of his 4+ saves, led to only one dead servitor and only 3 of the 9 VP I was hoping for in that exchange. Turns out that even though they aren't technical Astartes, Servitors still have Amrour of Contempt. :( I did also manage to take out 2 Intercessors while only loosing loosing 1 more Krootox.

For his turn 3, He shot up half of my screen, then killed the rest in melee, brining the Hvy Intercessors up into the fight as well and consolidated onto the objective.  Grimaldus joined the fight on the other objective killing of the Krootx, but I had just enough bodies left to hold it after some poor intercessor rolls. I tried to pick off the servitors again, but one more he rolled a fistful of 4+'s and they lived. He did however kill exactly enough bodies to flip to objective. 

Turn 4:

Not much I had left now. I fell my shaper out of combat and hit her behind some terrain to make it hard to get to her. The Ethereal made it back to cover behind a squad of carnivores that was holding the backfield. I tired to fall back my carnivires to shoot at the Sevitors form the backfield, but he popped a strat that prevented it on a 4+ and made the roll. My last carnivores in combat tried to down the servitors, but one again, he rolled several 4+ saves and kept them alive. The swing back killed most of them, but I still had one Carnivore left after morale. 

For his turn 4, he ran his Emperor's Champion back to his rear objective, though I'm still not sure why. The Hvy Intercessors managed to konga line out to my Shaper without leaving the objective and just managed to finish her off. Grimaldus also executed my last carnivore with his pistol. He advanced his Eradicators up to just get in range of my carnivores and killed 3 of them in shooting. 

Turn 5:

The score was starting to even out and I had almost nothing left. I knew I had to keep my Ethereal from dying in close combat to reduce his VP, so I moved her to the furthest corner of the table. My carnivores then moved up and tried once more to kill those Servitors. They all unloaded into them, but once more Grimaldus' servitors stood strong, making several 4+ saves. 

For his turn, he shot up my remaining carnivores and after moving up his Eradicators, he needed an 11" charge (with BT re-roll) to connect with my Etheral. And he straight up rolled double 6's, no re-roll required. XD Of course she didn't last long to 3 Black Templar in melee and he got his 10 VP.

So, while I did get tabled, it was still a very close game. After tallying up the score, and re-counting because it was so close, it was 75-73 in my favour, the closes game I've ever had. 

TBH I was really worried about the nerfs and I did REALLY feel them, had this been pre-nerf, I feel like I would have won quite handedly, so all and all, I think the nerfs and buffs did balance them out well.  I had the maneuverability to handle the objectives and play the points game, while he had the durability to just bust through everything. There were plenty of times where a mistake or two one either side really shaped the game. All and all, it was a blast to play, my favorite games are the ones where you don't know who won until you actually start counting points. 

I'll keep this list for the next round, and hopefully my Knarloc's will arrive soon so I can add them in for the 1500 point list.  

• 5 weeks later...

Bit late on the update for this one, but you're sorta getting to rounds at once. My round 4 match was against a Word Bearers cultist Horde army, but he was mostly melee cultist and I had so much small arms fire, that it wasn't much of a contest. Because of that I didn't see much point in doing an update, so now here's my 5th round 1,500 point list:

Dal'Yth Battalion Detachment

HQ

1 Ethereal on Disk with 2 Marker Drones: 85pts

Relic: Humble Stave

Warlord Trait: Unifying Influence.

1 Kroot Shaper with Grenade Belt and Pistol: 25pts

Relic: Ka'Chak'Tarr (1CP)

Warlord Trait: Master of the Hunt (1CP)

1 Kroot Shaper with Grenade Belt and Pistol: 25pts

Relic: Bothrod Gland (1CP)

1 Cadre Fireblade with 1 Marker Drone: 60pts

Warlord Trait: Through Unity, Devastation (1CP)

Troops:

6x10 Kroot Carnivores: 360pts

2x10 Breachers with Guardian Drone and Marker Drone: 210pts

10 Fire Warriors with Marker light: 85pts

Elites:

2x3 Krootox Riders: 150pts

Ghostkeel with Fusion Blasters and Flare Launcher: 185pts

Fast Attack

12 Kroot Hounds: 72pts

2x4 Kroot Hounds: 48pts

Heavy Support:

3 Great Knarlocs: 195pts

Total: 1,500 Points / 8CP

I played against an Ork player who ran Ghaz in a Gunwagon and a FW Warboss on Warbike. 12 bikers, one squad of 6 and two of 3, 3x10 Slugga Boyz, 10 Shoota Boyz, 3 Mega Nobz and 5 Burnas in a Truuk. We played Abandoned Sanctuaries from Nachmund, I took Decisive Action and Banners as usual, and No Prisoners since he had a lot of wounds on the table. He took Da Biggest and Da Best, Retrieve Nachmund Data, and Engage on All Fronts. 

I deployed all my Fire Warriors in some dense cover on my objective, supported by both my Cadre Fireblade and my Ethereal. I split my Kroot army in half for each side, with my extra Knarloc and Hounds supporting the left flank and my Ghostkeel on the right. He put 9 of his bikers and Ghaz on my left flank, and the other Warboss, the burnas, and the other bokes on my right with 10 boys supporting each. He put his Nobz, Shootas and last units of boys on his central objective. 

Turn 1:

He rolled first turn and after declaring both Waagh!'s with Ghaz, the Orks came flying. Shooting was incidental, then the charging began. Three bokers connected with a unit of carnivores and Hounds, while 5 made it into my Breachers and a Great Knarloc (exploding 6's from my Breachers with Fireblade support killing one in overwatch). HIs other Warboss tried to make the 9" charge into my Ghostkeel, but after using Repulser Impact Field to make it an 11" charge, his 10 was just shy. I then used A Trap Well Laid to Pile another unit of Carnivores onto the three man bike unit to make sure I got the kill there. He struck first with the 3 man bikes, killing 7 of the Kroot Carnivores that I'd intervened with, however this left me able to counter-attack with the Great Knarloc who after a command re-roll, ate 4 of his five bikers. The Nob stuck back taking 4 wounds off the Knarloc and my hounds and carnivores finished off his squad of three bikers. After this turn, we each only had 1 of our 8 CP reamaining. 

For my first turn I was tempted to try and pop the truck Ghaz was in, but figured killing the other Warboss was more of a sure thing. I moved everything up, securing all three midfield objectives thanks to the advance and shoot with Mont'Ka. The Ghostkeel took on the Forge World Warboss and three close range fusion blasters to the face brought him down. The advancing Carnivores on the left flank shot up some Slugga boys taking cover in the back, while the Breachers wiped out a squad in the center. The Right flank knocked off one of his last three bikers, then poured all their remaining fire into the trukk, trying to break it open and kill the burna's but it took all my shooting to do so and left four of the burna's still alive. I charged my large unit of hounds into the biker tying up my knarloc, who killed him with no issue. I tossed four into Ghaz's transport to try and bog him down, but the roller killed 3 and I lost the last one to Ld. I also charged the Ghostkeel into the Burna's to keep them away from my infantry, taking a wound to overwatch and killing one burna in melee. 

Turn 2: 
Ghaz jumped out of the Gunwagon and shot up the few carnivores from the squad the bikers hit, then took out most of another squad in close combat. The Gunwagon charged into my Krootox as well, killing two of them with its roller. The Mega Nobz, got into the center and killed a drone in shooting, then charged my Breachers. However with the mini transhuman and 4+ invul provided by the guardian drone, they were only able to take down three of them. The last two bikers on the right charged into my Krootox, dealing one one, but dying on the attack back. The boyz on that side charged into the Ghostkeel, taking out both drones and doing one additional wound, while loosing the burnas to the attack back. 

For my turn two, I fell back my Breachers and Ghostkeel, and brought down everything they were fighting in shooting. I also had just enough firepower to pick off the shoota boyz in the back. I charged two Gnarlocs into the Gunwagon who brought it down to 2 wounds and it took one of my Knarlocs down to 1 in response. I charged another squad of carnivores and my 12 pack of hounds into Ghaz and took 4 wounds off him while loosing 7 hounds in return, then having all 5 run to morale. XD

Turn 3: 
Ghaz Chomped up a bunch more carnivores, leaving only 5 on the objective after leadership while the gunwagon went down and much to my opponant's chagrin, did not explode and finish off my knarloc. 

On my turn I fell back my carnivores and my entire army shot into Ghaz, only for him to make save after save taking only a single wound and brining him down to 4. Then my Garlocs charged and rolled really well to smack him with 5 mortals to end the game.

Final score: 96-27. 

I was pretty worried at first about all the turn one charging and not being able to get up into the midfield like I always do, but it tuned out that with the amount of bodies I had and the Orks not having a very good save, all I had to do was throw lots of bodies and bullets at them and they fell over much faster than I did. This is the first time I've played against Orks this edition, but I got the impression that his list was super casual even before seeing how the game went, so I'm hoping I'll get another crack at the Green Tide later on to really see what they are made of. 

Edited by Tawnis