Rann vs Zephon Base Sizes - New to 30K Question

Hello All,

I've always been interested in 30K but have never played, for a variety of reasons. The Heresy 2.0 rumors, Siege of Terra novels and recent Black Library models have pushed me into starting a small collection of 30K models (Imperial Fists, Blood Angels & White Scars).

I purchased both Fafnir Rann and Dominion Zephon. I'm curious, why is Rann on a 35mm base and Zephon on a 40mm base? Aren't they both characters?

Any input would be appreciated.

Not quite certain. Perhaps standard infantry and characters will stay on 32mm bases, but maybe certain ones (jump pack characters) will move to 40mm.

Most characters will be on 32mm bases, I think that Fafnir Rann is on 32mm is a good sign that you should be safe to mostly do standard characters on 32mm and Terminators on 40mm.

I think we can conclude it's likely most characters will stay on 32mm if Rann is on that. Terminator characters are on 40mm bases.

We'll have to see, I wouldn't really worry too much about them bumping characters up to 40mm, as there'll be a lot of people that are in the same boat if they do.