Inquisitor Martyr any good?

Sup guys and ghouls, I was thinking about picking up an xbox one at the weekend as they are going cheapish locally and I noticed the local shop has Inquisitor Martyr for like £7.50, and I was wondering if its worth picking up or not? I know the price is pretty cheap but funds are still tight (aint gona get many games after buying the console tbh) and will it keep me going until next month when I get paid next or would I be better off skipping it and buying another copy of Skyrim or Dragon Age Inquisition? 

Im counting on you guys to lead me down the right path of gaming awesomeness here :lol

Also if I should buy it why is it so good? I have no idea what to expect, tbh I totally forgot the game was even a thing let alone realise is been out for ages. 

Help me Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau, your my only hope. 

It's one of the better 40k games for sure (not that this is a particularly high bar to clear), and my understanding is that it has improved pretty substantially since it launched although I haven't played it in a good while myself. I guess it comes down to whether or not you like Diablo-style ARPGs though; if that genre does it for you then I think it's a pretty nice game. 

I loved Diablo 1 and 2, Diablo 3 just felt like a crappy arcade version of the earlier games though. I did just pop into the shop to enquire about xbox prices and he did say I get a 10% discount on any games I purchase with said console so I may pick it up anyway, there isnt much choice game wise in the shop atm and Im not leaving without something to play. :lol

Inquisitor: Martyr is the game that gets me wanting to paint.

This is the best summary of how I feel about it, and it is a bit of a back-handed compliment, but it's actually why I like the game.  It's just fun enough for me to load up and play for 30 minutes to an hour, at which point I've had my fill of the game, but my mindset is still in 40k, so I paint instead.  The problem I had with Skyrim and Dragon Age: Inquisition is when I was playing those, I didn't want to turn it off.  I was so into them I didn't get any painting done, nor any 40k games in, they really sucked up all my time.  For reference, according to Steam I've got about 100+ hours in Inquisitor: Martyr, which I still got installed and play once in awhile.  Skyrim, I've got 200+ hours, which I hadn't touched ever since I uninstalled it, but all my personal time was in that 1 title at the time.

How does Inquisitor: Martyr play?  It's hard to describe.  Over time, it's become more like Diablo II, but initially it was more of a Tactical RPG, closer to actually Dawn of War II's story campaign, if you only controlled the main character (instead of 4 units).  It's more like a series of small skirmish battles than a pure dungeon crawl.

If you ever played or read the Dark Heresy RPG books, it's clear to me the devs knew of it.  It's almost like they were hoping to license that before coming up with their own thing.  Instead of the Culexis Sector, this is the Caligari Sector.  Their character designs look like something from the Dark Heresy artwork.  You can either go Puritan or Radical, with different game effects.  I actually think they do a better job recreating the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Imperium than even the novels.

One thing I admire from the devs is, not only are they patching it, not only are they creating DLC, but they're also creating new free content.  Every time I got back to it, they actually add some new mini-campaign, like after beating the main storyline I went back to it, suddenly Dark Eldar are a thing.  I really appreciated that.

As for the price...I don't know if you can get it for free from Xbox Live's service or whatever.  You might want to double-check that before committing.  I think they might give away the game once in awhile when they're about to upsell a new DLC.

Final point if you do plan on getting it - not all the classes are equal/balanced.  I found my Heavy Bolter/Tarantula Turret build for the Crusader is way more reliable at higher difficulties than my other characters.

I loved Diablo 1 and 2, Diablo 3 just felt like a crappy arcade version of the earlier games though. I did just pop into the shop to enquire about xbox prices and he did say I get a 10% discount on any games I purchase with said console so I may pick it up anyway, there isnt much choice game wise in the shop atm and Im not leaving without something to play. :laugh.:

It's definitely more like Diablo 2 than 3.  Personally, I enjoyed playing 3 more.  It even has that Runes system where you modify your gear with combinations of like binharic cant.

It's worth 7.50 for sure. Don't expect to sit and grind it for hours, I usually top out at about 30-45mins per session. I know it's had many updates sine I last played it, and it had significantly improved from launch even then. It is Diablo-esque, but I enjoyed it.

Adding my vote for Inquisitor: Martyr as well. Even at launch it was fun, just suffered a little bit from the success its developer was clearly not expecting.

Played it for something like 120 hours and enjoyed every minute. Definitely worth the price. Great developers too. They really have the 40k atmosphere nailed and seem like big fans of the franchise.